Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

minor problem now waiting for parts to order

Reaction score
went on vacation took the h520 with me and did recalibration of the compass and accelerometer due to the 600 miles difference from last flight area. first 6 flights went great no problems. however when I started on the 7th to 12th that when things went south a bit entirely my fault. built a 3 foot by 4 foot flight deck platform using plastic shelves and fiberglass screen (screen material was tested with a h480 with out props for compass issues which passed blinking blue and did not blink the orange light) and framed in 1.5 inch angle aluminum. my error was flight mode selection with winds that did not help. intended on angle mode but was in manual mode. result lost one landing leg and just the leg itself. My h480 got that part covered but not the a arm on the h520 which is cracked at the motor and must be replaced. Just got to find a dealer that has that part that is able to be ordered. otherwise one tough bird. cudos to rugged e90 it should have been a total loss but just minor scuff. the camera arms are still true and is still fully functional.

What a shame, mate. At least you can confirm it's hard.

Cheer up and have fun on vacation :)

went on vacation took the h520 with me and did recalibration of the compass and accelerometer due to the 600 miles difference from last flight area. first 6 flights went great no problems. however when I started on the 7th to 12th that when things went south a bit entirely my fault. built a 3 foot by 4 foot flight deck platform using plastic shelves and fiberglass screen (screen material was tested with a h480 with out props for compass issues which passed blinking blue and did not blink the orange light) and framed in 1.5 inch angle aluminum. my error was flight mode selection with winds that did not help. intended on angle mode but was in manual mode. result lost one landing leg and just the leg itself. My h480 got that part covered but not the a arm on the h520 which is cracked at the motor and must be replaced. Just got to find a dealer that has that part that is able to be ordered. otherwise one tough bird. cudos to rugged e90 it should have been a total loss but just minor scuff. the camera arms are still true and is still fully functional.
Ouch. Sorry about your unfortunate mishap. Could have been much worse.

I am more than happy with the e90 build quality. I would have had to replace the cgo3+ if I was able to use it with the h520. I have no intention pressing my luck with e90 any further. but good point h520 can work with my flight deck build that can be used either off my van or mounted and lynch pinned to the custom roof rack that's is on top of my van without issues. well the Bravo build of the flight deck. On the Alfa build look solid and survived short interstate speed of 60 to 65 but when heading for my vacation location to test it out the top flight deck. The rubber mat secured with silicon calk and lexan glass on top secured with 6 screws and also silicon calk self destructed and blew apart at thank god time 4:30ish am (no traffic around me for miles) the main core was still rock solid afterward. lost my half of painted h rubber mat.

Reactions: Steve Carr
This vacation is having a few hiccups at the start. It's gotta get better...........:)

I am more than happy with the e90 build quality. I would have had to replace the cgo3+ if I was able to use it with the h520. I have no intention pressing my luck with e90 any further. but good point h520 can work with my flight deck build that can be used either off my van or mounted and lynch pinned to the custom roof rack that's is on top of my van without issues. well the Bravo build of the flight deck. On the Alfa build look solid and survived short interstate speed of 60 to 65 but when heading for my vacation location to test it out the top flight deck. The rubber mat secured with silicon calk and lexan glass on top secured with 6 screws and also silicon calk self destructed and blew apart at thank god time 4:30ish am (no traffic around me for miles) the main core was still rock solid afterward. lost my half of painted h rubber mat.

You could put some pictures of how you got it, the idea seems interesting :)

well just did further testing with the h480 to see if it can be used mounted to the van. It can work without further mod work with all aux equipment shutdown and 2 min to discharge the emi field cuased by the dashcam and dash mounted noaa weather radio and upper inside overhead compartment that holds switches and my cell hotspot device. when the equipment is hot h480 flashes blue orange when equipment cold just blue flashes moved the h480 in multiple areas of the landing pad looking for it to throw the orange flash which is a area of do not use. I only got the blue flash which means for me is all clear to use. but only tested without the camera attached and external antennas off. so got a few more test runs to do with the props off to confirm what can be used and where but looking good.

okay on the final testing with a near fully setup h480 minus props landing pad will works without a hitch off the van in any position landing when mounted to the van however the pad must be adjusted to the passenger side van a bit and h480 is best landing near or at the middle of the pad found the exact position the pad need to be locked at for best landing with safety border areas but must be landed at mostly 90 degree angles and best landing with the drone facing the back of the van and the battery facing the front windshield. which translates I goint to need to replace 3 foot van cross bars with 4 ft min to 6 ft recommended.

just called yuneec now waiting on a call back for part cost for ordering. if it comes right down to it make another h520 bird purchase and strip down to parts only and place what i do not need for resale as removed from brand new unit not flown part. my current h520 I will not part out due to the minor mishap.

that means I got to keep my current h520 flight batteries that came with the drone even though they not ever been used by me when I got the unit from the dealer.

How much do you think it's gonna cost to do that?

I swore I'd already seen the parts you need on sale. A leg and an arm.

Yuneec usa has yet to release the parts. They doing inventory count now. If i were to go with the spare new not used h520 order strip down. I might get 400 to 500 for the st16s with it's unaltered stock items. 150 to 175 for the main board with flight controller. upper body with gps 30 to 40 lower body shell 10 to 15 , sonar board 10 to 15. radio board 20 to 30 ,power button board 15 to 20 , gimbal board with wire harness 10 to 15. battery frame 15 to 25 main mount frame for the main board 20 to 25. the flight batteries 350max for the pair. keeping the arms and motors and landing gear at first. may be able to recover out of 1195 from 1999.99 if luckey

And the work involved. If you only have those two broken parts, I don't know, I think it's not worth getting into so much work.

Although I understand perfectly well the desire to have it up and running :)

You need
YUNH520111SVC. A Arm
YUNH520120SVC Motor

Both are listed as Authorised Service Only Parts.

Prices are around $100 all up for both

motor survived and is usable just the arm need replaced. oh when had I called yuneec usa it was stated by them that they may or may not be working on a better way to recharge the st16s. to sorta like the newest cell phones but the rep would not fully confirm sighting that he was not able to leak new info. but on recharging the flight batteries they are not going to improve on the charger one bit and stated you must use third party charger for voltage and other critical readings as well as being able to but the batteries in specific voltage storage.

bit the bullet and placed a 2nd h520 unit order for the parts that i need to have on hand for Justin case of any future accidents. well i now know from yuneec Europe site that the value of the st16s is about 800 to 900 usa dollars. and the st16s battery running about 65 to 70 dollars. but they do not have the arms yet are not able to be order currently.

finally got the shipment of the new h520 from terrestrial imaging. this unit is going to be striped down for parts replacements. Something I should have considered to do in the first place when ordering it. I am really surprised that no one is yet is purchasing new units just to strip it down and resell the parts like they do for the h480.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Digitix