Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Need help with st10 update

Reaction score
Discussion

Hello all,I am having problems loading new firmware in RADIO(st10+v01b30c) have tried zip file and have tried unzipping file to sd card 8gb with same results. st10 says NO ZIP FILE FOUND..........I accidentally did a factory reset before all that happened and radio wouldnot connect after that is when I attempted firmware updates,all went well for drone but need help with radio....Thankyou

Reactions: hiflyer1
Discussion

Hello all,I am having problems loading new firmware in RADIO(st10+v01b30c) have tried zip file and have tried unzipping file to sd card 8gb with same results. st10 says NO ZIP FILE FOUND..........I accidentally did a factory reset before all that happened and radio wouldnot connect after that is when I attempted firmware updates,all went well for drone but need help with radio....Thankyou
What gimbal or camera are U using? Had the same problem
and not corrected yet but have major problem with the drone.
Gud Luck, be watching post and see if some one has some answers. I've watched many videos but have same error message.
hyflyer1/EdK

Discussion

You should use the file as is without unzipping it. Format the sd card as FAT32 and then copy the file to the card. Install the card and try again.
Don't use Internet Explorer to download the file. You need to use Chrome or Foxfire.

If you still can't get it to work, turn on the ST10, connect it to your pc using the USB charging cable that came with it. You should see it connect to your pc when it's plugged in after a minute or so. Then copy the file to the root of the ST16. Then try the update again and it should find the file. I would add if the ST16 is already up to date then it will not do the firmware update.

You should use the file as is without unzipping it. Format the sd card as FAT32 and then copy the file to the card. Install the card and try again.
Don't use Internet Explorer to download the file. You need to use Chrome or Foxfire.

If you still can't get it to work, turn on the ST10, connect it to your pc using the USB charging cable that came with it. You should see it connect to your pc when it's plugged in after a minute or so. Then copy the file to the root of the ST16. Then try the update again and it should find the file. I would add if the ST16 is already up to date then it will not do the firmware update.
GM, been using Explorer and have Chrome, will try. let you know. many thanks
hyfler1/EdK

Thanks for help,However I am using Chrome and I did format sd to 32 format also I did try both a zip file then deleting zip then unzipping ,had same results with both,st10 displays, when attempting upgrade ( no zip file found ) concerning if st10 is already up to date,as I indicated I did update file to drone appeared to go well also have attemped connecting st10 to drone outdoors with no luck.I will try the upgrade via usb and see what happens.Thank you all very much

Tried USB method computer indicated USB was pluged in but couldnot see st10 ,failed to see st10, waited 5 minutes,tried SD method with same results........ZIP FILE DOES NOT EXIST also called tech line ,closed on week ends

Tried USB method computer indicated USB was pluged in but couldnot see st10 ,failed to see st10, waited 5 minutes,tried SD method with same results........ZIP FILE DOES NOT EXIST also called tech line ,closed on week ends
GM and thanks for the reply. A friend told me to use Chrome or FireFox to do the upgrades. I had been using Explorer so will try that method. Thanks for the comment and good luck/safe Flying. / hyflyer1/EdK

Most times, It's not as easy as just plugging in the box to a usb connector.
Go into the hidden menu and locate "Developer options ".
Check the box "USB debugging" and windows will now see the box and SD card and you can proceed with the update.
Unzip the file and you should now see four items....
A folder named "Firmware,RF and Tx" and a zip file called "Update".
Copy all three folders and file to the formatted sd card. (Note... the RF file will be empty. This is normal as there is no update for the frequencies.)
In the box go to "About Flight Mode Control" and then locate "Radio Control Update", Locate the TX file on the card and then click "Update transmitter."
Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Jafo

Jafo,Finally got P C to reconize st10,but when I opened the st10+vo1b30c zip I only had 2 folders one was firmware,and one was a zip.....I finally got the 2 files on the SD formatted 32 card,went to system update and all went well but when I went to radio update..the the st10plus_tx_b32.bin,file was there I selected it and choose update Tx,,,it started loading and then it stoped,a message came up failure/timed out...??????,tried 3 times with same results..can tell no changes in st10.perhaps I missed somthing???????Any IDEAS? THANKYOU

The box was looking for the file but didn't find it.Hence the "timeout message".
Try pulling the update from the "Firmware and TX" folder and load them straight to the card.
Try to make the file as visible as possible to the box.
Your very close now and you'll get it. Just keep at it.

Hello Jafo. hyflyer hr. I've done a good share of flying and building and yuneec is new to me. I've paid my dues to speak with some very frustrating problems. Finally have it all figured out of think for my problems, I do. hi hi
There are a good number of videos that tell you how to do this S10+ up date. I was in Explorer. Won't work. Chrome is only way to go and Steve Carr mentions FireFox and I believe he is right. Steve also posted some very good videos on the Transmitter and camera, GoPO3+. you may want to contact Steve Carr and have him post the videos for U. Patience is the name of the game my friend. There is a file with a black arrow on it. Get that file to your SD card and your Transmitter should recognize it! Also, have a fairly good recharged battery in the transmitter. helps. Downloading the S10+ zip file, open it and see the TX file, drag that to your SD too and try it. One or the other should work. Don't give up. Not that easy, I know. You'll get it.
Gud Luck/hyflyer1/EdK
http://www.yuneec.com/downloads 'in chrome'

Hello Jafo. hyflyer hr. I've done a good share of flying and building and yuneec is new to me. I've paid my dues to speak with some very frustrating problems. Finally have it all figured out of think for my problems, I do. hi hi
There are a good number of videos that tell you how to do this S10+ up date. I was in Explorer. Won't work. Chrome is only way to go and Steve Carr mentions FireFox and I believe he is right. Steve also posted some very good videos on the Transmitter and camera, GoPO3+. you may want to contact Steve Carr and have him post the videos for U. Patience is the name of the game my friend. There is a file with a black arrow on it. Get that file to your SD card and your Transmitter should recognize it! Also, have a fairly good recharged battery in the transmitter. helps. Downloading the S10+ zip file, open it and see the TX file, drag that to your SD too and try it. One or the other should work. Don't give up. Not that easy, I know. You'll get it.
Gud Luck/hyflyer1/EdK
http://www.yuneec.com/downloads 'in chrome'
Not me brother....
I don't need help.I'm giving it.
Read the thread again.
Thanks for the input. :)
Jafo

Hey guys It is me that needs help and just so you know,I am using chrome also my last attempt mentioned in my last post I was using USB to st10+ with the SD card installed in the st10+ when my PC recognized it ,PC showed both USB to st10+ and it saw the SD card inside the st10+ also.I know I or we will figure it out and it will be a good learning experience for me and perhaps some other flyers also. Thank you all for good replys

Guys,just tried following......Downloaded fresh st10+v01b30c.zip from yuneec.com,unziped that file ,inside it was 2 folders,FIRMWARE &aZip Update then I opened the FIRMWARE folder and there was a folder=tx,I left the folder inside ( st10+v01b30c.zip ) that was labeled zip-update,,I left it zipped then droped then (2folders)....1 labeled tx and 1 labeled zip update into my formatted sd,placed the sd in my st10+ and the update whent perfect,,,BUT when I turned on the q500+ drone and the st10+ receiver = nothing, the st10+ isnot reconizing the drone and the camera (cg02+) wouldnot bind....Thinking of starting all over with the knowledge learned here and reloading firmware in both the st10+ and the q500+ drone. Thanks

sakrd, U now have what happened to me and what a nite
mare! Not to scare U. Suggestion, turn the craft on. look as close as you can on the underside of the left bottom. If you flip the craft over, on the right bottom. see if you can see an orange lite on in there. If not. you will have to take the cover off and hit the button on the receiver to get it to bind with the transmitter. Then you can go to the GUI page and check all over and make sure all is working. GPs, Compass, etc. Something happened to my craft and it took out the GPS. I don't want to scare U but hopefully others will reply and help U, perhaps there is easier way to rebind the receiver. I'd call CA and ask them too and see what they say. They are closed on the weekend. I think I spent two weeks of total frustration before I found out all what went hay wire. My main board got smoked on two chips. I don't know what caused it, if over heated or not at the time. When I got it apart, on hot red wire on split and laying on top of the chip closest to the outside of the main board and I think that's what happened. Keep me posted. Hope you have better luck than I did. I had to order a GPS unit but thanks to Steve Carr, sent me ad for cheaper parts, a lot cheaper.
Gud Luck/hyflyer1/EdK

saksrd,
Your GPS has nothing to do with your problem.Nor does anything in the drone at this point.
I have no idea about any "Button " you need to press on your Q to get it to bind.Perhaps he's thinking of some other model.
Anyway....
Anytime you shut the box off and reconnect to the usb port you will need to go back into the menu and check "USB Debugging" again to have windows see the box.
To bind your Q to the box, start your Q and let it initialize.Once started, tilt the drone forward to 45 degrees two times. Now look for the orange led on the bottom of the drone indicating the drone is in bind mod. Now go into the box menu and bind the drone.Listen for the drone to beep indicating it's bound and restart all.
We'll get to the camera later. Get the drone to bind first.

saksrd,
Your GPS has nothing to do with your problem.Nor does anything in the drone at this point.
I have no idea about any "Button " you need to press on your Q to get it to bind.Perhaps he's thinking of some other model.
Anyway....
Anytime you shut the box off and reconnect to the usb port you will need to go back into the menu and check "USB Debugging" again to have windows see the box.
To bind your Q to the box, start your Q and let it initialize.Once started, tilt the drone forward to 45 degrees two times. Now look for the orange led on the bottom of the drone indicating the drone is in bind mod. Now go into the box menu and bind the drone.Listen for the drone to beep indicating it's bound and restart all.
We'll get to the camera later. Get the drone to bind first.
GA Jafo. I had to replace the board in my unit and that's why I had to hit the button the receiver inside the unit. Don't know of any other way to do it. This was earlier model and sure they have updated since.
Very Good comment. reading and learning too.
Tnx/hyflyer/EdK

hyflyer1 , Thankyou for responding however I had just bought 500+ from a friend ,it flew perfectly but camera would not work so not knowing what to do I performed a factory reset .That was when problems started,st10+ was not seeing drone so that was when I started to try a firmeware update on both, the drone(that went well) but had problems when updating st10+ but last attempt to update st10+ went well,but when I tried them ( drone &st10+) togather either drone was not responding correctly or st10+ was not,I think perhaps it is the st10+ because there is no indication that the st10+ is even looking for drone. THANKYOU. P. S. I will look for light anyway

Jafo, just got Q apparently to bind to box and restarted both however after restart I hove screen displaying RC completed& Video wifi connecting display staying on constant, have 2 lights blinking above start switch ,wifi & light to right also camera light on Q is blinking also Q won't start but when I press red button to start Q gives off a chime sound. Thank You Very Much

Reactions: hiflyer1
Jafo, just got Q apparently to bind to box and restarted both however after restart I hove screen displaying RC completed& Video wifi connecting display staying on constant, have 2 lights blinking above start switch ,wifi & light to right also camera light on Q is blinking also Q won't start but when I press red button to start Q gives off a chime sound. Thank You Very Much
Great Going and what a good feeling knowing you and I learned something new too. Hope it stays running trouble free for a very long time.
Good Flying and Safe too. I was just out here about half hour ago and temp still in the low 60s but little wind.
ltr/hyflyer1/EdK Tnx fo the post.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval