Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

My TH Plus Arrived Today!

DCH

Dr. FrankenPhoon
Reaction score
All the bullet sweating is finally over and I did indeed receive a TH Plus, not a wall wart (See "What do you think? Did I get scammed?" thread)
It is even better than I was expecting. Described as "Barley used", it is more like New Open Box. Protective film still on everything, not one scratch or blemish to be found anywhere on the aircraft or controller. In a word "Pristine". It's the complete bundle as he received it sans the original Yuneec shipping box, the only thing missing is the warranty, ...so it's fingers crossed. The way I see it, at $1200 I have $600 left over to spend on any repairs.:p Hopefully that won't be necessary.

A little probing into the Telemetry files has reveled it was likely purchased last May, has only been flown 6 times on 5 separate days, covering a span of 6 months. Previous owner claims he has no time to fly it, seems to be true. First power up and flight was 5/16/18, then 3 flights one each on 9/15,16,&18, final fight was short on 10/2, probably when he took the photos to sell it. Other evidence suggests he is a student at Stamford U -might explain the no time to fly thing. You can learn a lot from a drone!

I will posting my First Flight Impressions of the Plus on that thread later today. I'm off to fly down some batteries!

Here is a screen shot showing the FW version, it's meaningless to me at the moment, I'll be looking into what this all means this evening. With my past experience, I look at FW updates with fear and trepidation! I might need someone to hold my hand (and tell me "There there now, it's going be OK") thru the process if I need to update.
ScreenHunter_6003 Dec. 10 14.41.jpg

All the bullet sweating is finally over and I did indeed receive a TH Plus, not a wall wart (See "What do you think? Did I get scammed?" thread)
It is even better than I was expecting. Described as "Barley used", it is more like New Open Box. Protective film still on everything, not one scratch or blemish to be found anywhere on the aircraft or controller. In a word "Pristine". It's the complete bundle as he received it sans the original Yuneec shipping box, the only thing missing is the warranty, ...so it's fingers crossed. The way I see it, at $1200 I have $600 left over to spend on any repairs.:p Hopefully that won't be necessary.

A little probing into the Telemetry files has reveled it was likely purchased last May, has only been flown 6 times on 5 separate days, covering a span of 6 months. Previous owner claims he has no time to fly it, seems to be true. First power up and flight was 5/16/18, then 3 flights one each on 9/15,16,&18, final fight was short on 10/2, probably when he took the photos to sell it. Other evidence suggests he is a student at Stamford U -might explain the no time to fly thing. You can learn a lot from a drone!

I will posting my First Flight Impressions of the Plus on that thread later today. I'm off to fly down some batteries!

Here is a screen shot showing the FW version, it's meaningless to me at the moment, I'll be looking into what this all means this evening. With my past experience, I look at FW updates with fear and trepidation! I might need someone to hold my hand (and tell me "There there now, it's going be OK") thru the process if I need to update.
View attachment 13048
Keep the props pointing up!

Reactions: DCH
Congratulations on owning a fine camera platform. Updating is actually quite easy. It’s finding the hidden menu and doing all the calibrations that’s a little tricky. You should do them all anyway with this drone to be safe. The videos by Pegasus drone I think cover this the best.

I recommend pre loading the updates via the app and your internet first as the connecting out of the camera and into your home WiFi via the app is still unreliable. You don’t need the Plus on to use the app to look up the updates if you have the home WiFi already connected to the Android side of the controller. When you hit the little up arrow, that’s the default flight app button and from there go into tools and let it download everything into the ST.

It’s not an automatic install from there as you have to reconnect the camera before you can go back to update and then actually have it do all the installation. The current update is stable so it’s a good version that should enhance your experience.

Hey DCH how is the new Plus working for you? I'm really curious about the camera quality.

Say WUUUUUT?!!! Buddy, congrats, welcome to the Plus Club. Can’t wait to see your video and photos in the near future.

ay WUUUUUT?!!! Buddy, congrats, welcome to the Plus Club. Can’t wait to see your video and photos in the near future.
Yeah, it must have been when you were on "Administrative leave". Heard about that, I'm assuming that was without pay right? Oh wait, we're addressing that issue in another thread!;)

Welcome back!

Yeah I'm loving it so far, bugs, glitches and all. How can you not right? The C23 almost makes up for the Plus's shortcomings! I've already fixed the damper issues. Now I'm just waiting for Yuneec to get the firmware right.
Didn't know you had one too, that's great. We can compare notes -at least until your next vacation, or mine, which happens first!

Yeah, it must have been when you were on "Administrative leave". Heard about that, I'm assuming that was without pay right? Oh wait, we're addressing that issue in another thread!;)

Welcome back!

Yeah I'm loving it so far, bugs, glitches and all. How can you not right? The C23 almost makes up for the Plus's shortcomings! I've already fixed the damper issues. Now I'm just waiting for Yuneec to get the firmware right.
Didn't know you had one too, that's great. We can compare notes -at least until your next vacation, or mine, which happens first!

Yeah, man. No pay, and I went through a stage of depression, what’s worst, I was prescribed with Tic Tac for my condition, but no complaints, because it was minty and it took care of bad breath.

Mine has been okay, I re-shield the interior antenna/gps and wires with cooper tape.

Last edited:
Mine has been okay, I re-shield the interior antenna/gps and wires with cooper tape
Oh that was you! I remember now, someone was saying the shield wouldn't work unless it was grounded. That stuff is up my alley so I set the record straight.;)
I might give that a try myself.

Oh that was you! I remember now, someone was saying the shield wouldn't work unless it was grounded. That stuff is up my alley so I set the record straight.;)
I might give that a try myself.

So, many information floating around, and none has experimented ( I cannot use the word test because @Peggy is sensitive of the word
“Testing”) in gathering and sharing valuable, real field experience, but has something to negatively say. I am very satisfied with the simple mod, and this was my somewhat solution in managing to fly FW 777, and has kept it with FW 784 and I’m loving it.

You should try it, man. Fly it without and with the simple mod. It’s night n’ day.

Hey DCH how is the new Plus working for you? I'm really curious about the camera quality.
The C23 camera was a bust man! Yeah that's right, a real bummer!!
...Now I can't even use the CGO3+ anymore because the darn C23 is soooooooo much better! What really stands out in the videos I have of the same area with both cameras is the color depth. @Ty Pilot has mentioned this also. That and the clarity and detail are amazing. The CGO3+ has a tenancy to make the sky look washed out, not the C23, it's almost like you have a polarizer in comparison. It also performs WAY better in low light situations, no comparison in this department. Indoors at night with normal lighting the CGO3+ needs to be in Night Mode to produce an image equal in brightness to the C23 in Normal/Natural mode. I'm thinking this will equate into stunning post sunset/civil twilight videos.

The H Plus itself is a dream to fly, what the H480 should have been like from the beginning. It is so precise and well mannered I would have no problem flying it in the house, even without IPS! However I hesitate in doing so without making proper preparations, ...they don't call it a "Typhoon Plus" for nothin'!

So, many information floating around, and none has experimented ( I cannot use the word test because @Peggy is sensitive of the word
“Testing”) in gathering and sharing valuable, real field experience, but has something to negatively say. I am very satisfied with the simple mod, and this was my somewhat solution in managing to fly FW 777, and has kept it with FW 784 and I’m loving it.

You should try it, man. Fly it without and with the simple mod. It’s night n’ day.
[emoji182][emoji206]

emoji182.png
emoji206.png
OMG! LOL!!!! My kind'a guy!
Sometime a thumbs up just isn't enough!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member