Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Breeze Optical Flow sensor orange

Reaction score
My Breeze is new, but will not let me start the motors. I'm in non GPS mode, and the OFS stays orange. It does not matter what kind of surface I am on. If I pick up the drone about 8 inches, then it will go blue. I was inside my house. Does anyone know how I can fix this behavior.
Thank s Dave
Arizona

The behaviour of the OFS seems to be quite normal - orange on ground, blue a few inches up. Whith the GPS off only "pilot mode" and "controller mode" are available. Have you checked this?

It’s because not enough light is present. Shine a flashlight under it and watch it go blue.

Don't be a sucker!
Walmart now has the Breeze on sale for $200. Well that's just fine, I paid $500 for mine when it was new and battled bad design, poor software, and nearly nonexistent instructions and now I see that this piece of Chinese produced junk is only wort 40% of what I paid for it and that is probably overpriced. I also see that Typhoon's are now selling for less that half their original cost. To this I say to Yuneec that you can fly your drones up where the sun don't shine and I hope that your worthless Canadian BUTTS end up in the welfare line.

My Breeze is new, but will not let me start the motors. I'm in non GPS mode, and the OFS stays orange. It does not matter what kind of surface I am on. If I pick up the drone about 8 inches, then it will go blue. I was inside my house. Does anyone know how I can fix this behavior.
Thank s Dave
Arizona
You may want to compare to see if the physical elements look OK.
The photos are of a working Breeze.

Attachments

• Breeze1.jpg
    Breeze1.jpg
    465.3 KB · Views: 28
  • Breeze2.jpg
    Breeze2.jpg
    472.9 KB · Views: 23
Try to put a white sheet of paper - that kind you use in printers - under the Breeze and take off! The floor of my house is dark granite and the only way to use the breeze indoors is this.

Don't be a sucker!
Walmart now has the Breeze on sale for $200. Well that's just fine, I paid $500 for mine when it was new and battled bad design, poor software, and nearly nonexistent instructions and now I see that this piece of Chinese produced junk is only wort 40% of what I paid for it and that is probably overpriced. I also see that Typhoon's are now selling for less that half their original cost. To this I say to Yuneec that you can fly your drones up where the sun don't shine and I hope that your worthless Canadian BUTTS end up in the welfare line.
Let's not target any country in the discussion. Keep in mind that DJI is designed and manufactured in China as well. I understand your frustration - a huge price drop is for sure a horrible marketing decision. I honestly think the guys in their marketing department need to be fired asap. I, however, own two Breezes, both were bought at $199 - one has two batteries w/o controller and the other has one battery w/ controller. The price sounds pretty reasonable to me. The picture quality is not bad, though not comparable to my iPhone 6S. The battery life kinda sucks. With the controller, it is pretty easy to fly this little guy. oh btw, its range is also not impressive but I guess it was designed to do selfies so I can't complain too much.

This drone certainly has been overpriced for quite a while and they probably realized the marketing failures so they lowered the price. This kinda sucks for people, like you, who paid significant higher price for the same thing.

Last edited:
Don't be a sucker!
I bought my Breeze during the sale. I do agree it's still over priced. I also have a mavic pro,babd a hubsan H501s advanced. The breeze is ok for a as a follow me and taking a few pics.

You may want to compare to see if the physical elements look OK.
The photos are of a working Breeze.
Sensors are fine, just won't go blue inlesd I pick it up a few inches. Tried white paper, light and everything I could think of. It flies fine in GPS mode. Might need to wait for new firmware.

I bought my Breeze during the sale. I do agree it's still over priced. I also have a mavic pro,babd a hubsan H501s advanced. The breeze is ok for a as a follow me and taking a few pics.

Yup

Sensors are fine, just won't go blue inlesd I pick it up a few inches. Tried white paper, light and everything I could think of. It flies fine in GPS mode. Might need to wait for new firmware.
Some manufacturing tolerance might cause your drone to act that way. While waiting for firmware, you may want to extend the legs with boba straws so the drone would stand taller, and you won't need to pick it up by hand every time to start.
Click here to see how to extend the legs:
Buy a drink, get free leg extensions for Breeze.

Don't be a sucker!

wow, what rage. Like most of high tech gadgets people do pay more for earlier releases to gain brag rights. Even for regular goods, vendors decide to sell off their inventories at much lower prices than originals all the time.
Any you didn't notice almost all drones are produced in China. The last, Yuneec is NOT a Canadian company, their headquarter is in California and their address has "Ontario" in it which fooled you.
All I'm trying to say is that enjoy the drone and get most out of it.

There is obviously a problem with the IR sensor on these Breeze quads; I can not get the Breeze far enough off the ground to continue a flight outside and I can't fly it indoors at all! Why should we have to put 'straw legs' on a new drone; that is stupid!
Someone with Yuneec knows the fix, if there is one. So if i don't find a fix in a few days I'll have to return it and find another drone maker; not good for business.
Yuneec don't you recognize this problem; there are lots of posts about it?

There is obviously a problem with the IR sensor on these Breeze quads; I can not get the Breeze far enough off the ground to continue a flight outside and I can't fly it indoors at all! Why should we have to put 'straw legs' on a new drone; that is stupid!
Someone with Yuneec knows the fix, if there is one. So if i don't find a fix in a few days I'll have to return it and find another drone maker; not good for business.
Yuneec don't you recognize this problem; there are lots of posts about it?
The optical flow sensors of both my Breezes will give "orange" warning.
Doesn't bother me because both of them take of with and without GPS mode. Only luck or is it supposed to do so?

I ended up taking my first Breeze back, figured it was just a lemon, the replacement fly's great! Looking forward to more fight time tomorrow, some Breezes are just not right.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval