Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

My last Yuneec experience

Reaction score
I'm done. Just had a really rude and condescending tech on the phone who told me that a "crash" that I had a month ago killed my landing gear today. What a bummer, I have been a huge Yuneec supporter. Not anymore. I will buy this part but I'm not going to buy anymore Yuneec products. I'm going down the road. I'm not the biggest outfit in New England but, I spend some money staying current. I'm going to skip the 520 and go with a DJI product. [emoji107]

I'm done. Just had a really rude and condescending tech on the phone who told me that a "crash" that I had a month ago killed my landing gear today. What a bummer, I have been a huge Yuneec supporter. Not anymore. I will buy this part but I'm not going to buy anymore Yuneec products. I'm going down the road. I'm not the biggest outfit in New England but, I spend some money staying current. I'm going to skip the 520 and go with a DJI product. [emoji107]
Not sure I follow you. You had a crash happen a month ago, but the landing gear just failed now, or you had a crash a month ago, and part of the crash was the landing gear broke at that time as well?

Reactions: Ken N
I had a minor crash a month ago. No issue with tge gear. Landing gear failed today, well yesterday now.

What do you mean by failed? It may just be the contacts in which case removing,cleaning connectors and replacing may be all that is needed to rectify your fault.
Before jumping ship do have a read on other forums to check that the grass is truly greener on the other side.

I run two well performing H machines.

Reactions: Ken N
The left hand skid stopped working and was stuck in the up position.

I am no engineer but removing the leg and cleaning the connections would seem to be a good starting point before making final judgement. Someone on here has posted about this occurence. There is a Youtube video about sorting out the LG as well.

Thank you for your advice. I have tried that. I was pointing out more that they are jerking me around on what should be a warranty issue. This used to be one of the reasons I primarily used Yuneec over the other guys (I always had good luck with their customer support) . I'm surprised and not in a good way.

I was shooting a "going down the road" shot. Got caught up in some vegetation. It sucked itself up to a tree. Broke a couple of props and it stayed in the tree. Did not fall. I replaced the props made sure everything was good to go and finished the shot. It flew fine for weeks after the incident. There was never any stress on the landing gear. It's completely unrelated. Most of the time when I land I use the "hand catch"method. 30 bucks isn't goong to kill me for a new landing gear motor, but now I guess my warranty is void because of this. It is really a bummer.

I was shooting a "going down the road" shot. Got caught up in some vegetation. It sucked itself up to a tree. Broke a couple of props and it stayed in the tree. Did not fall. I replaced the props made sure everything was good to go and finished the shot. It flew fine for weeks after the incident. There was never any stress on the landing gear. It's completely unrelated. Most of the time when I land I use the "hand catch"method. 30 bucks isn't goong to kill me for a new landing gear motor, but now I guess my warranty is void because of this. It is really a bummer.
With a crash everything is related. How did Yuneec know that you had a crash in the first place if all that was wrong were a few broken props and nothing else?

Really, everything is related? I was honest with them. That's how they knew about the crash. This was really not related and the things about which I am complaining are a: the attitude of the tech and b: Yuneec's lack of support. Come on, I have 2 of these things, 12 batteries, cgoet, venom charger and I could go on. The bottom line is that I am over 5 grand in. Throw me a freaking bone on a $30 part that could or could not be related.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Really, everything is related? I was honest with them. That's how they knew about the crash. This was really not related and the things about which I am complaining are a: the attitude of the tech and b: Yuneec's lack of support. Come on, I have 2 of these things, 12 batteries, cgoet, venom charger and I could go on. The bottom line is that I am over 5 grand in. Throw me a freaking bone on a $30 part that could or could not be related.
Yes, really. When it comes to a crash, everything is related. If the crash had no relation to the gear in your view, then it was not something that Yuneec needed to be aware of. By telling them about the crash, Yuneec related the faulty gear to the original crash, therefore making it relevant to the current issue.

Yuneec only responded as they did from the sounds of it due to you informing them of a recent crash. A hard landing can also cause issues with the gear, gimbal, and arms, so for them, any crash that causes damage is a hard landing, gear up or down. As the crash was user error, replacing the gear is not at Yuneec's expense or a warranty claim.

I can understand that you feel that because you spent a substantial amount of money, they should treat you better than someone that perhaps only bought one H, but all customers are equal, no matter what they have invested when it comes to warranty claims.

I own one H, and expect to be treated the same as someone that bought ten. I also crashed my H within the first month of flying it, but rather than make a claim, I just bought the parts and did the work myself, because I was at fault...mostly. It can be frustrating when we don't get what we expect we should get as a consumer, but try to look at it from their point of view as well.

So in the end, you did have a crash with the gear up. Your current problem is that the gear stays up now and for me this is directly related. Yuneec won't give you free gear because you spent a lot with them and it has upset you. You stated the tech was not very nice, but you never did say what the tech said.

Sometimes things don't go the way we want, but it happens. If you really want to go with DJI, by all means do it. No one is going to stop you or try to convince you otherwise.

Murray

the attitude of the tech
I have to agree with the "attitude of the tech" part of your complaint. I probably had the same guy when I called. Arrogant and condescending was the way I felt. Any meaningful conversation was impossible.
The gear can usually be un-jammed by removing the props and camera, turning it on and then turning it up-side-down and operating the switch a few times while wiggling the gear. I've found the gear can get stuck without any type of crash and after getting it working again it seems to run without a problem.

I'm not really in disagreement with Murray, but I can see a different view after having a similar experience with the "new" support team.

It's really too bad that support behaves like this. I've found this is pretty typical for most support. Kind of like the old mock on the Radio Shack tag line - "You've got questions? We've got blank stares!" On the flip side, I can't imagine doing their job considering some of the people they must have to deal with, on the other, it's their job to treat each situation new and not bring previous bias into subsequent calls.

All of the above leads into why I basically go it alone, despite my warranty (which is now expired). I'd rather throw some money at my problem and deal with it myself than put up with the hazing and wait from any companies support, warranty or not. I will resort to help, but not until I've exhausted all my options.

If DJI works for you great, but as you've said you've already invested a hefty amount in Yuneec. In my opinion, a bad support experience over a $30 part wouldn't be a reason to jump ship, you once chose this platform for a reason. It will cost another hefty amount to switch platforms and you will more than likely be trading one problem for another based on principle. You're pissed and rightly so I get it.

Personally, this is your call, I have no vested interest in whatever platform you choose, I just wanted to pass along my personal experience and advice.

While the early Yuneec support was good it was also a surprise to me. I have no expectations that anyone's support will be good, on the contrary, I expect it to be bad, which is why I don't use that as a metric for my purchasing decisions. I find something I like, and go with it. If they happen to have great support...bonus.

I don't seen to be the only one with these kinds of issues "things that should be covered by warranty not being covered" I'm bummed out about it, but not pissed. I'm going to buy the part, but I'm not going to buy the 520. I know that no company is perfect, but when I had an issue with my phantom 3, DJI squared it away. Oh well. Ordering the part today.

Yuneec clearly states in their documentation they are bot responsible for crash damage, nor should they be. The attitude of the CS rep sounds totally unacceptable though.

The landing gear cold most certainly be effected by a crash that in the surface did not have the gear taking the weight if the aircraft. The foliage the H impacted could easily have leveraged the gear and weakened an internal component causing it to completely break on a later flight. As an example I had a fly away that ended up in a tree when the gear were retracted but one leg was ripped off by the tree. In your case I would try removing and reinstalling the gear leg as it could have been leveraged and shifted to contact points out of position.

It's one thing to be angry about the CS rep. I've had cause for that lately as well. But it's neither fair or reasonable to expect warranty repairs after a crash of your own making. That sounds more like being frustrated for not getting something for nothing.

My one experience with Yuneec tech support was positive for the most part. Long wait to connect with someone but he was patient, explained things well and waited with me while I tried the "fixes" to be sure of the results. What I dislike more than anything is to get a tech support person who is working from a script, repeats my questions or statements, doesn't reply for a while then gives a ridiculous response as though they read it from a script and hadn't engaged their brain.

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis