Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

mission planner

Reaction score
Any one out there have some suggestions on how to plan a mission on the PC and upload it to the ST16 controller? I'm looking to do some mapping and there doesn't seem to be many options on there. I'm looking for something like the data pilot for the 520. I'm starting to think I should have bucked up for the 520...

Cannot be done with the 920. Neither the aircraft or the controller are programmed to accept outside programming.

well crap... any one out there looking to buy a 920+? mine has less than an hour on it, should have done a bit more research... I assume the cable cam ability would allow me to pre-program a mission.

You’re welcome. It’s a strange arrangement as the primary reason people buy a 920+ is the improvements found in the CGO-4, and previously with the 920 in the ability to use other cameras. Much, much better than a CGO-3+.

Unfortunately, some of what allows the 920+ to be flown using H programming is part of the program code in the CGO-3+. So the first thing that happens when flying a 920 in Typhoon H mode is eliminating all the superior benefits of the CGO-4.

I’m a little bit curious as to why UAV Toolbox is desired when flying a 920. The programming of the 920+ provides the ability to download maps, build waypoint flight plans on the ground, and pre-select camera aim points for each waypoint. You do lose GPS position tagging with the CGO-4 but to me that’s not enough of a reason to trade away 16mpxl for 12mpxl, an m2/3, 1” sensor, and sacrifice the zoom lens, variable bit rate, along with much greater control of the imagery.

Edit:

The OP actually answered that question in post #1; he wants to do mapping. With the 920+ mapping cannot be done using a CGO-4 as position data is not recorded by the camera. However, if he elected to obtain and use a CGO-3+ gimbal adapter mapping could be done in H mode using UAV Toolbox if the program supported mapping functions.

Last edited:
Reactions: chascoadmin

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval