Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Need help deciding on a model

Reaction score
Hello All,

Im trying decide between these two drones.

Yuneec Typhoon H Plus w/RS
I haven't found a Plus yet for sale in my area

DJI Inspire Pro V1 (Pics below)
I found a Inspire for sale which includes:
Inspire 1 Pro V1
x5 Zenmuse camera
2 controllers
Filters
Lens
4 Batteries
Case

Initially I will be practicing and having fun with it until I feel comfortable and then I plan on using it for work. Most of it will be Real Estate, events, possible roof inspections.

I have watched several videos on both but I wanted to get some first hand knowledge.

I really like a lot about both but the H is really awesome to me.

Would they do about the same for what I need?

Thanks for any help or advice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: KEITH KUHN
They are both viable systems. The choice comes down to exactly what your purpose is as each has its pros and cons. If you are going to business with it make sure you get your 107 certification before accepting jobs. Anytime you plan on being in business as a sUAS pilot you really should have more than one system to rely on. That should be something to factor into your budget.

Reactions: PatR and Mike Irish
I know about the Part 107 and have been looking into liability insurance as well. I have been reading that the I1 batteries are hard to get.

I know about the Part 107 and have been looking into liability insurance as well. I have been reading that the I1 batteries are hard to get.
The batteries for the H Plus are not readily available and are on average about $180 each. The Plus and the H520 use the same battery.

I believe both models may be difficult to get some parts for. The H Plus parts in the US are difficult to find. The Inspire is old enough that it may suffer from the same parts shortage.

Being that case, what drone would you recommend in their place? I don't mind having to buy another drone down the line as I progress in jobs.

I prefer to stay with those models which have built in monitors. I HATE having to pair a phone or tablet and then installing apps to make it work. I also detest the account requirement by some manufacturers. Many DJI products require an active account and login before you can fly.

Saw this on eBay.

An Autel Evo-1 would be suitable for your level of capability. You might elect to wait for the Autel Evo-2 to assure a good initial supply of batteries. If your abilities were greater with the 107 obtained and Inspire 2 could be a good choice but your needs would have to be up to what the system could provide. Bear in mind most people never make full use of all the features their drones can provide, so buy based on what you know you will use.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
I was just looking at one similar from a different seller that had a 100% but only 8 reviews. I am looking at the one you linked now, the other seller would do $1100. If I can get this one for that is that a good price?

Thanks

@PatR Thank you for the advice. I have been looking at the Evo 2 and was hoping it would be out soon, I hearded it was shipping already.

The xDynamics Evolve 2 looks awesome and would be something I would eventually get as I improve and have the need.

I would echo much of what has been said. A Plus if you can find one is very capable with a great camera, but spares are almost non existent. Though I can still get batteries locally if I need them but possibly not for long. To me, the H Plus (minus all the things Yuneec could have/should have added - but I won't go there right now) ;) is certainly as capable as an inspire with slightly less cost. From the camera standpoint, it's at, or near the top of the heap at this price point. . . .still.

If the camera imagery is important, the market breaks down like this; most consumer drones are at, or under, 1500.00 dollars and utilize a 1/2 inch sensor that produces a 12 mega-pixel image as well as 4K video and they can look pretty good. Examples include the older Typhoon H and most of the other commercial drones under 1500 bucks and even the new Autel Evo2 8K. In the case of Autel they are using some kind of pixel division to arrive at the 48 mega pixel number but the picture is not a whole lot better (if at all) than others with this size sensor.

The next jump occurs when you move to a 1" sensor and examples of this are the HPlus, H520, H3 and DJI P4P and M2P and the as yet unreleased Autel Evo 2 Pro 6K.

I will be clear though, a 1/2" 12 megapixel camera shooting raw images for real estate can get the job done - no question. I did this with a standard H for over two years before getting the Plus. However the bigger sensor does produce better imagery (both photo and video) and I think when looking at getting a system to do work, this is one area where I would look at all the pros and cons and this would be where I would make my first decision. Do I need a one inch sensor or can I get the job done with less?

Each brand comes with it's own set of problems and/or limitations and as a consumer we need to look at our needs and wants and see how each fits in to this. My advice would be to start with a proven system at a relatively low entry cost and build your skill sets; both in flying and in imagery while your building your business. A year or two goes by fast and when you begin to see the deficiencies of your current cameras (both air and ground) move up and elevate your game.

@Chad80,

Regarding some of your planned "for hire" ideas... one thing to confirm before selling, let alone performing anything claiming to be "inspection"... is whether or not any locale requires certification and/or licensing in the field for which you are claiming to inspect.

At least a couple years ago, someone posted about this very item, stating some were getting in trouble claiming to perform things like roof inspections, without being certified to actually deliver inspection reports. It is one thing to offer images of a roof, but it is much more involved to delivery an inspection report, relying on the images captured, and knowing what to look for.

Something to keep in mind.

Good luck with your adventures!

Jeff

Last edited:
@NorWiscPilot Thank you very much for your input. I agree with what you said about people perhaps not having the correct information, before I get into any inspections I would make sure I have all necessary permits, certificates, etc. Real Estate is what I will stay with at least for the beginning anyway, since I don't need any other certificates or licenses for that aside from my Part 107.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
An Autel Evo-1 would be suitable for your level of capability. You might elect to wait for the Autel Evo-2 to assure a good initial supply of batteries. If your abilities were greater with the 107 obtained and Inspire 2 could be a good choice but your needs would have to be up to what the system could provide. Bear in mind most people never make full use of all the features their drones can provide, so buy based on what you know you will use.

Autel Evo is a good
Choice
Keith

Based upon your targeted market, you really don’t need anything that shoots above 1080p. If you’ve ever reviewed how real estate publishes pictures you will have noted that with only the higher end properties as an exception, the published images are vastly downgraded from the originals. Their publications are low dpi and wash out color.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
@Steve Carr I went ahead and purchased the Typhoon H Plus from the site.

I have a controller, 3 batteries and the charger for a Phantom 3 Pro. The batteries have between 60-80 charges, is it worth selling any of this?

@Steve Carr I went ahead and purchased the Typhoon H Plus from the site.

I have a controller, 3 batteries and the charger for a Phantom 3 Pro. The batteries have between 60-80 charges, is it worth selling any of this?

Welcome to the club. Before you do ANYTHING to that Plus - charge the batteries turn everything on (no flight) and make sure everything works. My advice is that if it does - don't update, it's likely there have been no updates since is was made anyway.

The biggest thing I would suggest is get to know that system inside and out, don't rush into the air unless you know what to expect. I assume your an experienced pilot so flight operations will be fine once you get used to the different interface and controls. One big difference coming to Yuneec from DJI, some of the flight modes are slightly different, so read up on any modes fully before using them - especially 'SMART' mode - its not, well on the Plus it is a little smarter;) but it's basically for newbs so if you want to use it get your head wrapped around it first.

There are a lot of great 'stikies' in the H Plus sections, spend a few evenings just scanning those topics so if you have a question you know where to find the answer. There is a user contributed manual, that you should find in the stikies - it is the Yuneec manual but with all of things we have found and added over the last 20 months.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace