Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New guy here.

Reaction score
Hi My name is Cory and used to fly Giant Scale Aerobatic planes and foamies a few years back. Then I got into offroading and became hooked on riding RZRs. I wanted to be able to film myself riding down the trails or in the dunes. The typhoon H with follow me and watch me modes has very inviting features along with a top speed of 43.5 mph. Now I know my RZR will go up to 80 mph. But I dont usually ride faster than 30 to 50 mph, unless there is a nice long stretch you can hammer down to. So with that being said. I want to use the wizard to connect to the H and have it follow me and or watch me. I plan on putting a timer on the dash so I drive too long. My question is. How can I strap the Wizard to my RZR? Does the wizard always have to be pointing and free from obstacles, like the roof.
Wondering if I could just hose clamp it to the roll cage through the provided clip? I am sure the cage and the bouncing would be rough on the electronics in the wizard. I was thinking somewhere along the line of using a go pro roll bar mount to an accesory that would grab the wizard. I bought the pro edition of the typhoon h and it didnt come with the waterproof case.
If you guys have any ideas or warnings of caution. Please let me know.
Thanks,
Cory
My Rzr.
209e8d7fa4d96b58018c4acd99119668.jpg

My son flying the TyphooN H on its maiden flight.
4fa3dc197729db61329015900946af7b.jpg

Oh yah by the way the typhoon H flies really good.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Holy Moly. Cool pics, thanks.

The RZR top, not good if it's metal? You can test GPS pickup inside by using the ST16, watching the screen on the right side.

Wizards have that clip on them, as for clipping to a belt or sticking it in a shirt pocket. The top does need to be pointed up at the sky. I don't think it should be attached directly to the 4-wheeler. Too much vibration.

Bottom line: test it, taking it slow and easy awhile. Keep an eye on the drone and if it starts going astray, stop, get out and get it back under control with the Wizard. Keep the drone high enough that it will not run into trees, etc. without OA on.

Take care and good luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval