Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Here, New Typhoon H+, New Flyer

Reaction score
Hi Everyone.
My name is Jeff and I live in southern Delaware. I'm a construction manager and estimator for a fence, Railing, porch and deck company. I just had a used Typhoon h+ shipped today. I bought it in PA and my sister picked it up and shipped it. It's got 4 batteries, dual charger, filter set, and a hawk raptor antenna with the backpack case. Been flown 10 times by a guy who bought it to do a review.
I've never flown one so I'm trying to absorb all the info on here. It appears so far there are answers to any questions I've thought of. I probably won't get to fly it for a few weeks so I plan of getting familiar with the controller, the craft, the settings and the OS. I'm beyond excited. I'm an amatuer Photographer so this seemed like the right progression. I shoot with a nikon D3200. I was going to buy a 200-600mm lens. I spent a little more and have a H+ coming. I look forward to interacting with the forum and flying the drone. I'm looking into a license and am going to register it on Wednesday.
Thanks for all the info so far.

Regards
Jeff

Reactions: John Hennessy
Welcome Jeff! Wise choice on the Yuneec H Plus. I'm envious. Oh wait! I have one now too! Almost forgot because of a long string of bad weather has had me grounded most of the 1+ month I've had it (My personal WX-NFZ). You have stumbled upon a wealth of info here, although the Plus is so new, most Plus owners are still figuring out the bugs and glitches, so the limited wealth is gradually approaching a vast fortune.

The first thing I would recommend is downloading the latest revision of the user-rewritten manual. A lot of missing information has been added -by forum contributors- to help the new (and used) user better understand features and procedures that was missing in the original version issued by Yuneec.
You can find it here along with a Check List:
Typhoon_H_Plus_Manualv0.5.pdf
HPlus_Chklist_D.pdf

I'm a Nikon guy too and love the lenses, have a nice collection myself. But bang for the buck, the TH Plus was the right choice Jeff! ...And you won't regret the C23 camera they throw in with it either!;)

...Or so I've heard, if I can ever get a break in the weather I'll be able to see what everybody else is raving about...:rolleyes:

Reactions: Phaedrus
Welcome Jeff! Wise choice on the Yuneec H Plus. I'm envious. Oh wait! I have one now too! Almost forgot because of a long string of bad weather has had me grounded most of the 1+ month I've had it (My personal WX-NFZ). You have stumbled upon a wealth of info here, although the Plus is so new, most Plus owners are still figuring out the bugs and glitches, so the limited wealth is gradually approaching a vast fortune.

The first thing I would recommend is downloading the latest revision of the user-rewritten manual. A lot of missing information has been added -by forum contributors- to help the new (and used) user better understand features and procedures that was missing in the original version issued by Yuneec.
HPlus_Chklist_D.pdf

I'm a Nikon guy too and love the lenses, have a nice collection myself. But bang for the buck, the TH Plus was the right choice Jeff! ...And you won't regret the C23 camera they throw in with it either!;)

...Or so I've heard, if I can ever get a break in the weather I'll be able to see what everybody else is raving about...:rolleyes:

I just started browsing the manual Yesterday. I had already printed the checklist. I think I'll have staples print the manual and bind it for me. That way I can replace pages when people update it. I'm so glad I found this site. Thanks for the welcome.

If you go to youtube. This is my drone that's coming. I bought it the from guy from SKS video.

Yuneec Typhoon H Plus Vs. Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 Review & Compair
I haven't read all the site rules so I didn't post the link.
Jeff

Last edited:

HPlus_Chklist_D.pdf

Quit griping about the weather. Take it out, set it on a table, cover it with an umbrella, fire it up and get some pictures. Of course it might be easier to just put the Nikon on a tripod and get the same shot ;)

Reactions: DCH and Jal7884
Welcome to th
Of course it might be easier to just put the Nikon on a tripod and get the same shot ;)

What method do you use for this. Every time I put one of my Canon DSLRs on a tripod it gets all messed up when I throw it into the air. Images are not that good. Seems very unstable in flight. Terrible duration too!!

What method do you use for this. Every time I put one of my Canon DSLRs on a tripod it gets all messed up when I throw it into the air. Images are not that good. Seems very unstable in flight. Terrible duration too!!
I was having the same problem with my Nikon on the tripod until I developed the right technique. You aren't giving the tripod enough spin when you launch it. Also make sure the tripod legs are fully extended and positioned all the way out. I find I get much longer flight times with Nikon/tripod if I use the underhanded Frisbee throw method. The trick is to go for distance, not altitude.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bj8me