Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Pilot/Owner and Camera Tilt Issue

Reaction score
Background

Bought the $149 model from WalMart. I'm using Breeze Cam app (v 1.4.7) with Motorola Moto X (Android 5.1) in the US. My phone and unit connected fine at first, but the app required a firmware update to fly. I initially tried to download and update the firmware via the app, but the download failed. During a second try, the download completed and the firmware updated, but then the unit would no longer connect to my phone. Resetting the unit also had no effect.

Thanks to this site, I was able to resolve this problem by first reverting to "firmware.bin" which allowed the phone and unit to connect again. Then, I manually put "breeze_V0.1.41_A.bin" via USB in the root folder of the unit for manual decompression/upgrade via the app. This worked like a charm and the phone and unit now connect within 10-20 secs. Thanks to this site, I also updated the controller firmware without issue to enable the camera tilt function on the controller.

Camera Tilt Issue

The camera tilts up and down using both the app slider and the controller. However, near and at the down limit only, the camera motor does not shut off. Rather, as the camera approaches and reaches its lower stop, the motor continues to run (I can hear it whining/struggling). This happens both via the app and the controller. If the camera is tilted up and brought slightly off the down limit, the motor stops and its silent. I'm afraid I will burn out the motor, if I forget to do this step. Does this happen with anyone else's Breeze? I'm trying figure out if this is typical camera behavior or if I got a defective unit.

Last edited:
This is a typical behavior. I found the cause in my first Breeze to be due to the stiffness of the ribbon cable on the camera. When the camera would approach the full down position, the stiffness and length of the cable would prevent the servo from reaching the cutoff position.

I connected to the Breeze, then exercised the camera down position about 20 times (full down and back a little) until I quit hearing the buzz at the full down. From folks that have been in RC for many years, it should not harm the servo (though it may effect the video with vibration).

I don’t notice this with my second Breeze ( the first was replaced under warranty due to thermal problems), so it most likely a quality control (snicker, snicker) problem. I worked with many QC engineers in my career as an electrical technician with a major automotive manufacturer. So these type of things stick out like a sore thumb with me.

Thanks so much. I took off the bottom cover and I see exactly what you are talking about regarding the ribbon cable being slightly short at the full down position. I'll try to exercise the cable to see if that fixes it for me like it did for you.

Reactions: DoomMeister
You are in a beautiful part of the country. Hope Florence didn’t have much effect on you. My son lives in Cary and had his wedding at Biltmore several years ago.

Welcome to the YuneecPilots community!

We are a group that shares our knowledge of the hobby/business and welcome pilots of all skill levels and backgrounds. Please read the Community Rules found at the bottom of the webpage, and make use of the Forum Search (it is restricted to this forum) for any question you have before posting. Chances are that the answer is waiting for your question. That being said, please join in and share your experiences with the community.

We appreciate when new members make use of the Introduction area of the forum to tell us a little about themselves and their interests in multirotor aircraft.

Be sure to checkout the Yuneec Pilots Picture Game in the Photos and Videos section of the forum. It is a great way to meet people worldwide and motivate you to fly and make photos/videos. You’ll find it in the sticky thread at the start of the section. The rules are in post #1 and the latest challenge is near the last post.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adanidharavi