Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New owner of a slightly broken typhoon h

Reaction score
So I found a typhoon h on eBay for $480, way too cheap to pass up on, I finally got it in and two of the clips that hold the camera to the base plate that connects to the Drone, we're gone. I don't know why I remember this but I know AutoZone had a clip that was something like the ones that were missing from the Drone so I brought it there, one of the workers spent in our sanding away at car Fasteners to make it small enough to fit inside of the hole and fix it, he turned a very lengthy repair to a simple 1 hour fix, then gave me a slice of pizza that they just got from Dominos.

I'm not trying to advertise AutoZone but, those people are freaking awesome and I finally have a working typhoon h.

If you're wondering why they're both different, the smooth one fit perfectly on the first hole but wouldn't fit on the second home so we tried a different fitting and it just so happened to work.1526523135986.jpg1526523157372.jpg

So I found a typhoon h on eBay for $480, way too cheap to pass up on, I finally got it in and two of the clips that hold the camera to the base plate that connects to the Drone, we're gone. I don't know why I remember this but I know AutoZone had a clip that was something like the ones that were missing from the Drone so I brought it there, one of the workers spent in our sanding away at car Fasteners to make it small enough to fit inside of the hole and fix it, he turned a very lengthy repair to a simple 1 hour fix, then gave me a slice of pizza that they just got from Dominos.

I'm not trying to advertise AutoZone but, those people are freaking awesome and I finally have a working typhoon h.

If you're wondering why they're both different, the smooth one fit perfectly on the first hole but wouldn't fit on the second home so we tried a different fitting and it just so happened to work.View attachment 9657View attachment 9658

Are you talking about the pins in the corners, going through the dampers? If so, are you saying you received the H with only two of those pins in place?

If so, sorry to break it to you, but there are supposed to be only two. Not four.

If there were none, and you now have two very cool ones, good deal!

Jeff

Are you talking about the pins in the corners, going through the dampers? If so, are you saying you received the H with only two of those pins in place?

If so, sorry to break it to you, but there are supposed to be only two. Not four.

If there were none, and you now have two very cool ones, good deal!

Jeff
Please tell me you're joking?

I just went through an hour of sitting at AutoZone to get those extra pins put on and paid $20

Feel free to search. Been talked about many times. “Two of the gimbal pins must have fallen out during flight!”

In fact, I searched for the same when I discovered only two in my first H/cgo3+.

Wait for it... I’m confident others will chime in.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Yuneec Pilots forum. I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Yuneec quadcopters.
Enjoy!
*User Manuals: Support Downloads

All the drones I have built or bought use two pins, on opposite corners. I also use a loose zip tie on the other two corners "just in case".

Unfortunately Jeff is correct... and in fact, your solution while different, is a bit of an overkill. if those fasteners are too tight your aircraft will transmit much more vibration to the camera, resulting in visibly shakier video. Those gimbal dampeners are specifically designed to allow the camera to float and counteract vibration. If you do a thorough search on the forum, you will find that fine plastic zip ties, should be loosely attached to the two open corners, so that the natural function of the gimbal design is not interfered with.

Gimbal mounts

Well I just wasted $20, and here I thought I was some kind of MacGyver genius using car Fasteners to mount the two extra holes

Sorry about that, Covetingace.

Lesson learned? If in doubt, come here first... if searching doesn't pull up answers, post a question.

A lot of very knowledgeable contributors here, willing to share, or already have, from their own school of hard knocks. Oh, and some who found out the easy way.

:D:rolleyes:

Jeff

Well I wasted $20 but I got the extra pins out and took it out of my first flight, I love the typhoon H that thing flew solid in 15 mile per hour wind and got one of the best videos I could never imagine possible on a drone

I actually want to take the time to think everybody here on this forum for convincing me to get the yuneec typhoon h, because before this I was stuck on getting a DJI mavic air and now I'm so glad I didn't

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss