Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Drone Firmware Realeased for the H!!

Reaction score
Released today 9/26/16 anyone try it?

DESCRIPTION
  • Improves compass performance and aircraft stability when temperature is high.
  • Improves camera stability.

Very very interesting they mention compass performance and temperature.

I had mentioned a while back that I thought It might be a heat issue. Wow.

This is very interesting. I would not doubt that excessive heat is causing some of these compass problems. Not quite sure how a firmware update can fix a temperature related problem.

Reactions: DV4K
I agree. I can see if there was a fan in the unit somewhere where the firmware can call for faster speed. I dunno. I sometimes think I hear a fan type noise coming from the CGO3+ when I power the H on.

I agree. I can see if there was a fan in the unit somewhere where the firmware can call for faster speed. I dunno. I sometimes think I hear a fan type noise coming from the CGO3+ when I power the H on.

Theres definitely a fan in the camera.

Reactions: abinder
No word from David Wilson as of yet...I hope his H is okay and has good news to report.

Last firmware(TyphoonH_Ver2.24_A) I did updated on TH, I noticed the battery was getting very hot. My battery tray shape started to get a bubbling effect. I hope this new firmware will fix this temperature problem.

Attachments

• 20160916_170900.jpg
    20160916_170900.jpg
    926.2 KB · Views: 55
Installed, test flight, fixed my drift! But Gimbal calibration is odd now camera doesn't end up straight! That's why I sent my other camera in, and have since figured out how to deal with it -- So Some good som bad (maybe could be a rebind issue or something but the flight and hover RTH , landing gear up down - flawless :)

I'm still using an old firmware, I think from July without problem. I just keep waiting for you guys to do all the testing. I have not felt good about any other the releases yet. So again I'm waiting to see.

Reactions: Kahuken
Just completed first full flight in today's Florida heat. Everything seems fine except I noticed my light now stays a solid purple for 3 seconds then a quick white blink. Before it was two purple blinks then a white. One thing I did notice, and it may just be a coincidence, is my top speed is 26.6 mph. Before I could always hit 30-31 mph with gps on. Even down wind it stopped at 26.6 mph. Non gps flight seemed as quick as always (55+ mph downwind). This update did not correct my gimbal problem that popped up immediately after the last update (freezing while pointing straight up and 3 beeps that won't stop) so I'm headed to UPS to ship it off. I'll do a few more flights this afternoon and see how she behaves.

Fixing heat issues will result in performance reductions like what happened with phantoms I'm guessing. If there were features added I'd be tempted to update but I'm not having issues so I'll pass on this one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval