Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

More batteries

Reaction score
I've got two batteries for my H480 that I obtained used. For a handful of flights, they performed normally, 10-12 minutes of flight time (with Real Sense) before low battery warning. Recently, after just a few minutes of flight, I get a low battery warning and proceed to land immediately. Using a X2-AC plus charger to balance charge. Wondering if running the discharge program, and then fully charging again might do anything helpful. No excess heat or puffiness seen. When they operated normally, they were slightly warm after landing, per usual operations with my other batteries. Tried reading up on LiPo batteries, but most of the tech stuff is beyond my tiny brain... Doomed to discard, or is this worth a try? If it's to be discard, seems like keeping one for ground uses might be a good idea - calibration, hookup to PC, etc. - can run out of juice quickly for those ops without consequence.

All lipos used in the H will be warm after a flight so that is normal. After a flight check the battery cells voltage level. You will likely find one or two cells that have a lower voltage that is cause the rapid drop during the flight. There is no recovery method that I'm aware of. They simply degrade over time. I label them and use them for testing, calibration etc if they are not swollen.

This one might be a good replacement. I have several of these and they work well.

Reactions: davemh
I've got two batteries for my H480 that I obtained used. For a handful of flights, they performed normally, 10-12 minutes of flight time (with Real Sense) before low battery warning. Recently, after just a few minutes of flight, I get a low battery warning and proceed to land immediately. Using a X2-AC plus charger to balance charge. Wondering if running the discharge program, and then fully charging again might do anything helpful. No excess heat or puffiness seen. When they operated normally, they were slightly warm after landing, per usual operations with my other batteries. Tried reading up on LiPo batteries, but most of the tech stuff is beyond my tiny brain... Doomed to discard, or is this worth a try? If it's to be discard, seems like keeping one for ground uses might be a good idea - calibration, hookup to PC, etc. - can run out of juice quickly for those ops without consequence.
How much do they deplete on take off? If your losing a lot of capacity lifting off the ground then they might be coming to end of their life. What's the internal resistance of them, that's a good indication of their health, do you always put in storage after your flights, don't know who you bought them off, but I find people can be economical with truth when selling items.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN

Good Question.
Keith Kuhn

How much do they deplete on take off? If your losing a lot of capacity lifting off the ground then they might be coming to end of their life. What's the internal resistance of them, that's a good indication of their health, do you always put in storage after your flights, don't know who you bought them off, but I find people can be economical with truth when selling items.

Can you please tell me
What are good numbers

And what are bad numbers for IR.
Thanks Keith Kuhn

Lol, "economical with truth"

Reactions: Steve Carr
Lol, "economical with truth"
Not sure where you bought them secondhand, but likes of eBay or selling sites people are economical with the truth and quite often stretch the truth in the listings etc, to get a sale, there's plenty of horror stories for eBay etc, but not everyone of course. With batteries itsvery difficult to know their history even with a new one from a dealer, how they've been looked after and stored.

Can you please tell me
What are good numbers

And what are bad numbers for IR.
Thanks Keith Kuhn
Need to be wary when they start going into double digits and if there's a dramatic difference in one cell or more, that might be an early warning, if your losing a lot of voltage on take off 16.6 volts, your going to lose on that initial launch, but say your down to 15.6 volts or more in those few seconds and it's still dropping then it may be cause for concern.

Soon, all Typhoon H’s are going to be static models unless Yuneec gets off its *** and produces new batteries
Don’t hold your breath waiting for that. You will be lucky if you can find third party batteries for the H480. It’s time to start adapting.

Last edited:
Are you using this battery adapter?
I've bought one of these, going to see what it's like, he ships to UK, There's still LiPo batteries that fit this here for the time being.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis