Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Mission Planner to CCC converter

Reaction score
Hi all,
Just developed a small Windows app to convert Mission Planner waypoint files to CCC files that can be executed by our Typhoon H in CCC mode. I did it because the mission planning features of mission planner are superb, way ahead of what you can do with UAV Toolbox (i.e. you can estimate flight time for a mission, import kml files, plan grid sureveys, etc).
Only regular waypoints are supported, any other type o waypoint in MP are ignored.
Instructions (quite easy):
-Create your mission in mission planner and save the mission as a .waypoint file.
-Execute the app and open the waypoint file.
-Click save as CCC and save the file in a folder of your choice.
-Copy the generated file to your ST16 Internal storage\flightmode\mission_data folder.

Attachments

• MPtoCCC.zip
    247.5 KB · Views: 112
Reactions: 0verload
Interesting
Questions:
1. Are you using the H520 Mission Planner for Windows? What version? Does it support terrain following?

2. How are you converting 64 bit mission to a 32 bit CCC

3. What if your waypoint are over 99? Mission Planner supports over 99 waypoints and the H does not

Last edited:
Awesome. Look forward to trying this!
Thanks!
I think it would be a good thing to know what Mission Planner is being used, before trying it... Yuneec DataPilot Mission Planner does not support ".waypoint" only ".plan" just an FYI... I know there is other mission planners out there that Yuneec supports, pix4D (".plan" files) and another that's a subscription...

Pixhawk and Mission Planner are “normally” compatible as they were used together during the period APM was being “phased out”.

I’d like to hear more from the OP as it may well be the limited version of Pixhawk employed by Yuneec can still recognize the logic used in the original Mission Planner. This was one of the experiments I wanted to initiate but became distracted with other things and never got to it.

Reactions: CEWC
Hi,

The app converts from aurdupilot Mission Planner waypoint files to Yuneec Typhoon H CCC missions, only Typhoon H.
The app is not meant to be "user safe" in general, i.e., the number of waypoints is not limited (we aware of this!), it just translates the waypoints in the .wapyoints file to CCC format, so you better know what are you doing before using it. It only supports standard "pass-through" waypoints (Mission Planner allows you to create many other types of waypoints that I ignore)
I have to say that I programmed the app for my own needs and use, and of course, I accept no liability on this.

Thanks for clarifying the program and workflow and also for sharing your work.

I will have to give this a try when I get caught up on my Springtime chores.

Hi,

The app converts from aurdupilot Mission Planner waypoint files to Yuneec Typhoon H CCC missions, only Typhoon H.
The app is not meant to be "user safe" in general, i.e., the number of waypoints is not limited (we aware of this!), it just translates the waypoints in the .wapyoints file to CCC format, so you better know what are you doing before using it. It only supports standard "pass-through" waypoints (Mission Planner allows you to create many other types of waypoints that I ignore)
I have to say that I programmed the app for my own needs and use, and of course, I accept no liability on this.
Thank you for the clarification and your hard work...

Hi all,
Just developed a small Windows app to convert Mission Planner waypoint files to CCC files that can be executed by our Typhoon H in CCC mode. I did it because the mission planning features of mission planner are superb, way ahead of what you can do with UAV Toolbox (i.e. you can estimate flight time for a mission, import kml files, plan grid sureveys, etc).
Only regular waypoints are supported, any other type o waypoint in MP are ignored.
Instructions (quite easy):
-Create your mission in mission planner and save the mission as a .waypoint file.
-Execute the app and open the waypoint file.
-Click save as CCC and save the file in a folder of your choice.
-Copy the generated file to your ST16 Internal storage\flightmode\mission_data folder.
DUUUUUUDDDDEE! This is so awesome! Can't wait to try this in the field. Assuming this works (why would you share if it didn't) you have solved a whole nest of problems I had. Thanks for the work on this...

Can I ask for a clarification? I am using Q GC and have established a grid pattern, but when I try to save the file it saves as a *.plan file. I cannot find an option to save as a *.waypoints file. What am I missing?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nubestpremiumsupplements