Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Motors Won't Start - What Am I Missing?? (SOLVED)

Reaction score
Have flown the H about 30 times since getting it, it is an AWESOME piece of equipment.

Flew several times at home and around town. No problem.

Went to Costa Rica, did Compass Calibration, flew several flights, no problem.

Came home, did Compass Calibration, Typhoon H will NOT start motors. This happens in several places that I've already flown successfully 10 days ago. Have not updated any firmware or changed any settings.

H seems bound to ST16 just fine, camera works, sends picture, rotates, etc. Motors just will NOT start.

Tried rebinding everything, changing to a different H and then back, nothing works.

WHAT can I possibly be missing??? (I have searched and read all previous threads similar to this, no definitive answers)

Was loving it, now not so happy. HELP!!! Please.

I haven't memorized all 247,000 combinations of what those lights mean. I guess I will have to break out the card that came with the H and go outside and try it again. I can barely see those lights, especially in the daylight. Give me a little while and I'll get back to you on this. Thanks.

Reactions: Steve Carr
OK, she's working again. Tip: Don't be lazy, boys and girls, take the props off to do the compass calibration.

Did compass calibration with props off, went much faster and smoother. Got some good sounding noises when done. I think it was a blue/purple from my last 3 calibration attempts today, but it was definitely green after I just did it again.

Started up immediately and flew rock solid.

I will have to dig out that light chart and see what all those lights mean.

Thanks for the help Steve.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Camera too??!??!?! You guys are wearing me out with this thing now! ;)

Haha........the camera gimbal gets very upset when you're rolling the H or the Q. It's a bit fragile for those kinds of maneuvers.
On the up side.......it doesn't have to be done very often.

Reactions: MarkC
Why take the props off to do compass calibration?
It makes the calibration process much simpler. Don't forget that you have just a limited amount of time to complete the compass calibration...having to fidget your way around those props takes more time and you are far more likely to be timed out.

Reactions: CSI and MarkC
It makes the calibration process much simpler. Don't forget that you have just a limited amount of time to complete the compass calibration...having to fidget your way around those props takes more time and you are far more likely to be timed out.
I think that was my issue several times. Took too long and timed out.

I think that was my issue several times. Took too long and timed out.

Now that people have mentioned it.....I have had that same problem a couple of times, but as a new user, didn't know what to attribute it to.

Reactions: MarkC

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval