Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

National Parks

Reaction score
Hi Folks !! I did check out a few threads.. didn't find any answers, my question to all of you experience pilots is .. can I fly my q5004k in National parks.. my wife and myself are planning a road trip to Colorado very soon! And yes my bird is registered with the Fed's..

thanks for reading this .. have a great day!! Donny v

From what I know, if you are just outside a National park area you can takeoff and fly into the National park airspace. However, you cannot takeoff or land within the confines of the National park boundaries.

This does not mean you may not still end up having a discussion with a park ranger, on the specifics of the law...

Thank you Eagle!! Just don't want to get into trouble with the man!! It's just that Rocky mountain national park outside Estes park in Colorado.. the country side is so beautiful and with a 4K bird the pics.and video would be awsome..

If Estes Park is just outside of the national park boundaries, you could technically fly. You could look into some of the recently decommissioned National Park areas in Utah... I will be.

Not just the man... even privately owned sites (for instance, Meteor Crater in AZ) have no drone policies.

Thanks much . Before we head out west from Minnesota.. I'll do some research.. Thank you for taking the time to get back to me Eagle .. Donny
Those areas are on my radar in the near future..

Thanks much . Before we head out west from Minnesota.. I'll do some research.. Thank you for taking the time to get back to me Eagle .. Donny
Those areas are on my radar in the near future..
Research the local ordinances too as many prohibit UAV take off's & landings in local parks. Also, most all state parks are off limits to UAV's.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33