Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Misrepresenting Product - Tried to help & argumentative

Reaction score
Found this listing on eBay...
Yuneec GB 603 Gimbal and GH 4 camera | eBay
***** later in day, looks like he made attempt to correct *****
3/31/18 - Relisted... same ad, just refreshed.
Yuneec CGO4 Camera and Gimbal (GH4 camera made for Yuneec by Panasonic) | eBay

Listing a GB603 and GH4 Camera @ $2500.
I open listing and see a CGO4 system.
To be helpful, I send him a short note giving the information to be accurate.
He replies back that he's a Yuneec Dealer and knows product and I'm wrong. :confused:

Again, in an attempt to be helpful, I send him a note indicating what the product actually is and provide links on Yuneec H920 CGO4 page, links to BH Photo showing a GB603 and GH4, and found a site that shows the GH4 mounted and provide that as a visual. ;)

Wow... I receive agrumentative responses that ended in him telling me to stay off his listing.
So I indicated I'd forward his listing link to the H920 owners, maybe it would help him reconsider his position.

:eek: LOL... He replies back with a very informative note of 2 words... F... You!!

WOW... Yuneec Dealer eh!

Last edited:
As you have his ad photo and the conversational exchange for proof, might we learn the name of this dealer to avoid doing business with them? If they will misrepresent a camera what else might they misrepresent? A report to EBay might be appropriate as well.

Couldn't agree more...
I only have his eBay listing... and associated eBay email. He didn't share his Yuneec Dealer name or his name. The eBay site shows him out of Texas.
He's on to me now... you might poise as in interested shopper... :cool: Covert Op for ya if you're willing to accept.

A report to EBay might be appropriate as well.
:) I tried a eBay report a similar issue.... but for a bike part.
Went through the channels and thought it was a nice thing to do.
That ended up as a contested challenged issue, that prompted me to call.
During the call, I was basically told to not "bother or pester" Sellers and if I continued to challenge the review agent, I'd be banned from eBay.
Well, being in the middle of Iowa... I just let it drop because it's a needed method to find hard to find components.
So nah... eBay can have their poor listings. I just thought the Yuneec Dealer should be shared and possible avoided. But my efforts with the guy got closed.

I’ve never had to use E-Bay. I’ve seen a few good deals that seemed to good to be true, and probably were. I’ve always felt it was an effective way for crooks and thieves to dispose of, or fence things. Perhaps I’m lazy but I’m really put off if and when I receive stuff that’s not as claimed by a seller and have to waste a lot of time and effort in a long refund or exchange process. Amazon is easier but they don’t have the wealth of used or discontinued goods.

That is correct on eBay in a small percentage there are bad players, and you can often quickly figure those out. If the listing is a scam, they normally disappear within a few hours... from my understanding, eBay IT Team has figured out some pretty impressive ways to trap bad, scam, fake listings but it takes time to scan the database since it's so huge now.

On the plus side, eBay and PayPal are together. As indicated above, most listings are accurate and I'd say 98% of the time are small shops & individuals listing. When there is a problem or a scam, PayPal is very quick to correct... so even if you want to use a credit card or cash, list them in your PayPal account and use PayPal always on eBay (now that I think about it, I think you can only use PayPay now).

As a "hard to find" resource, they are the best I've found. As a "used" component, they are great... many are sold as price fixed listing and you can send them an offer. Others are in a bid fashion, as long as you don't get into the gambling attitude to win it's a good price. I've watched a few biding wars go above "new" value because the Buyers get into "Gotta Have it" Win attitude. When I bid, if early I place a small value in to see how it travels and towards the end of auction I place my Max value in and it only draws from your max to stay on top until you max out. That way, you don't increase at last minute, if it goes... it goes... they'll be more.

I mainly use it for hard to find items, or excellent condition Used items. If it's not as represented, they favor the Buyer and pretty much alway grant a return.

Camera bodies, lenses, bike parts, etc... great resource for these at much lower costs.
Popular items not as much saved, just easy to locate the item.

My only problem... it's a fun place to hunt for things. You find things where you go "Hmm, that looks great, or been looking for that one". That leads to collecting beyond the need.

Reactions: PatR
I’ve never had to use E-Bay. I’ve seen a few good deals that seemed to good to be true, and probably were.

:p You can fall into a good deal at times. I found MFT Lens that Amazon, B&H and all the other Shops listed at $700-800, normal eBay would be $500'ish, but on that "Hunt", you find a listing not very descriptive, low attraction and ends in the wee-hours of the night... I picked up a lens for $270, received it and was 95-97% mint! Several examples on great hunts, but mostly normal used prices.

As you have his ad photo and the conversational exchange for proof, might we learn the name of this dealer to avoid doing business with them? If they will misrepresent a camera what else might they misrepresent? A report to EBay might be appropriate as well.

Did you go covert and reach out to this guy? Attempt to get his shop name?

I'm with and against what's been said about Ebay. They used to be much worse about standing behind buyers when they got screwed by scammers. Ebay is great to find anything that's out there. I don't think there is a better used system(Ebay) out there.

I doubt there's any way to get rid of the scammers. What I'm about to convey has nothing to do with those more learned than I on this forum which is most everyone. I think a lot of guys that get a few years of flying drones and think that everything they read on FB is accurate get a big head.

Personally I'll take a flier that is learning and skeptical on everything than the advanced flier that knows everything and can't be questioned.

So while were on the Ebay/Paypal thingy; I ordered a cg04 and the seller didn't send it to me for 3 weeks. He's got a 920+ for sale and I'm torn on whether to buy from this seller again. Your thoughts (constructive)(for Pat) would be appreciated!

Generate an e-mail exchange where ship dates are agreed to and promised, include mention of payment amounts and dates, along with name, address, and contact info for the seller. That creates proof of agreement. Use a credit card, as it’s faster and easier to recover funds from. AMEX is prolly the best there is for recovery.

If they don’t accept credit cards they probably are not a Yuneec authorized seller.

Last edited:
Reactions: thoneter
@thoneter what is he selling it for? If its a decent price I would sell you mine and I can FaceTime with you and you can see all of the gear live. I upgraded from the original H920 and I am not happy with the plus version, to the point, I don't fly it. If I could trade for an original H920, I would go back in a heart beat!

@thoneter what is he selling it for? If its a decent price I would sell you mine and I can FaceTime with you and you can see all of the gear live. I upgraded from the original H920 and I am not happy with the plus version, to the point, I don't fly it. If I could trade for an original H920, I would go back in a heart beat!
So for anyone reading this I'm not asking this question to berate Yuneec. What are the reasons you don't like the 920+?

I like the 480 because it holds its position much better than the 920. My assumption is that the newer firmware on the + and 480 are the same and give better stability to both drones. How many flights does your + have and how much do you want for it? I do a lot of 360 pans with the H and not having that with the cgo4 is a bummer. Guess I'd have to do it manually but producing the overlap will be a bit tougher.

What I don't like:
1. the lose of the zoom on a hardware pentameter
3. the lose of team mode
4. extreme battery consumption
What I do like:
1. the follow me, etc
2. quick disconnect props

What I don't like:
1. the lose of the zoom on a hardware pentameter
3. the lose of team mode
4. extreme battery consumption
What I do like:
1. the follow me, etc
2. quick disconnect props
If it helps... my H920 came with a set of the Quick Disconnect kits thrown in. I installed them and they work great... for their crappy design. I'm a bit envious that the 920 doesn't have the ST16 advanced flight features, I would have liked waypoints & CCC.

So while were on the Ebay/Paypal thingy; I ordered a cg04 and the seller didn't send it to me for 3 weeks. He's got a 920+ for sale and I'm torn on whether to buy from this seller again. Your thoughts (constructive)(for Pat) would be appreciated!
:rolleyes: You pondering adding another 920 to the hanger?
I'm really hopeful the H Plus is a show stopper to either examine or to see H520 owners transitioning over to the H Plus. The H520 lacks on many counts but it does do the grid mapping nicely from what I understand. That would be of interest to me.

:rolleyes: You pondering adding another 920 to the hanger?
I'm really hopeful the H Plus is a show stopper to either examine or to see H520 owners transitioning over to the H Plus. The H520 lacks on many counts but it does do the grid mapping nicely from what I understand. That would be of interest to me.
More so to have spare parts since it's a dead bird. I have 2 480's, 3 st16's, and 3 cgo3+'s. If one falls apart or I decide to visit a tree or yacht again then I've got a backup. I'd also like to compare the stability and have both team mode and smart mode options.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrichesin