Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Breeze owner with a story and some questions.

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was trying to hook up the controller with no success. Couldn't establish a blue tooth connection so I gave up and flew it with my phone. Somehow I got out of the app and it started drifting and I panicked and it flew into a small tree. It wound up falling about 4 feet onto my sidewalk and the bottom panel popped off which easily snapped back on. Then I noticed this piece sitting there. Anybody have any idea where it goes?

20180803_195455.jpg

Hey guys,

Ok so upon further investigation I figured it out. Its the inner panel of one of the landing gear legs. Thank god. Anybody still having problems connecting to the controller? My phone says connected but the app has a controller symbol with a question mark on it in the lower right hand side. I tap it and it says no connection established.

Last edited:
What make and model is your phone?

Look at your Breeze if there's a panel missing then that's where it goes. If nothing is missing then it cam from another breeze that this tree attacked. :eek:

Yes, power on the controller by pressing Power+A simultaneously to place it in Android mode.

You should see the left most LED under the sticks illuminate.

Use Breeze Cam in the Controller Task to initiate the Bluetooth connection.

Yes, power on the controller by pressing Power+A simultaneously to place it in Android mode.

You should see the left most LED under the sticks illuminate.

Use Breeze Cam in the Controller Task to initiate the Bluetooth connection.

Ok thanks. Using the controller do you lose all autonomous functions?

That is correct. Controller mode is like Pilot mode, but using real joysticks in place of the virtual sticks on a touch screen.

Hey guys,

I was trying to hook up the controller with no success. Couldn't establish a blue tooth connection so I gave up and flew it with my phone. Somehow I got out of the app and it started drifting and I panicked and it flew into a small tree. It wound up falling about 4 feet onto my sidewalk and the bottom panel popped off which easily snapped back on. Then I noticed this piece sitting there. Anybody have any idea where it goes?

View attachment 10681

Isn’t that of the landing gear? Unfold all 4 and see which one is missing..

Hey guys,

View attachment 10681
Hey guys,

View attachment 10681
That’s the cover for the landing gear.also covers the WiFi antennas.

Yeah thanks it snapped right back in.Do we have gps control when using the controller? Still can't figure out how I crashed it.

Yeah thanks it snapped right back in.Do we have gps control when using the controller? Still can't figure out how I crashed it.
You can either have GPS if it is enabled or be in indoor mode.

Fun note, a lot of the other modes have manual control elements to position the drone, which unfortunately the controller doesn't seem to work in (for me anyway on orbit).

When first enter the Tasks screen you will find the GPS enable/disable switch on the upper left (looks like a satellite).

In Pilot or Controller Task modes you can fly with GPS enabled or disabled. Even with it enabled you can have control issues flying near buildings, metal objects, reinforced concrete, or under tree canopies. GPS signals can be reflected off buildings, degraded under foliage, and the compass can be influenced near metal or magnetic fields. The GPS makes for easier piloting most of the time, but cannot replace the pilot.

Selfie, Orbit, Journey, and FollowMe modes must have GPS enabled and enough satellites tracked to even be enabled for use.

Had a couple of nice flights today using my phone. I guess because I'm a noob I prefer using my phone over the controller. I like the joiurney mode and I figured out how to use the follow me mode which works excellent. I took a bunch of pictures and videos today and seen nothing was saved to the internal memory and panicked because I'm taking it on vacation next week to florida. I formatted the memory and took it back out and took a bunch of pictures and videos and everything saved fine thank god.Anybody else had this problem?

Only if the internal memory is full. The amount of memory left open is always displayed on the upper right of the screen below the Status icons while you are in a flight mode.

Sounds like a glitch.

Yeah wierd. Hope it works fine on vacation next week. I want to get some good beach footage.

Yeah wierd. Hope it works fine on vacation next week. I want to get some good beach footage.

Be careful where you fly there. All State Parks are NFZ by state law, in addition to any National Parks. There are also many wildlife refuges that are also off limits.

Flying on and near beaches you have to be extra vigilant for helicopter traffic. They are used a lot for Coast Guard, law enforcement, and tourist charters. They can legally fly lower than fixed wing aircraft and they do a lot of it along the beaches.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval