Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Neat Vid on how to secure your Camera to the H

Sorry, is this person drunken :confused:

Sorry again, this is a stupid solution. You have fixed the Cam and when you crash there will be
a wrecking, when not at the the cheap two peaces of plastic you can exchange easy by
your self, the cam will crash at its 360° axis and broke 6 wires o_O

Sorry, is this person drunken :confused:

Sorry again, this is a stupid solution. You have fixed the Cam and when you crash there will be
a wrecking, when not at the the cheap two peaces of plastic you can exchange easy by
your self, the cam will crash at its 360° axis and broke 6 wires o_O

Umm, what?

Umm, what?

This is what you distroy without any zip types

yuneec-typhoon-h--gimbal-connection-board-yunyh108_1024x1024.png
Yuneec-typhoon-h-gimbal-mount-set-YUNCGO3P101_1024x1024.png

and this, when you fix your cam wtih zip types

a356be0b405d174d6d27f0bb8f613685.jpg

Make sure to test that video is steady as I did a similar mod and the video was choppy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a huge deal. I had to repair a gimbal where the easily replaced rails broke off. No broken wires, but the camera did completely detach from the H. It was nearby. Perhaps a length of light monofilament line could secure the cam against loss while allowing freedom of operation. Don't think you'd need to drill a hole. One of my suppliers described a similar setup. They're not yet giving those cameras away.

Oh my god she is worried about losing the camera at 400 feet up over water???? WTF you would need to hit a friggin airplane to lose the camera in the air. Only time the rail system breaks is when you hit the ground. Anybody who has been around Yuneec products knows the older cameras came with fishing line through the gimbal. What she did is way over kill. The rail system on the Typhoon H is pretty weak but you don't need to start drilling holes with zip ties.

Changing the lens will not increase the number of pixels in your sensor. A lens does not have megapixels...

Reactions: KBflyer
Oh my god she is worried about losing the camera at 400 feet up over water???? WTF you would need to hit a friggin airplane to lose the camera in the air. Only time the rail system breaks is when you hit the ground. Anybody who has been around Yuneec products knows the older cameras came with fishing line through the gimbal. What she did is way over kill. The rail system on the Typhoon H is pretty weak but you don't need to start drilling holes with zip ties.

Not for nothing it could vibrate lose. im going to secure mine in the same manor I think

Not for nothing it could vibrate lose. im going to secure mine in the same manor I think

If its never been in a crash it will never vibrate lose unless its worn out to the point the rails can't hold the camera anymore. Trust me I been down this road many time with the rail system Yuneec uses. So if its worn out replace the rail system, they are cheap and easy to replace. Not rocket science thats for sure.

If its never been in a crash it will never vibrate lose unless its worn out to the point the rails can't hold the camera anymore. Trust me I been down this road many time with the rail system Yuneec uses. So if its worn out replace the rail system, they are cheap and easy to replace. Not rocket science thats for sure.

so you will like guarantee my camera mount? if it ever fails you'll pay for it/ I fricken doubt it bro :) better safe than sorry!

LOL thanks man , but, they do not guarantee the camera wont fall off the bird! and neither can you ! get off your soap box and be real any thing can happen!

But I do appreciate your input :)

Reactions: Rayray

If plastic ties is a fraction too tie you will get vibration in your videos; just make sure you test it; this is a good idea as the dampers are very fragile and can easily come off

If plastic ties is a fraction too tie you will get vibration in your videos; just make sure you test it; this is a good idea as the dampers are very fragile and can easily come off

Yeah no doubt, i would go for smaller ties for sure, and a bit more research on what will and what wont, break if it hits hard, the lady in the video was watching someone else do the same mod LOL but its good food to check out

Reactions: Cesar
My poor eyesight and depth perception is probably the biggest danger to my H's. I'd be willing to bet though, that whatever Brian does to his will work great, with his attention to detail.

Just a while ago read through 122 owner comments about their P-4's. Holy Moly, we got no corner on the problem market, lol.

Reactions: Cesar
Well Brian I have been flying Yuneec products for 2.5 years and on the facebook pages for Yuneec and the forums about as long. Never have I heard of a camera falling off the rail system Yuneec uses. Its basically the same system they have always used. Thats why they use it, its proven to work. Only time a camera goes flying off is during a crash and you will end up doing more damage by using zip ties to hold everything in place. If your going to tie it down use a heavy fishing line. That way your not going to rip the Typhoon H Lower Airframe Cover all apart.
But what ever you think is going to make you happy have at it. I'm just giving you my 2.5 years experience, use it or not. Good luck.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval