Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Motor Racing

Reaction score
For those of you who may be interested in motor racing the first race of the new year is on next weekend (31 Jan-3Feb)
Race is at Mount Panorama (Bathurst) in New South Wales, Australia.
This is one of THE endurance classic races with more Known racing identities than you can poke a stick at and all those expensive supercars that no one can afford.
Astons, Bentleys, Lambos, Mclarens, Audi, AMG and for the poor people, Porsche;)
Race starts at 0530 on Sunday morning (that's Saturday in the US) in the dark.
If it's anything like last year there will be more carbon fiber spread around the track than ever before!!
For those of you with snow so deep you can't open the front door a good excuse to sit down with a frosty ale and enjoy the proceedings.
cheers
link to web site attached
Liqui-Moly Bathurst 12 Hour - Australia's International Endurance Race

I'll have to get out the ol Falcon 50EX and hire a couple folks to fly it over there. :rolleyes:

I'll have to get out the ol Falcon 50EX and hire a couple folks to fly it over there. :rolleyes:

Falcon 50EX!!?? thinks to self...I don't recall a Ford with that designation.......Falcon yes but 50EX???
Then I relised you said ...FLY
Google.....WOW!!!
I didn't realise military pilots got paid so much...currently 4.5 mil US for a 20 yr old model
By the time you dust her off, fuel her up, find the 2 pilots, get your clearance for international flight, refuelling stopovers, clearing customs here in Oz, drive/fly 200+ km to bathurst, you should be just in time for the award ceremony :eek:
cheers

Reactions: AH-1G
Indeed! It’s a very long flight and the time zone difference is a disaster.

Tell me about it....
I spent 30+years traveling through multiple time zones nearly every week
You leave LAX Monday nite, fly overnite and arrive in Sydney on Wednesday morning
Hang on what happened to Tuesday.
Then again if you fly from Sydney to London you can live the same day again!!!!!
That bit is not quite right but you get my drift

Tell me about it....
You leave LAX Monday nite, fly overnite and arrive in Sydney on Wednesday morning
Then again if you fly from Sydney to London you can live the same day again!!!!!
The Twilight Zone / Back to the Future?

Tell me about it....

Did similar with west to east for the middle east. It got a little strange going west to Australia for a few days before finishing in the middle east again. For me it was always harder to adjust the east to west return trips. Perhaps that was more due to having to adjust to civilization again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430