Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

My first ever Mantis Q flight

Video from my first ever drone flight with Mantis Q.
I've never used drone before this.

I bet you are proud of it and rightly so.

May I take the liberty of giving you a pointer regarding your video?

While you are obviously keen to show us your first flight, there are few people that will watch your video in it's entirety. You may think it is good but to others 18:40 of video will be a turn off. Yes, I know it is difficult to cut out footage from your video. After all, you are proud of it and won't want to cut a minute of it. But you must!

A lot of people just want to watch short videos and will loose interest after just a couple of minutes...if that. Those people are your audience so you should be trying to retain them...entice them to search out more of your videos. A video of almost 19 minutes of repetition will do the exact opposite.

The trick is to make your videos no longer than just a couple of minutes long...minimize repetition, and tell your story as succinctly as possible. Once you have got the hang of that, Grasshopper, it will be your time to shine.

All that said, nice flight. :)

You need to slow down and fly smoother. The jerkiness of this video turned me off after 30 seconds.

Congrats on your first flight!

Don’t mind @Grumpy... he is, after all... grumpy! (That’s not to say his point should be ignored. I’m just saying some leeway is warranted being your first flight. Besides, friendly banter, right? )

Considering this was your first flight, I did as @FlushVision alluded too. I did skip ahead. I wanted to see if your landing was one that allowed you to have a second flight.

Not seeing a landing, we can only assume you had a good experience since you did post your our video.

Good luck as you learn and “feed the need” that will consume you if you stick with it. It’s a good thing!

Looking forward to more posts as you gain experience as well as soak in the advice and commentary coming your way.

Welcome to the forum!

Jeff

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal