Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

My Typhoon H took off right after arming the motors!

Reaction score
Mine crashed yesterday..

I calibrate st16 just before and immediatly after starting the rotors it took off by itself and got out of control..

It got stuck in a big pinetree and then it crashed to the ground..
Now its totally wrecked..

Ordered a new one today

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
@Anderson390
notice the date this was posted? Nov 26, 2016
Trees, a love hate relationship.?

Edit: by DoomMeister

This post has bearing as the OP was in an ancient thread and I moved it to its own thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Anders390

I moved your post to a new thread for two reasons. The first was you resurrected a three year old thread, and the other more important was that you performed the calibration on the ST-16 and had very bad results as a result of that calibration.

The following is not to chide or embarrass you and is not directed at you personally. It is being said to ALERT EVERYONE that the calibration for the Yuneec Ground Stations (ST-10, -12, -16, and -24) should only be done as a last resort and only after other methods fail to take care of a problem with the Remote.

Before the first flight of the day check the control responses of the ST-XX in the Hardware Monitor. Give the sticks and sliders a vigorous full deflection workout, then watch the meters in the monitor and ensure the response follows the input and returns to the null point on the sticks. Be sure all buttons and switches work without chatter. If you notice any anomalies address them before taking to the air.

When stirring the sticks or repeated movement of sliders, buttons, and switches does not correct the problem, a good cleaning with pure isopropyl alcohol (not rubbing alcohol) or a plastic safe electrical contact cleaner is in order. A search on the forum (use the magnifier icon) will find threads for cleaning the sticks potentiometers. You may even have to open the controller to check for a loose or broken potentiometer if cleaning does not fix the problem.

Only after verifying that there is no physical reason and that the potentiometer, switch, or button is thoroughly clean should the calibration be performed. There are guidelines and videos FROM YUNEEC that show the procedure for the controller. BEWARE of YouTube videos as there are those that go through the procedure and miss the all important part of ensuring that the controls in the first portion of the calibration have to be CENTERED before proceeding to the next step (sticks, sliders, and pan knob). If this is not done it throws off the calibration by having a false centerpoint for the control. The same type of thing happens by doing the calibration with a dirty or loose potentiometer. Once you finish the calibration recheck all controls in the Hardware Monitor.

The main point of this is that the calibration should only be done after ALL OTHER AVENUES have been checked and verified good. Otherwise you may only be exacerbating the problem.

@Anderson390
notice the date this was posted? Nov 26, 2016
Trees, a love hate relationship.?

Edit: by DoomMeister

This post has bearing as the OP was in an ancient thread and I moved it to its own thread.
I'm so grateful the fix for my Typhoon H was only $67.00 when the tree reached out and grabbed my drone and threw it on the ground from only about 7-8 ft. from the ground. LOL Lesson learned, my yard is too small for this craft!!! LOL

Reactions: AH-1G
Mine crashed yesterday..

I calibrate st16 just before and immediatly after starting the rotors it took off by itself and got out of control..

Ordered a new one today
How did you calibr. the ST16???

I'm getting a bit concerned about/how calibration is being overly emphasized, when at times it's not really the issue at hand!

Maybe Yuneec was on to something with 822 on the +?

I'm getting a bit concerned about/how calibration is being overly emphasized, when at times it's not really the issue at hand!

I have concerns with this as well. Often a post calibration problem issue post started with a comment about how the H flew perfectly the previous flight, yet the owner went to the calibration process without carefully reviewing what they were doing or other factors might have been present when a problem became evident.

More often than not a considerable amount of investigative information is not presented in the problem post, suggesting either a woefully incomplete investigation or a deliberate omission of information. Things like; was the ST-16 beeping prior to arming the motors, had the operator accidentally deflected a stick during the arming process, was the neck strap applying pressure to a stick during the arming process, had the hardware monitor been reviewed for correct control function prior to the calibration, was it reviewed after the calibration?

Anyone that has performed a lot of incident reviews learns that what was not provided in a problem post is often more important than what was, especially when the system is still under warranty. They also learned to factor in egos as pretty much nobody can accept they might have been the root cause of an issue.

Last edited:
Mine crashed yesterday..

Ordered a new one today
When my H took off by itself, I discovered the camera tilt slider was mixed with the throttle in the ST16 settings.
As soon as it armed, the H saw full up.

Mine crashed yesterday..

Ordered a new one today

Mine did the exact same thing.
It was under warranty
And yuneec took care of
It.
Keith Kuhn

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member