Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New firmware for typhoon h?

Reaction score
Hello all. Havent flown my bird in awhile. But i got it up in the air and i noticed it was acting a little funny (not a dji style firmware crash) but i noticed it was swaying a little from side to side. Just wondering if yuneec released a new firmware update for the H480 or not as i know electronics act funny when they need to be updated.

Old firmware does not suddenly start behaving differently. It’s digital code that doesn’t change until something else over writes it. You don’t have to put a tinfoil hat on Yuneec stuff. Unlike DJI they don’t send out firmware that downloads when you turn the system on. Look to your compass and accelerometer calibrations and give the GPS time to learn where it is again.

Yeah ill start there. I have a DJI mavic and holy $h1T is it ever unreliable. Gimbal issues left right and centre. Gonna probably sell it and buy an Autel EVO or a Mantis Q, any experience with either of em good or bad?

Go through everything and like others say give it time to find itself, it really is a great copter.

If you haven't flown in a while you also want to let the H sit on the ground without props running for 13-15 minutes so that it can populate the GPS almanac (satellite data).

Last edited:
Reactions: Phaedrus
Go through everything and like others say give it time to find itself, it really is a great copter.
Of course. Bought it new in 2016. Never had a single problem with it. Id rather it connect slow and be reliable, than connect fast and crap out on me.

Of course. Bought it new in 2016. Never had a single problem with it. Id rather it connect slow and be reliable, than connect fast and crap out on me.
If your in US, your copter will connect quicker than EU version, from what I've seen and heard from people. Digital frequency selection.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss