Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

My H wouldn’t land without using RTH?

Reaction score
Good Morning
I scrolled through the search area but didn’t find the exact answer to my H/ST-16 issue. I will appreciate any advice!
While flying this am in good weather and everything operating great, I received the first battery warning vibration. I brought the bird back to landing area and began the decent. At about 15 feet above the pad the H stopped and hovered. The left stick was working for up and rotate but would not come down!

then I got the 2nd battery warning but the H was still hovering about 20 feet. i Was bracing myself for a crash and then I tried the “home” switch. The H ascended about 30 feet, hovered and came down to landing spot and shut down. Wow, what a close call. I’m glad for the RTH function but I don’t want to always rely on it. So if anyone might have a user friendly fix it would be much appreciated. I was thinking possibly the contacts on the left stick but as mentioned, it was coming down nicely before it stopped and hovered about 15 feet above ground.
thanks!!!
Mike

Prime example for a "learn/Train" mode......
Mike
There is a a lot of options to use during flight, however not all those are usable for landing/homing.
I'm not the least qualified to describe them all to you, but the legs have to be down and in what I've gathered in a manual/Angle control mode to achieve the manual landing.
I'm confident a better answer will come your way here. will just take time for them to see your question... hang in there!

Reactions: 7cyclops
When selecting RTL it will climb to the predetermined height set for RTL. So when it climbed did it rotate, lower legs and descend and land?

When selecting RTL it will climb to the predetermined height set for RTL. So when it climbed did it rotate, lower legs and descend and land?
It climbed, rotated and came down to the approximate take off location...gear was down already

Prime example for a "learn/Train" mode......
Mike
There is a a lot of options to use during flight, however not all those are usable for landing/homing.
I'm not the least qualified to describe them all to you, but the legs have to be down and in what I've gathered in a manual/Angle control mode to achieve the manual landing.
I'm confident a better answer will come your way here. will just take time for them to see your question... hang in there!
Tnx!!!

Mike,

Great job using the “Home/RTH” function to get your TH back on the ground in one piece. What you did is actually the proper procedure for when this happens.

Another alternative when this happens is to put the rate slider to full rabbit and try left stick down to see if it will start descending. If that doesn’t work you can try pressing B1 (Motor start/stop) for no more than 1 second at a time, lowering the aircraft a bit each time. Once in the ground hold B1 until motors stop.

Since this occurred with your aircraft it is a good time to go into the Hardware monitor and check the response of the sticks and all other controls. Clean them if necessary, see this post How to: Maintenance Compilation.
Once things look good in Hardware Monitor do a double tap on the Volts icon and see that moving the sticks, knobs, and sliders produce good results for the channels ( only 1 thru 12 ).

Reactions: Steve Carr
Did you have Obstacle Avoidance turned on? Does your H have RealSense?
The OA switch must be turned off to descend and land.

Incidentally, the home point for the H is not the takeoff point. The controller is the home point, so if you move, so does the home point. The H will land around 10-13' from the controller.

Mike,

Great job using the “Home/RTH” function to get your TH back on the ground in one piece. What you did is actually the proper procedure for when this happens.

Another alternative when this happens is to put the rate slider to full rabbit and try left stick down to see if it will start descending. If that doesn’t work you can try pressing B1 (Motor start/stop) for no more than 1 second at a time, lowering the aircraft a bit each time. Once in the ground hold B1 until motors stop.

Since this occurred with your aircraft it is a good time to go into the Hardware monitor and check the response of the sticks and all other controls. Clean them if necessary, see this post How to: Maintenance Compilation.
Once things look good in Hardware Monitor do a double tap on the Volts icon and see that moving the sticks, knobs, and sliders produce good results for the channels ( only 1 thru 12 ).
Tnx very much !!! That will give me a project for this afternoon since we are sheltering in....I’ll test fly it again tomorrow and let you know...Tnx again!!

Tnx very much !!! That will give me a project for this afternoon since we are sheltering in....I’ll test fly it again tomorrow and let you know...Tnx again!!
I hear you. My last contact with the outside world was on March 19th. The prior week had been social distancing at the golf course and no other public socializing. A bit more and we’ll all qualify to wear orange.

• Haha
Reactions: 7cyclops
Did you have Obstacle Avoidance turned on? Does your H have RealSense?
The OA switch must be turned off to descend and land.

Incidentally, the home point for the H is not the takeoff point. The controller is the home point, so if you move, so does the home point. The H will land around 10-13' from the controller.
OA was off and yes on the real sense...Tnx Steve

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval