Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New mission creator in development.

Reaction score
Hi all,
As some of you already know I am currently working on a mission planner for the Yuneec H520 (or PX4 controler) for POI oriented missions.
The different missions that will be possible to create with this are mainly driven by your advises on this forum.
The first beta version will be available online around the end of this week (10-11 feb 2018)
For you to have a quick look at what it will look like here is a first screenshot !! :)
In this beta version you will be able to create an orbit mission, the mission is configurable by the following parameters (at the top of the window) :
  • set the POI altitude,
  • set the drone’s altitude,
  • set the radius of the orbit,
  • set the mission mode (Photo or Video),
  • set the drone speed
You can also drag the different elements directly on the map, POI localisation, home location, radius of the orbit.
Once the mission is drawn you need to compute it, this will lock it (possible to reedit it with the edit button). You can then export the generated mission. The mission will save itself in the DataPilotPlanner folder of your system (path to the folder visible in the mission parameters group).
Of course this is a beta version so you will probably see some bugs. Please could you report them to me so I can improve the software in the future versions. If you have any ideas of improvement I would be glad to hear them.
The future version will have a zipline mission as well as a smooth curve mission.
I am also working on the analysis of the thermal images that are recorded during your flights.
Franck (@jabesprod) ;)

Capture.PNG

Very good job. Yes, hat, You're faster than Yuneec. What to make things happen.
But how do you get into curvy orbits when it's not implemented in the H520's firmware, or is it there and Yunnec can not handle it?

Just offering to help....Have a thermal (yuneec) cam and typhoon 500+ (I know) as well as yet to fly actually both are The intelligent Hex as well. I figure I will wait to get the 580 as my cam will go on what I have.
Sorry so long - about a month ago got gimbal for SOLO as I understand it the pixhawk is in it.
So I figured I would be educating myself considerably aside from the 107 I still have to pass. I am still a licensed private pilot but not current.
My long winded point is you can put me down to help test or anything else you MN at need. Have solex....Have both apple and Android pads and phones ( 7+) same s/w as new 8 and X.
Meanwhile I will continue to learn and watch you!! Have a good night. C

It would be nice to add overlap option into the interface especially for photo missions. Or maybe just automatic 2,3,5,10 sec shutter.
It would be really cool if DATA pilot could configure these values automatically to fit the mission.
Just a food for thought :)

Reactions: halfblindrabbet
It would be nice to add overlap option into the interface especially for photo missions. Or maybe just automatic 2,3,5,10 sec shutter.
It would be really cool if DATA pilot could configure these values automatically to fit the mission.
Just a food for thought :)

DataPilot does have the overlap. User configurable forward and side overlap; camera dependent. DataPilot is supposed to plot the mission and handle the image sequence to provide the desired overlap.

Last edited:
Hi all,
As some of you already know I am currently working on a mission planner for the Yuneec H520 (or PX4 controler) for POI oriented missions.
The different missions that will be possible to create with this are mainly driven by your advises on this forum.
The first beta version will be available online around the end of this week (10-11 feb 2018)
For you to have a quick look at what it will look like here is a first screenshot !! :)
In this beta version you will be able to create an orbit mission, the mission is configurable by the following parameters (at the top of the window) :
  • set the POI altitude,
  • set the drone speed
You can also drag the different elements directly on the map, POI localisation, home location, radius of the orbit.
Once the mission is drawn you need to compute it, this will lock it (possible to reedit it with the edit button). You can then export the generated mission. The mission will save itself in the DataPilotPlanner folder of your system (path to the folder visible in the mission parameters group).
Of course this is a beta version so you will probably see some bugs. Please could you report them to me so I can improve the software in the future versions. If you have any ideas of improvement I would be glad to hear them.
The future version will have a zipline mission as well as a smooth curve mission.
I am also working on the analysis of the thermal images that are recorded during your flights.
Franck (@jabesprod) ;)

Capture.PNG
Hi all,
  • set the POI altitude,
  • set the drone speed
Franck (@jabesprod) ;)

Capture.PNG
This looks very good, is there a way to download this somewhere?
Thanks
Edward
[email protected]

DataPilot does have the overlap. User configurablr forward and side overlap; camera dependent. DataPilot is supposed to plot the mission and handle the image sequence to provide the desired overlap.
Sorry, perhaps I didnt make it clear enough. My suggestion was not aimed at overlap in 2D grid, I was hoping for overlap in POI or oblique mode to compliment 3D mapping and , to accurately and evenly measure overlap shooting, rather than doing it manually or in 2 or more second shutter.
As I dont own 520 yet (still contemplating) , I apologise if I missed anything,, I have just been closely following the story of the 520 since its arrival.
in my opinion the bird still NEEDS SOME SERIOUS WORK. and FAST (please, I really want the machine to be "reliable commercial product"

Thank you for your work. We can not wait to try this.
Yuneec is so far behind its competitors for the missions.
I made a Windows program to recover the missions of Litchi (for Dji) and turn them into H520 missions, but I miss it, finally, it still lacks these famous curved trajectories. The missions look more like a good game of billiards .....
Ensemble.jpg

Thank you for your work. We can not wait to try this.
Yuneec is so far behind its competitors for the missions.
I made a Windows program to recover the missions of Litchi (for Dji) and turn them into H520 missions, but I miss it, finally, it still lacks these famous curved trajectories. The missions look more like a good game of billiards .....
View attachment 8607
Votre application est en français..

Hi everyone ! I did some tests this morning and the orbit photo is complete and working. The orbit video needs some more tweaks but you can expect the first beta sometime next week :)
Have any videos of an orbit? Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430