Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

My typhoon crash, first time & second time.

Reaction score
Bonjour, je vous signale deux accidents. Je ne veux pas réparer, juste expliquer le danger dans ce cas ; pas de blessé pour moi, un typhon suicide.
Je pense aux interférences car le typhon était dans de bonnes conditions, il ne s'est jamais écrasé. Je vole depuis plusieurs mois avec des typhons au même endroit. Je vole pour d'autres avions dji à cet endroit, pas de problème.
Le premier crash : typhon décolle, plusieurs mètres, va à gauche, seul, je ne fais rien, et heurte le mur de la maison. Résultat : seulement son bras et une jambe de typhon. J'ai changé. Je pense aussi que l'antenne de la caméra est éteinte car un son dur ne s'arrête jamais, et la grosse lumière bleue sur le boîtier de la batterie, comme une photo ou une vidéo, j'éteins le typhon. Dans Ipad, enregistrez-vous pour afficher la ligne de consommation anormale. Je vois des débris dans un moteur, c'est tout ce que j'ai vu.
Je vais encore chercher dans cette épave que je garde en morceaux, j'ai décidé trop vite de faire le deuxième vol qui a donné le deuxième crash.
Le deuxième crash : quand j'allume les moteurs, le typhon décolle avant moi. Il grimpe seul à cinq mètres et décide de tourner en rond. Ma tête n'était pas si haute sinon je serais décapité. Vous voyez maintenant le danger. Aucune des poignées n'a répondu. J'ai décidé d'arrêter le bouton du moteur et il est tombé, détruit.

Hello, I report two accidents. I don't want to fix, just explain the danger in this case; no injuries for me, a suicide typhoon.
I think of the interferences because the typhoon was in good conditions, it never crashed. I have been flying for several months with typhoons in the same place. I fly for other dji planes to this location, no problem.
The first crash: typhoon takes off, several meters, goes left, alone, I do nothing, and hits the wall of the house. Result: only his arm and a typhoon leg. I changed. I also think the antenna of the camera is off because hard sound never stop, and the big blue light on the battery box, like a photo or video, I turn off the typhoon. In Ipad, register to display the abnormal consumption line. I see debris in an engine, that's all I saw.
I'm still going to search in this wreckage that I keep in pieces, I decided too quickly to make the second flight which gave the second crash.
The second crash: when I turn on the engines, the typhoon takes off before me. He climbs alone to five meters and decides to turn in circles. My head was not so high otherwise I would be decapitated. Now you see the danger. None of the handles responded. I decided to stop the engine button and it fell, destroyed.

There is a lot to speculate here without more information. The best start would be to upload the flight logs for review. Refer to Typhoon H Flight Log Retrieval as needed to retrieve and upload the flight logs.
I concur. Without the FlightLog from those flights it would all be pure speculation.

you can see my flightlog ---> FlightLog - Google Drive
The flightlogs tell the story. Something drastic occurred with the ST16 on Feb 11 between 15:46 and 16:00 as evidenced by the following chart. The values before 16:00 are correct for neutral position sticks (2048 +/_5).
ST16values 2022_02_11FL00082.png

I can only assume a calibration was attempted on the ST16 and it went horribly wrong.

The next chart is from later that day and shows that those values remain whether in Angle mode (CH4 2048) or Smart mode (CH4 3412). These values are why it starts making noise as soon as the aircraft binds with the controller and why it flew so erratically.
ST16values 2022_02_11FL00085.png

We need to know what is going on with the control gimbals on the ST16 before you ever launch the drone again. All the logs after this time period show these values for the sticks in the neutral position.

Reactions: WTFDproject
concrètement je ne peux pas arrêter le son. Il ne s'arrête que lorsque j'utilise l'ipad car c'est le tour sans connexion entre st16 et typhoon.
À propos de l'étalonnage, il se sent bien sur st16 mais ne confirme pas le typhon lors de la mise sous tension. Lorsque le bouton typhon est activé, il fait froid avant l'action des moteurs ; après le typhon est une machine monstre.

Translation:
Concretely, I can't stop the sound. It only stops when I use the ipad because it's the unconnected turn between st16 and typhoon.

Regarding calibration, it feels good on st16 but does not confirm the typhoon when powering on. When the typhoon button is activated, it is cold before the engine action; after the typhoon is a monster machine.

I get a another typhoon without last calibration in the same country, i yet alive.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem is in the ST16 itself, not with the aircraft. Something happened with the ST16 on 11 February that caused the values for the control sticks to be at excessively wrong values. This is why the aircraft will not fly properly.

Le problème est dans le ST16 lui-même, pas avec l'avion. Quelque chose s'est produit avec le ST16 le 11 février qui a fait que les valeurs des manettes de commande étaient à des valeurs excessivement erronées. C'est pourquoi l'avion ne volera pas correctement.

@marcodrone,
The translations are not working well. Much of what comes across has strange meanings.
Does the "Hardware Monitor" of the ST16 show normal response to the control sticks?
Does the "Final Output Display" of the ST16 show normal response?
Did anything significant happen to the controller at 15:45 on February 11? Such as dropping the controller, doing any type of calibration/adjustments, or anything you can remember?
How are you using iPad to work with the Typhoon H?

Les traductions ne fonctionnent pas bien. Une grande partie de ce qui est traduit a des significations étranges.
Le "Hardware Monitor" du ST16 montre-t-il une réponse normale aux sticks de contrôle ?
Le "Final Output Display" du ST16 montre-t-il une réponse normale ?
Est-ce que quelque chose d'important est arrivé au contrôleur à 15h45 le 11 février ? Par exemple, vous l'avez échappé, vous avez effectué un étalonnage ou un réglage, ou autre chose dont vous vous souvenez ?
Comment utilisez-vous l'iPad pour travailler avec le Typhoon H ?
Traduit avec www.DeepL.com/Translator (version gratuite)

Bonjour, le typhon reste en pièces pour alimenter d'autres typhon.
Le st16 doit retrouver sa configuration d'origine, être réinitialisé. Quand pensez-vous, y at-il un fil sur le forum pour reconfigurer le st16 pour tous les cardans ?
A ta question sur le st16, je n'ai pas vu de choc, mais c'est vrai que c'est le problème. Je pensais à l'effet d'un système de brouillage radio officiel dans mon quartier. Son intervention affecte yuneec mais pas dji. Le mode ipad est proprement nettoyé, il fonctionne bien. Le système ipad est bien isolé et coupe la connexion au bon moment, cela évite les dommages de la carte typhon. Les dommages matériels sont dus au crash du typhon. Le dommage est le firmware sur le st16.
un calibrage a été fait à cette date, et bien fini, mais je pense proche des interférences (200 mètres).
proximité de l'héliport avec hôpital et son système radio anti-aérien.

Bonjour, le typhon reste par endroits pour nourrir d'autres typhons.
Le st16 doit revenir à sa configuration d'origine, être réinitialisé. Quand pensez-vous, y a-t-il un fil sur le forum pour reconfigurer le st16 pour tous les cardans ?
A ta question sur le st16, je n'ai pas vu de choc, mais c'est bien le problème. Je pensais à l'effet d'un système de brouillage radio officiel dans ma région. Son intervention touche yuneec mais pas dji. Le mode ipad est propre, il fonctionne bien. Le système ipad est bien isolé et coupe la connexion au bon moment, cela évite l'endommagement de la carte typhon. Les dommages matériels sont dus au crash du typhon. Le dommage est le firmware sur le st16.
un calibrage a été fait à cette date, et bien fini, mais je pense proche des interférences (200 mètres).
proximité de l'héliport avec l'hôpital et son système radio anti-aérien.

Traduit avec www.DeepL.com/Translator (version gratuite)

Translation:
Hello, the typhoon remains to pieces to feed other typhoons.

The st16 must return to its original configuration, be reset. When do you think, is there a thread on the forum to reconfigure the st16 for all gimbals?

To your question about st16, I didn't see a shock, but it's true that this is the problem. I was thinking about the effect of an official radio jamming system in my neighborhood. His intervention affects yuneec but not already. The ipad mode is cleanly cleaned, it works well. The ipad system is well insulated and cuts off the connection at the right time, this avoids damage to the typhoon card. The property damage is due to the typhoon crash. The damage is the firmware on the st16.

A calibration was done on that date, and well finished, but I think close to interference (200 meters).

Proximity of the heliport with hospital and its anti-aircraft radio system.

Hello, the typhoon remains in places to feed other typhoons.

The st16 must return to its original configuration, be reset. When do you think, is there a thread on the forum to reconfigure st16 for all gimbals?

When asked about st16, I didn't see a shock, but that's the problem. I was thinking about the effect of an official radio interference system in my area. His intervention touches yuneec but not dji. The ipad mode is clean, it works well. The ipad system is well insulated and cuts the connection at the right time, this avoids damage to the typhoon card. The property damage is due to the typhoon crash. The damage is the firmware on the st16.

A calibration was done on that date, and well finished, but I think close to interference (200 meters).

Proximity of the heliport to the hospital and its anti-aircraft radio system.

La raison de l'accident est l'état du ST16. Les valeurs des sticks après avoir effectué le calibrage sur le ST16 étaient comme si vous les aviez positionnés :
stick gauche plein haut et droit
Joystick droit en bas et à gauche

Je ne sais pas comment vous avez même réussi à armer les moteurs, mais cette condition ferait monter l'avion, lacet à droite, voler en arrière et à gauche immédiatement après avoir armé les moteurs.

Le système de brouillage n'affecterait pas le système Yuneec ni le DJI. DJI est en fait un système plus sensible car il utilise le WiFi pour contrôler l'avion et Yuneec utilise un protocole radio différent.

Je vais ajouter une vidéo qui montre comment faire le calibrage ST16 de la bonne manière. La partie la plus importante de cet étalonnage est de s'assurer que J1/J2, J3/J4, le bouton Pan K1, le curseur Tilt K2 et le curseur Rate K3 sont tous en position neutre centrale avant d'appuyer sur Finish et Next. Pendant que vous regardez la vidéo, vous verrez la personne déplacer toutes les commandes qui utilisent des potentiomètres sur toute leur course dans toutes les directions et les ramener à leur position centrale. Ce n'est qu'après cela qu'il appuie sur Terminer et Suivant.

The reason for the crash is the condition of the ST16. The values of the sticks after you did the calibration on the ST16 was as if you had them positioned:
left stick full up and right
right stick full down and left

I am not sure how you even managed to arm the motors, but this condition would cause the aircraft to climb, yaw right, fly backward and left immediately after arming the motors.

The jamming system would not affect the Yuneec System and not the DJI. DJI is actually a more susceptible system as it uses WiFi to control the aircraft and Yuneec uses a different radio protocol.

I will add a video that shows how to do the ST16 calibration the proper way. The most important part of that calibration is to be sure J1/J2, J3/J4, Pan Knob K1, Tilt slider K2, and Rate slider K3 are all at the center neutral position prior to pressing Finish and Next. As you watch the video you will see the person move all of the controls that use potentiometers to their full extent of travel in all directions and return them to their center position. Only after that does he press Finish and Next.

Je vois que j'ai fait aujourd'hui le calibrage de cette vidéo, j'espère qu'elle restitue le st16.
Dans le passé, j'avais fait ça aussi.
Le mystère reste pour moi quand j'utiliserai le st16 avec un autre typhoon. Je vous dirai peut-être le résultat.
Le système du typhon accordait le démarrage de moteurs avec des valeurs erronées, yuneec n'a pas vu cette action, j'ai découvert un danger pour le pilote.
Bonne ou mauvaise surprise je vous remercie maintenant pour votre participation.

I see that I calibrated this video today, I hope it returns the st16.

In the past, I had done that too.

The mystery remains for me when I use st16 with another typhoon. I may tell you the result.

The typhoon system granted the start of engines with erroneous values, yuneec did not see this action, I discovered a danger to the pilot.

Good or bad surprise, thank you now for your participation.

You did not discover a danger. You discovered that if you do not do the calibration properly you can destroy the aircraft and pose a danger to you and others.

Why did you do the ST16 calibration on 11 February? The values on the ST16 prior to you doing the calibration were normal and controlled the aircraft properly.

To be totally honest this crash is the fault of the pilot and not a fault with the aircraft system.

If you try using this ST16 with the other aircraft do yourself a favor and do not try to launch the aircraft. Bind the aircraft to the controller, do not arm the motors! Place the Rate slider at the full down position then move the sticks through their full range of motion and let them center. Next put the Rate slider to full up position and move the sticks through their full range of motion and let them center. Next move the Tilt slider and Pan knob through their full range of motion and center them. You can then power off the aircraft. Now retrieve the flightlogs and post them here. We will check to see if the ST16 still shows improper values after being calibrated.

Vous n'avez pas découvert de danger. Vous avez découvert que si vous ne faites pas l'étalonnage correctement, vous pouvez détruire l'avion et constituer un danger pour vous et les autres.

Pourquoi avez-vous fait l'étalonnage ST16 le 11 février ? Les valeurs sur le ST16 avant que vous fassiez l'étalonnage étaient normales et contrôlaient correctement l'avion.

Pour être tout à fait honnête, cet accident est la faute du pilote et non une faute du système de l'avion.

Si vous essayez d'utiliser ce ST16 avec l'autre avion, rendez-vous service et n'essayez pas de lancer l'avion. Liez l'avion au contrôleur, n'armez pas les moteurs ! Placez le curseur Rate en position complètement abaissée, puis déplacez les sticks sur toute leur amplitude de mouvement et laissez-les se centrer. Ensuite, placez le curseur Rate en position haute et déplacez les bâtons sur toute leur amplitude de mouvement et laissez-les se centrer. Déplacez ensuite le curseur Tilt et le bouton Pan dans toute leur amplitude de mouvement et centrez-les. Vous pouvez alors éteindre l'avion. Récupérez maintenant les journaux de vol et postez-les ici. Nous vérifierons si le ST16 affiche toujours des valeurs incorrectes après avoir été calibré.

Reactions: azbloc
Le mystère reste pour moi quand j'utiliserai le st16 avec un autre typhoon. Je vous dirai peut-être le résultat.
The mystery remains for me when I use st16 with another typhoon. I may tell you the result.
Are you considering flying the new drone with the questionable ST16? That comes with some risk. There are some things you can do to mitigate the risk.
1.) Check the values of the final output display. These are NOT the same values as shown on "Hardware Monitor". These are the actual values being sent to the drone. The display is invoked by doing 2 quick taps on the "Volts" icon at the upper left of your screen. All should be as shown in this image. You should also compare the results with the same display on the healthy ST16.
Blank Post drawing.jpg
2.) Create and post the flight logs as described by @DoomMeister.
3.) The first motor start should be with no propellors on the motors.
4.) The first flight should be with no camera mounted and with an anchored tether rope attached to the drone.

¿Estás pensando en volar el nuevo dron con el cuestionable ST16? Eso conlleva cierto riesgo. Hay algunas cosas que puedes hacer para mitigar el riesgo.
1.) Compruebe los valores de la pantalla de salida final. Estos NO son los mismos valores que se muestran en el "Hardware Monitor". Estos son los valores reales que se envían al dron. La visualización se invoca haciendo 2 toques rápidos en el icono "Voltios" en la parte superior izquierda de su pantalla. Todo debería ser como se muestra en esta imagen. También debe comparar los resultados con la misma pantalla en el ST16 sano.
Dibujo del poste en blanco.jpg
2.) Crear y publicar los registros de vuelo como se describe por @DoomMeister.
3.) El primer arranque del motor debe ser sin propulsores en los motores.
4.) El primer vuelo sería mejor hacerlo sin cámara montada y con una cuerda de sujeción anclada al dron.

Last edited:
Reactions: DoomMeister
Certes, mon calibrage n'était pas correct. Il y a une faute du pilote, et une action inconnue que je recherche toujours. J'ai pris le risque en sachant que j'allais briser le typhon. Je mets un casque car j'ai peur pour le décollage.
Pourquoi un calibrage le 11 février ? Parce que les réactions du typhon étaient monstrueuses auparavant, je n'en connais pas encore la raison, je trouverai.
Suite à vos conseils j'enchaînerai le prochain typhon sans hélice, etc...
Oui j'envisage d'utiliser le st16 douteux, je compareai les valeurs avant, mais je prends quand même le risque de casser un typhon, il reste deux typhons.
Vous vous demandez si je suis stupide ou riche, non plus, mon avis après orientera mon goût vers les marques concurrentes. Typhoon sera une copie dans la poussière du garage ou dans le ciel un outil à côté du dji pour mes reportages photos.
Voici ci-dessous le nouveau log après calibrage.
Moniteur matériel, J3 J4 au milieu correct.
Volts image are the same too.

Certainly, my calibration was not correct. There is a fault of the pilot, and an unknown action that I am still looking for. I took the risk knowing that I was going to break the typhoon. I put on a helmet because I'm afraid for take-off.

Why a calibration on February 11? Because the typhoon reactions were monstrous before, I don't yet know the reason, I will find it.

Following your advice I will chain the next typhoon without a propeller, etc...

Yes, I plan to use the dubious st16, I compared the values before, but I still take the risk of breaking a typhoon, there are two typhoons left.

You wonder if I'm stupid or rich, either, my opinion after will direct my taste towards competing brands. Typhoon will be a copy in the dust of the garage or in the sky a tool next to the dji for my photo reports.

Below is the new log after calibration.

Hardware monitor, J3 J4 in the middle correct.

Attachments

• FlightLog.zip
    11.4 MB · Views: 8
Sorry my traduction from france is not complete in my head. The last flightlog is empty now. The crashed typhoon is in pieces now.
I show you a picture of my st16 screen after my monitor calibration.

Attachments

• monitor calibration.jpg
    monitor calibration.jpg
    1,006 KB · Views: 11
Sorry my traduction from france is not complete in my head. The last flightlog is empty now. The crashed typhoon is in pieces now.
I show you a picture of my st16 screen after my monitor calibration.
You can create a new model and bind one of the other Typhoon H aircraft to it. It will then create a new FlightLog.

Reactions: marcodrone
I see your message to create a new flightlog february 25. So i restaure a contact on crashed typhoon and it accept the contact battery. I switch on the st16 and the typhoon button, i'm happy to see the purple light. Then i touch the rate slidder in turtle position, and in rabbit position.
You can see on the flightlog.
Too, the big sound on the typhoon in pieces had disappeared. The control stick do normal sound, in back, in front position.
Whithout camera, destroyed.

Attachments

• FlightLog.zip.zip.zip
    11.5 MB · Views: 3
It appears you have a good calibration on the ST16 according to the values I am seeing in the flightlogs 00092, 00093, and 00094. I’ve attached the user enhanced manual for the Typhoon H, it is in English but you should be able to use a translator like Google Translate to convert to French. Use it to learn about Team Mode so you can use a pilot for the aircraft and a cameraman to control video recording with each having their own ST16.

Attachments

• TYPHOON H USER MANUAL Vcho3-2.pdf
    4.7 MB · Views: 11

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval