Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Guy Here...

Reaction score
So as of 2019 I have the opportunity to purchase a typhoon h with 6 batteries used less than 3 or 4 times.... comes with hard case and looks brand new for 750$. This is not the pro with real sense. Is this a good purchase comparable to other models? I am like a lot about the typhoon H but have found a few issues that people have made videos about (fly aways mostly). and I know that this is with all drones, but for the money it seems incredibly worth it. Id like to here opinions from people that actually own them. Thank yall for the support.

Id like to here opinions from people that actually own them.
That is a good deal. The H is the best deal on the market. Absolutely. Most of the problems, as with all models, is with the person running the controls. As long as you take the time to learn the system and proper procedures you will have a great time.

Yep, many of the fly aways have been user induced, often by incorrectly performing a firmware update. There have been some GPS/compass conflict induced fly aways but Yuneec has not been alone in that.

Like anything else, learn how it all works and you’ll enjoy it immensely.

Last edited:
So as of 2019 I have the opportunity to purchase a typhoon h with 6 batteries used less than 3 or 4 times.... comes with hard case and looks brand new for 750$. This is not the pro with real sense. Is this a good purchase comparable to other models? I am like a lot about the typhoon H but have found a few issues that people have made videos about (fly aways mostly). and I know that this is with all drones, but for the money it seems incredibly worth it. Id like to here opinions from people that actually own them. Thank yall for the support.

Here is a manual for the H, you should read it in its entirety.

Attachments

• TYPHOON H USER MANUAL Vcho3-1.pdf
    4.5 MB · Views: 5
Reactions: Jal7884 and DCH
Thank y’all. This is the info I needed. The small remote that you can get is that coming with the basic model or with the real sense only model

The Wizard comes with the Pro version.
Yeah I got confused on all of that.... the pro comes with the wizard, but doesn't have RS? Let me ask you this one. I am purchasing one without RS, can I still use the wizard if I bought one? They are only like 40-50$ which isn't bad at all.

Yeah I got confused on all of that.... the pro comes with the wizard, but doesn't have RS? Let me ask you this one. I am purchasing one without RS, can I still use the wizard if I bought one? They are only like 40-50$ which isn't bad at all.

The Pro does have Real Sense but only in a forward direction.

Yes you can use Wizard. The standard has just forward sensing avoidance, the models slightly vary from country to country, in US I believe it's the Pro but has realisense module, UK and Europe I gather, the Pro refers to both.

The only advantage that I can see with having RealSense is that in Follow Me mode the drone will navigate around an obstacle instead of just stopping.

Used 3 or 4 times and comes with 6 batteries? That calls for some explanation. I think a backpack can really be a plus but don't know what a hard case is.

The backpack is handy for me, I walk a few miles to fly quite often, it fits nicely and is quite comfortable, I can see the attraction of a hard case for long term storage and extra protection when transporting to clients work areas.

Used 3 or 4 times and comes with 6 batteries? That calls for some explanation. I think a backpack can really be a plus but don't know what a hard case is.

It’s a hard case back pack and he is having kidney transplant and has been sick for quite some time. Met him in person, it’s true

As this is likely being sold without any enforceable guarantee I recommend that you check things out thoroughly. As a minimum make sure it hovers properly and the compass, accelerometer and gimbals calibrate properly. A short video would be informative. I would feel comfortable knowing what's up with the 6 batteries. A quick and dirty check would be to plug each battery into the charger and see if you get the flashing red LED indicating it's charging. Good luck

As this is likely being sold without any enforceable guarantee I recommend that you check things out thoroughly. As a minimum make sure it hovers properly and the compass, accelerometer and gimbals calibrate properly. A short video would be informative. I would feel comfortable knowing what's up with the 6 batteries. A quick and dirty check would be to plug each battery into the charger and see if you get the flashing red LED indicating it's charging. Good luck

Thanks! That’s the plan! I think I am getting a **** good deal!

I think it's very likely that it is a good deal. I was hoping I didn't come across as being too skeptical but would have felt remiss unless I expressed my concerns. A couple of hundred dollars repair cost would not make it such a good deal.
With that out of the way I think you'll be really impressed and amazed at the performance and capabilities of the Typhoon H. I know I am.

I think it's very likely that it is a good deal. I was hoping I didn't come across as being too skeptical but would have felt remiss unless I expressed my concerns. A couple of hundred dollars repair cost would not make it such a good deal.
With that out of the way I think you'll be really impressed and amazed at the performance and capabilities of the Typhoon H. I know I am.

Not at all... I’m the most skeptical person ever lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval