Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Kid on The Block

Reaction score
Well, I'm new to drones. I have flown full scale and RC aircraft for many years. I have put both down few years back. I have missed the RC hobby very much.
As fate would have it,I attended the highway 127 yard sale in August of this year (2017) ,bought a couple drones. Back in the hobby but different aircraft.
I'm 81 years young,the owner of two Yuneec Q500 4K Typhoon, and love flying these things.Taking pictures makes for another dimension.
Thanks for listening,Kenneth Hood. Louisville,KY

Reactions: Peeta
Ken, Welcome to our little corner of the world. You will find a lot of great people here and a ton of information. There are search functions that can answer many questions, and people that will help you out. You said that you have many years of RC. There may be things you can add to the forum as well. Did they ever get the bridge finished downtown?

Reactions: Ken N
Well, I'm new to drones. I have flown full scale and RC aircraft for many years. I have put both down few years back. I have missed the RC hobby very much.
As fate would have it,I attended the highway 127 yard sale in August of this year (2017) ,bought a couple drones. Back in the hobby but different aircraft.
I'm 81 years young,the owner of two Yuneec Q500 4K Typhoon, and love flying these things.Taking pictures makes for another dimension.
Thanks for listening,Kenneth Hood. Louisville,KY
Welcome to the forum Ken.

There is a dark Grey bar close to the top of your screen, and just above that to the right you will find a magnifyer icon, that is the search tool for the forum. If you enter key words for what you would like more information on, that is the place to start. Most things have been covered there, but sometimes a new problem will arise that you may not find information on. Feel free to post your questions in the appropriate section to get help.

At the bottom right of your screen, you will find the community rules. In there it covers most everything related to posting in the forums. I would suggest giving it a read as well.

Make sure to read up on the rules set out by the FAA, and happy flying.

Murray

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Yuneec Pilots forum. I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Yuneec quadcopters.
Enjoy!
*User Manuals: Support Downloads

I hope you can help me. The reason I am trying this is I just flew Typoon H and I was in my front yard. Lots of trees. Close quarters. I did a compass calibration the other day in the same spot so I didn't this time. I took it up to about 25 feet was checking out the obstical avoidance it seamed to work suddenly the motors spooled up for a quick burst on there own so I decided to bring it down it stayed at about 23 feet I am leaning on the left stick trying to be in it down I bleeped my cool but worried I was going to loose it. It's doing a lot of drifting I keep close fighting it and leaning on the left stick.made sure I was in the angle mode switched off obstical avoidance thinking if I could keep it close I could catch it. I tried to stay 50 feet away. Finely it started to descend and I was able to land . I was out side the 30 foot circle in angle mode avoidance off battery 15 .5 volts when I landed 9 satellites on H and 13 on radio. I looked at the flight log it showed me pulling the down stick. Any ideas?

I hope you can help me. The reason I am trying this is I just flew Typoon H and I was in my front yard. Lots of trees. Close quarters. I did a compass calibration the other day in the same spot so I didn't this time. I took it up to about 25 feet was checking out the obstical avoidance it seamed to work suddenly the motors spooled up for a quick burst on there own so I decided to bring it down it stayed at about 23 feet I am leaning on the left stick trying to be in it down I bleeped my cool but worried I was going to loose it. It's doing a lot of drifting I keep close fighting it and leaning on the left stick.made sure I was in the angle mode switched off obstical avoidance thinking if I could keep it close I could catch it. I tried to stay 50 feet away. Finely it started to descend and I was able to land . I was out side the 30 foot circle in angle mode avoidance off battery 15 .5 volts when I landed 9 satellites on H and 13 on radio. I looked at the flight log it showed me pulling the down stick. Any ideas?
Hello Ayjay

I would suggest reposting your question in the Typhoon H help section to get answers. Before you do that, use the magnifyer icon that is above the Grey bar to the right of the upper screen. Use some key words to search out your problem first before you make your post. There will some threads in there that relate to your problem that has been discussed by other members.

Murray

Hello Ayjay

I would suggest reposting your question in the Typhoon H help section to get answers. Before you do that, use the magnifyer icon that is above the Grey bar to the right of the upper screen. Use some key words to search out your problem first before you make your post. There will some threads in there that relate to your problem that has been discussed by other members.

Murray

Sorry as I said I am new to forums. And I thought I was in the Typoon H forum. sorry

Ken, Welcome to our little corner of the world. You will find a lot of great people here and a ton of information. There are search functions that can answer many questions, and people that will help you out. You said that you have many years of RC. There may be things you can add to the forum as well. Did they ever get the bridge finished downtown?
Yes they did. Now they are in the business of collecting $$.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atas77my