Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

new or not so new?

Reaction score
Brand new here, so howdy! Also new to flying.

I bought what was supposed to be a brand new TH pro on eBay..... thought I got a real good buy. When it arrived it all looked brand new, didn't notice anything untoward. Packing material, etc. as if it had never been opened or even touched. I just happened to get into 'Pad mode' on the ST-16 and just swiping around to see what was there I noticed on the desktop was a 'gallery' folder. When I opened it I see a couple thumbnails of pics I had taken, but there was a whole bunch more of people & places (pretty obviously West Coast where it shipped from) I didn't recognize. There were tiny video clips also of the TH in the air taking selfies, etc. I've read through enough out here that I know how to get into all the data stored on the ST-16 and it appears that there were a number of flights made well before I purchased it. The one thing I don't know yet.... is there a way to tell what drone was being flown by the ST-16 based on any of the data stored? It's obvious I can go back on the seller and at least claim I didn't get a brand new ST-16 but I don't know if I could accuse him of selling me a used TH.

This all leads to a second question. I've emailed Yuneec CS a couple times with no answer and called but couldn't hang on that long. Assuming this setup was new and had never been registered will Yuneec honor the warranty of an item bought on eBay?

Thanks for any input and of course Happy Holidays!

Call 10minutes after 8am their time or 1:15 pm their time, usually they should answer with in 5 to 10 minutes unless they dispersed.

The way I see it, when I buy a brand new package deal, all of it has to be new. If it's not, it's a used system. If the price was right and everything works, decide if you want to keep it. If you don't want it because part of it is obviously not new, you have justification to return it. Just remember that buying anything on eBay is risky business. If you don't buy from a dealer I could easily understand Yuneec not wanting to provide a warranty. As far as they know it might have been stolen before you bought it.

Brand new here, so howdy! Also new to flying.

I bought what was supposed to be a brand new TH pro on eBay..... thought I got a real good buy. When it arrived it all looked brand new, didn't notice anything untoward. Packing material, etc. as if it had never been opened or even touched. I just happened to get into 'Pad mode' on the ST-16 and just swiping around to see what was there I noticed on the desktop was a 'gallery' folder. When I opened it I see a couple thumbnails of pics I had taken, but there was a whole bunch more of people & places (pretty obviously West Coast where it shipped from) I didn't recognize. There were tiny video clips also of the TH in the air taking selfies, etc. I've read through enough out here that I know how to get into all the data stored on the ST-16 and it appears that there were a number of flights made well before I purchased it. The one thing I don't know yet.... is there a way to tell what drone was being flown by the ST-16 based on any of the data stored? It's obvious I can go back on the seller and at least claim I didn't get a brand new ST-16 but I don't know if I could accuse him of selling me a used TH.

This all leads to a second question. I've emailed Yuneec CS a couple times with no answer and called but couldn't hang on that long. Assuming this setup was new and had never been registered will Yuneec honor the warranty of an item bought on eBay?

Thanks for any input and of course Happy Holidays!
One thing you could do is to try to recover the contents from the micro sd card for the CG03+ camera, even if it has been overwritten. On a new card there should only be Yuneec's files. Download a program called Recuva. When you use it, do a deep scan searching for all files, and if there is any more data on it, this software will find it.

I use the free version. Here is the link to the software.
Recuva - Restore deleted files, even if you've emptied the Recycle bin! - Piriform

Thanks all! I am a pretty savvy eBay buyer and have never been burned in over hundreds of purchases. I understand the risks/rewards with the whole system. At this point I am not feeling burned on the TH purchase. I just don't like being deceived by a seller and I'm pretty certain I was here. But even though, considering price paid, I ain't unhappy yet. Thanks for the tip on trying to recover data from the original micro SD as I hadn't thought of that. I'll give that a go and see what I can see.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace