Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

My SteadyGrip LiPo mod

Reaction score
2MMPkIu.jpg

Hi guys, after burning some 30 batteries i made my own LiPo battery mods.
I decided to go "Full Ali-Express" on this project.

CeuOsV7.jpg

Used components:

2x JST Connectors (male/female) € 1,18 (for 10 pairs)
4x Soldering sleeves € 7,79 (for 50 pcs)
1x 2200mAh BQY LiPo battery € 10,06
1X BX100 LiPo battery checker € 1.61
Total costs € 20,64

I didn't want to do too much damage to the SteadyGrip but wanted to have the voltage tester externally so i could monitor while filming.

df8D3n3.jpg

I used one of the battery extension leads because the lead from the battery was just about an inch.

duuuXUE.jpg

I used a small grinder to create a small gap in the battery door. The charging lead fits nicely ;-)

87nyfDE.jpg

I braided the wires together, used the soldering sleeves and fitted some tape for extra insulation. The battery has the perfect hight but needs some filling to prevent it from sliding horizontally.

M86TvY0.jpg

I like to take-out the battery for charging. But it's possible to just leave it in and charge it if you feel adventurous.

d0GV85G.jpg

Like this ;-)

Running time;
The battery came im at a comfortable 11.3V and after the first charge i had it running for ~70 minutes before i had to turn it off at around 11.7V. I think i can get around 90 minutes out of it and maybe more after a few charging cycles.

It's amazing Yuneec didn't fit the SteadyGrip with a LiPo from the factory!

Mission accomplished!

Reactions: Riktar
Wow that's cool. I'm gonna do this as soon as I get back from my vacation Thank you !

Dang.. Im about to buy my q500, and have no idea if it's the lipo version or not.. Also looking at another cgo3 with the grip for a hundred bucks, so I'm sure your mod will come in handy... Wondering if someone with a 3d printer could design a side mounting holder for the voltage monitor?... Hate things hanging in mid air.. [emoji16] [emoji23]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariarussii11