Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

My family vacation across country.

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I just finished editing this video I made using my Typhoon H and GoPro Session. The video is of me and my Family on our vacation going across the country and back. It's mainly just drone shots I took every chance I got. Thought you guys would like this. Let me know what you think, I would like to hear your thoughts. Enjoy !

Reactions: Tom Chastain
Mr. I,

That was wonderful and I wish I could go on vacation with you :cool:

My only suggestion to the video editing pertains to the blackout transitions. If you could shorten or eliminate them, this would be an excellent video. But what do I know, still learning myself. ;)

Reactions: Mr. I
Thank you @Santa. I think your right. I could shorten most of them. Then you get just that much more time to see the shot I took. Thanks for the advice. I'll try that in my next video.;)

Thank you @Santa. I think your right. I could shorten most of them. Then you get just that much more time to see the shot I took. Thanks for the advice. I'll try that in my next video.;)

I liked the video as well, aside from the black-outs.

What I did notice was the desire to see more of some of the shots that were too short to see much of the composition. I think one of them, at the end, had your craft, but... barely saw it.

Very interesting technique. Nice to see different styles!

Jeff

Looks like you had a great vacation. Good mix of GoPro and TH vids. Your aerial shots of the waterskiing were really good. Yes, the transitions need some work, but an enjoyable video as a whole.

Thanks for reaching out @NorWiscPilot. I know some of the shots were short and that's part of the video. I make lots of fast video editing, me doing lots of paintball, airsoft, mountain biking, trail riding on and with other dirt bikers. Most of the time they are just fast.

I have a hard time making slower videos, because I don't like looking at one scene for to long. In the future I'll try and make a little slower. But in the long run I made the video to be fast and to switch with the music.
Thanks for the feedback. I asked for it !:p

Thanks for reaching out @NorWiscPilot. I know some of the shots were short and that's part of the video. I make lots of fast video editing, me doing lots of paintball, airsoft, mountain biking, trail riding on and with other dirt bikers. Most of the time they are just fast.

I have a hard time making slower videos, because I don't like looking at one scene for to long. In the future I'll try and make a little slower. But in the long run I made the video to be fast and to switch with the music.
Thanks for the feedback. I asked for it !:p

Mr. I,

I get what you are saying completely. And as I said, seeing different styles is what it is all about.

I guess the real compliment is when people say they want to "see more" versus saying "I've seen enough!"

Keep up the fun!

Jeff

I think one thing that we as viewers tend to forget is that our viewing experiences over our lifetime form the basis of what we find appealing. Many of us who are in our 50s and older grew up watching films and TV made in a very traditional sense. Shots that are in modern movies at times look awkward or awful to those who grew up watching Spielberg. Simulated handheld video shake in a feature film 30 years ago was a no no, now it is almost a requirement. We older people grew up playing Pac man, the younger on Battlefield and Call of Duty.

That said I do like that movie trailer type of theme @Mr. I is using in his video, just wish I could still back flip off a stump. ;) Nice video.

We older people grew up playing Pac man, the younger on Battlefield and Call of Duty.

I've played Pac Man ! Heck a lot of fun. until you play it so much that actually doing something real sounds more fun. Me being 18, I haven't played Call of duty. I'm to busy working and doing stuff that will help me in my future. Like doing back flips off stumps:p If I played call of duty, I wouldn't have car or my drone. I'd be broke, wishing I had enough money to buy the next upgrade.

I have noticed a lot of the members are up there in age. I think I'm the youngest one here. I haven't seen anyone younger than 25:oops:

I've played Pac Man ! Heck a lot of fun. until you play it so much that actually doing something real sounds more fun. Me being 18, I haven't played Call of duty. I'm to busy working and doing stuff that will help me in my future. Like doing back flips off stumps:p If I played call of duty, I wouldn't have car or my drone. I'd be broke, wishing I had enough money to buy the next upgrade.

I have noticed a lot of the members are up there in age. I think I'm the youngest one here. I haven't seen anyone younger than 25:oops:

Only one of the youngest. There is a 15 year old member that I know of.

Only one of the youngest. There is a 15 year old member that I know of.
Is he still around ? I'd like to meet him, or just see for myself.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
parisaline