Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

My Breeze comes tomorrow...

Reaction score
Any tips for a new drone owner? I've read a lot of scary things about this model and want to be totally prepared before I start flying.

Should I not upgrade the firmware? That seems to be a huge issue I've read about and I'm not sure if it's been fixed yet.

Thanks everyone!

Reactions: sc0utr3c0n
Guitar. If you're in the UK and using Android then DO upgrade the firmware, its literally just been released days ago and early indications are that its a lot better than the previous version.

Reactions: sc0utr3c0n
Preach it Red_devil haha! But seriously yeah upgrade the firmware if you are UK/EU based also remember give it a quick take off and land indoors WITH GPS TURNED OFF other wise it tries to find GPS ... in my case it found it in between the top and bottom of a pallet at work haha

Reactions: red_devil
I'm in the US. Is this thing even safe to fly with the current firmware? I'm considering trying to return it to Best Buy and see if they'll give me store credit.

Any tips for a new drone owner? I've read a lot of scary things about this model and want to be totally prepared before I start flying.

Should I not upgrade the firmware? That seems to be a huge issue I've read about and I'm not sure if it's been fixed yet.

Thanks everyone!

Thanks everyone!
Hi! Before I got my Breeze at Best Buy I read these message boards and it shook my confidence a bit but I bit the bullet and purchased one. I could not be happier. I've had mine for over six months and logged quite a few flights. I think I've upgraded released firmware a couple of times. In all this time I've only experienced one hiccup...on first flight when it lost the wireless connection. So it just hovered until it returned home as prescribed. Since then just perfect. I'm just offering this since message boards highlight problems, not good experiences. I'm not refuting any of the issues others have had at all. Just thought to offer some balance. Obviously, start off in a wide open area, not indoors. I went to a nearby football field. I also set the max speed to a very low setting since I had no concept of how this thing would fly. My only experience had been with one of those $39 toys that are barely controllable. Also, if you get hamfisted trying to manually fly in pilot mode just take your hands off and it will just stop and hover. In summary, I've had a great experience with the Breeze. And no, I. Don't work for yuneec. Have fun.

Reactions: red_devil
I have a breeze as well for 5 months now and have had no issues flying it in Canada, Wales, England, Scotland and Ireland.

Never tried it indoors though, and just flying it off out of box firmware. It's a fun lil uav.

I live in US and just upgraded my firmware to fix wifi problem with my Android phone and it works OK. Very easy to fly but if you are newbie suggest you set distance and speed parameters to low levels to begin with. Only problem I have had is two batteries going bad after very little use.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval