Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Motor Works But.....??? Please Help

Reaction score
Yes I learned the hard way flying on windy days when a hard gust slammed my typhoon Hex into a tree. Everything appears fine except one of the "A" arm motors. I ordered a new one and replaced but it still will not work. So just to make sure I plugged it into one next to it and it worked. Could it be the main board and if so, how much is that gonna cost me? it like brand new. Please someone help me. Thanks

Reactions: plissken
And by the way. I switched the plug wires to the one next to it and the one that I switched it with wont work but the new one does.

I would use my multimeter to verify continuity on all of the wires between the failed motor arm and the controller board. Sometimes a wire will look fine, but have a break inside of the plastic sheath. If continuity is good, check for a broken trace or pad come loose on the controller board. Once again, use you meter to check between the ends of the trace on the board at solder points. Either of those could be a problem as well. If all checks out there, then I would spend the money on a new board, but not before. Having a decent ultimeter has saved me many thousands of dollars troubleshooting. I use a Fluke 87 (Original from 1994), but you don't have to spend that much on a meter. You are only looking for continuity with it. Good luck with your troubleshooting. ?

Reactions: plissken
Did you connect the H to the GUI to test the motors? It sounds like an ESC has failed or blown a fuse.
On my computer i connected usb to tower and then craft. Powered up craft and loaded GUI program so I assume.i did it correctly. It told me to remove props, so i did and then click test prop motors and on my computer screen the model of craft props all turned yellow and then back to gray(as they were before i hit test all props key) But it found no error.

Have you used a multimeter to confirm you have a blown fuse?

I've messed up buying similar fuses. They all look to be the same size/shape in the pictures. But some are the size of a brick and some not much larger than a grain of sand. Be sure to check the measurements before you place an order.

This search link used the term "SMD R010" on eBay and may be a place to start:

Reactions: Steve Carr
In another thread today, you mentioned having two TH mainboards on hand, and apparently issues with both. Can you salvage a fuse from the other board long enough to see if it will fix the issue?

Have you used a multimeter to confirm you have a blown fuse?

I've messed up buying similar fuses. They all look to be the same size/shape in the pictures. But some are the size of a brick and some not much larger than a grain of sand. Be sure to check the measurements before you place an order.

This search link used the term "SMD R010" on eBay and may be a place to start:
yes I used a multimeter, and indeed a fuse is blown. Then I looked for a fuse marked R010 but in smd I only found resistors and no fuses that are 10m homs. or these https://www.farnell.com/datasheets/2643557.pdf. Which however are special resistors like current sens.

In another thread today, you mentioned having two TH mainboards on hand, and apparently issues with both. Can you salvage a fuse from the other board long enough to see if it will fix the issue?
Yes I have two motherboards, because I hadn't tested the fuses before and I bought another one on ebay. Now that I have discovered the problem on my motherboard I would like to fix it by replacing the blown fuse and keep it as a spare since I have now bought another one, my fault

However, the problem remains of where to find and buy these smd fuses. In another post here on the forum I read that they are 20A it seems to me a lot, however if this were the case they could be replaced with easily available alternative fuses, there are also very small polymer fuses.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430