Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Need some crash input

Reaction score
I uploaded 4 videos to u tube. I could use help on determining if I should contact Yuneec for repair

Htts://youtu.be/Xp8Sae3SoB

Two videos involve crash, two just showing how well things were going.

Did any warning messages come up on Breeze Cam?

What mode were you flying in?

It acted like a prop collided with something or the emergency stop was activated when it crashed.

The flip on takeoff was like a motor was stalled causing the flip.

Refer to this thread Guide to Analyzing Breeze Cam FlightLogs - Your Data is Needed and download the Guide from my Google Drive to access your FlightLog files. Then upload here by using the Attach files button after adding .txt to the end of the log files.

While showing what happened, the video files provide no information as to why it happened.

I’ll second that motion!!! I’ve seen some goofy stuff with my Breeze and trees.

All good questions, if you watch other videos. Flying perfect, all rotors were good.
The flip video, I just righted it and took off. Then flying at knee height, stopped it, 180 degree turn. Then it literally flung itself into a rock and shatter the body20180922_202507.jpeg20180922_202448.jpeg

Pilot error!
Here's what I noticed when watching your video.
As you were having the drone pass beside you in flight, you would turn opposite direction from the drone.
When flying you should turn in the direction of the drone, always, always keeping it in view. FAA rule!
I think you thought you had this mastered and, well it bit you!
Not trying to be brash here, just being honest. I use to fly single and twin (Cessna 310 one lovely bird).
So it's paramount to always pay attention.

Last edited:
Are you saying the flip occurred before the knee high flight that the Breeze dove into the ground? I ask because a flip on takeoff is indicative of a motor not turning properly or bad ESC for that motor (would have been the left front). That appeared to be the point that the crash after the 180 turn impacted at.

That could be it, but after 180 turn. It sped up, faster than I ever seen it move and slammed into one of those rocks. So now, the USB port is bent, I'm not sure I should even try powering it on. Log files are there for those times but I try uploading to CS, I get a message "flight logs null"

Pilot error!
Here's what I noticed when watching your video.
As you were having the drone pass beside you in flight, you would turn opposite direction from the drone.
When flying you should turn in the direction of the drone, always, always keeping it in view. FAA rule!
I think you thought you had this mastered and, well it bit you!
Not trying to be brash here, just being honest. I use to fly single and twin (Cessna 310 one lovely bird).
So it's paramount to always pay attention.
What are you a pilot or something.... No you are right, but that is not what happened here. With the flip, I just flipped it back over and took off. Then landed replaced battery, flew 30ft@ 1 meter AGL, stopped took a Pic, turned it back toward me and I swear it had a saturn5 rocket strapped to it, and went straight for that rock.

You can’t retrieve the flight logs from Breeze Cam app. You need to follow the directions given in the guide from your he link I posted above. They are slightly different for iOS and Android.

If the crash occurred after the flip, it was because there was a problem with the front left motor. The speed up was due to the Breeze trying to regain positional integrity with a stalled motor. That is the reason hex copters were developed.

You can’t retrieve the flight logs from Breeze Cam app. You need to follow the directions given in the guide from your he link I posted above. They are slightly different for iOS and Android.

If the crash occurred after the flip, it was because there was a problem with the front left motor. The speed up was due to the Breeze trying to regain positional integrity with a stalled motor. That is the reason hex copters were developed.

Attachments

• Cam app[1607].jpg
    Cam app[1607].jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 9
Yuneec CS, replied to my RA request within 20 mins. this morning. I ship it tomorrow.

Does Yuneec , explain what they did during the repair or is it some kind of secret.....shhhhhhh

If you are paying, they have to give you a detailed estimate which should explain the parts that have to be replaced and labor costs (like taking your car to the dealership for repair). If it is done under warranty they won’t say much, especially the root cause of the crash.

I can already tell you that if you have actual in air telemetry using the Bluetooth controller, you are the first I know of. All the more reason I would like to analyze the FlightLog files.

That Send to Customer Support button in Breeze Cam doesn’t work anymore. The server site it links to is defunct. Hence the error message you get when you activate it.

Yeah, I tried unless you know a back door.
The micro USB connector is smashed. I scrubbed my phone looking for the logs for that day. They are just not anywhere, just ones from my last breeze. When I got the 2nd one, I Uninstalled everything relating to breeze Sr., restarted phone then installed breeze Jr. I have logs from breeze Jr. But not for that day the 22nd, but yet the cam app does show 5 entries for the 22nd, but all Attempts to look at or save the message Flight logs null "

Are you using an iOS or Android phone?

Use the instructions for Android contained in the attached guide.

@airborne recommends the following to make the transfer:
“The app My Phone Explorer consists of two parts: One goes to any Android phone the second part has to be installed on the windows machine. So yes, it is in Google playstore for free and suits most Android flavours.
Once the file is on Windows it can be copied, moved and edited without restricitions. So the truncation must happen when windows File Explorer does the handling. Windows is known to handle CR/LF sequences in a peculiar way sometimes.”

This should help Todd.

Attachments

• Guide to Analyzing Breeze Cam FlightLogs.pdf
    126.4 KB · Views: 3

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aimal khan