Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New 920+ CGO-4 Questions

Reaction score
So after unboxing my new 920+ last night, I charged up the ProAction mount and tried the camera. After a few tries where it wouldn't complete the initialization, I realized that the gimbal was momentarily hitting the cable and moving the connector a bit, just enough to reset the initialization every time it rotated a bit, so it never finished, just kept gyrating back and forth to the right. After I repositioned the cable away from the top gimbal, it finished the initialization, and got the camera to work.

Question: In the CGO-4 manual it says not to use a micro SD card with an adapter, only use a full size U3 SD card - Is there a reason for this? Has anyone tried using an adapter? I have lots of U3 128gb micro SD cards with adapters, but no U3 full size SD cards.

Question: In the attached photo it shows 4 long rubber dampers and dowels that came in a bag, and an instruction leaflet showing how to install it, which doesn't make sense as the gimbal plate and mount was fully assembled - is this a throwback from the original 920? Also, the instruction cards said Tornado 920 not 920 Plus.

Attachments

• Gimbal Mount.png
    Gimbal Mount.png
    1 MB · Views: 28
Last edited:
I asked a question about that sd card. My 920 plus both came with a micro sd card in an adapter installed in the camera. I have been advised to only use a full size card. Also note there is a TF slot in the camera also but no one has been able to tell me what it is for. The suggestions were that it is for cameras upgrades

Did you ask Yuneec? or here? What about the extra gimbal damper rubbers - did yours come with them?
I asked on here and two owners of 920+ replied regarding the full size sd card in the cgo4. My 920 had the mounting plate installed when i received it. I installed the mounting plate on the first 920+ and there were extra gimbal dampers in the case the camera came in. Have not used the pro activ yet nor have I opened the second 920+.

What is a “TF” slot? Sorry, but I i need words to explain the abbreviation.

If you try using a micro card snd adaptor you won’t record anything or the video will stop after only a few seconds. The CGO-4 is founded on the Panasonic Lumix GH-4, and like most DSLR’s it employs a standard sized SD card. Obtaining the CGO-4 just moved you up from the converted security camera league.

The bag of dampers are spares, save them for a rainy day. The thumb screws are used to fix the gimbal to the aircraft. They need to be as tight as your fingers (no tools) can get them. Same applies to the boom lock rings. The cable routing can also interfere with movement on the aircraft so a little care is necessary during installation.

On the bottom of the CGO-4 camera there is a small rubber covered slot called a "TF" slot - appears to be a micro SD slot for program updates (says manual) I think in China they call a microSD card "TF".

Attachments

• IMG_1849.JPG
    IMG_1849.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1850.JPG
    IMG_1850.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 13
What is a “TF” slot? Sorry, but I i need words to explain the abbreviation.

If you try using a micro card snd adaptor you won’t record anything or the video will stop after only a few seconds. The CGO-4 is founded on the Panasonic Lumix GH-4, and like most DSLR’s it employs a standard sized SD card. Obtaining the CGO-4 just moved you up from the converted security camera league.

The bag of dampers are spares, save them for a rainy day. The thumb screws are used to fix the gimbal to the aircraft. They need to be as tight as your fingers (no tools) can get them. Same applies to the boom lock rings. The cable routing can also interfere with movement on the aircraft so a little care is necessary during installation.
Thanks Pat. The TF card slot (trans flash) is similar to the micro sd card and apparently are interchangeable. It is located on the camera body of the cg04 camera and one is present also on my V18.

Thanks for the TF definition. That slot is not for a card.

Buy the fastest write speed card you can find. They cost more but the end results are worth it. There’s a lot of data going to that card. Way more than with an H.

Reactions: Docdor

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval