Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

My Hplus Came today.

Reaction score
So UPS brought my Drone Today. I think I did very well .I bought it off Craigslist. I bought it from a guy in Pa. My sister went and picked it up and sent it to me UPS. I got the drone, the Yuneec charger for two batteries. 4 batteries. A four hawks raptor sr extended range antenna. A four pack of ND filters, it even has a an ENGPOW battery bag that I didn't know I was getting. It looks like it's brand new. I opened it up and looked at everything and put it away for now. Tomorrow I'm going to make sure the batteries are in storage mode. Register it and continue reading. I've never flown one before so I'm doing my homework so I don't screw it up with the excitement of having it. With the weather it may be a few weeks before I can take it to a field to fly it. I think I did good. Is the warranty transferable? I know he got it in August.
I super excited to learn to fly it.
Jeff

So UPS brought my Drone Today. I think I did very well .I bought it off Craigslist. I bought it from a guy in Pa. My sister went and picked it up and sent it to me UPS. I got the drone, the Yuneec charger for two batteries. 4 batteries. A four hawks raptor sr extended range antenna. A four pack of ND filters, it even has a an ENGPOW battery bag that I didn't know I was getting. It looks like it's brand new. I opened it up and looked at everything and put it away for now. Tomorrow I'm going to make sure the batteries are in storage mode. Register it and continue reading. I've never flown one before so I'm doing my homework so I don't screw it up with the excitement of having it. With the weather it may be a few weeks before I can take it to a field to fly it. I think I did good. Is the warranty transferable? I know he got it in August.
I super excited to learn to fly it.
Jeff

Congrats! Hope it is as good a deal as you make it out to be.

As to “never flown one before”... are you saying never flown a multi rotor before, or just haven’t flown an h or h plus before?

If the former, do yourself a favor and get yourself a $40 hubsan or something similar. With prop guards, fly it around the house (inside no less) and get the hang of flying and controlling. If you bust it up too bad, just order another.

Beats the heck out of trashing your new baby first time out, or worse.

There are plenty of low cost choices, as well as advice on this board. If you haven’t already done so, search for advice of just starting out.

Good luck!

Another Jeff

What Jeff - @NorWiscPilot said, I would echo. Also, buying a used multi-rotor can be a good thing if you got a great deal or bad, if you don't know exactly what your getting. There is a saying in the motorcycle world: if your buying a used bike and you want to know how it has been taken care of - inspect the chain. It will tell you everything you need to know IF you know what to look for.

I think in our world the chain equivalent would be the batteries. I would immediately put them on a charger and look at first what was the level they were sent at and then look at each cell and see what the readings are. One thing our multi-rotors come with that motorcycles don't? Telemetry. Your ST-16s likely has all of the flights or at the very least, the last 100 and you can tell a lot from that.

Reactions: Jal7884
What Jeff - @NorWiscPilot said, I would echo. Also, buying a used multi-rotor can be a good thing if you got a great deal or bad, if you don't know exactly what your getting. There is a saying in the motorcycle world: if your buying a used bike and you want to know how it has been taken care of - inspect the chain. It will tell you everything you need to know IF you know what to look for.

I think in our world the chain equivalent would be the batteries. I would immediately put them on a charger and look at first what was the level they were sent at and then look at each cell and see what the readings are. One thing our multi-rotors come with that motorcycles don't? Telemetry. Your ST-16s likely has all of the flights or at the very least, the last 100 and you can tell a lot from that.
Yea The guy I got it from bought it to do a video on this one and the DJI MAvic pro 4. He kept the Mavic and sold me this one. I intend to check the telemetry as soon as I check all the batteries. Just don't want them plugged in over night so I'll take them to my office tomorrow to check them and make sure they are in storage. mode. I've flown those little smash them around the house and screw with the dog toys with my kids but never a machine with this level of control. I plan to do it like Pork ribs low and slow. Until I get the feel for it. Luckily I live in a farming area even though I'm Seven miles from the ocean. There's a 60 acre open field at the edge of my neighborhood where I plan to tackle my first flight. Probably 300 wide by 1800 long. I Hope I can handle that.

I like my Typhoon Hs, especially with the CCC Editor/Mission planner from UAVToolBox.com. It beats hand-flying to set up waypoints. It lets you plan a fly by on the contrller's screen, fly it, review the video, then edit it if it needs tweaking before flying it again.

Also, I don't fly my Hs anywhere but wide-open spaces anymore and haven't crashed one lately. I went through three of them early on, they're very easy to crash. They like to have plenty of GPS showing, then they're stable, even at night. They're great for up and over shots with the 1 inch sensor, but not for flying under trees or close to or between houses where a Mavic Pro or 2 works well in a wooded lot around real estate...

Besides the recommendations from Norwiscpilot, rdonson, and Typilot, I recommend when you fly your H the first time, be sure you install the battery firmly ( hear 2 clicks) remove the camera so in the event of a hard landing it won’t cost you 3-400$. Be sure after powering up you let it sit 12 minutes to aquire satellites. Finally be sure you take off in angle mode.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval