Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Pilot Typhoon H Pro

Reaction score
I am excited about receiving my new Typhoon H Pro on the 29th. I have been watching some of the Jeff Sebilius videos on U-Tube, very informative. I was just wondering if any of the pilots in this forum has suggestions for rookies like me or other video instructions besides Jeff to watch? Thank you

I'm new too. Mine came in yesterday. I have not had a chance to charge up the batteries and fly it yet. I suggest reading the entire manual that is found on this forum. There is a another forum that I ran across that has a manual that is even more in depth. You want to learn all you can before you put it in the air. I will link them below.

Want to help make a better manual?
Typhoon H manual - cleaned Up and updated (70pgs)

Last edited:
Reactions: Bosse_A
I am excited about receiving my new Typhoon H Pro on the 29th. I have been watching some of the Jeff Sebilius videos on U-Tube, very informative. I was just wondering if any of the pilots in this forum has suggestions for rookies like me or other video instructions besides Jeff to watch? Thank you

Hey Auquab2,

Welcome to the forum!

Second, and get used to this: Use the search feature (upper right) and use keywords like "First Flight Recommend". I just did and found this link which will start of by repeating what I just said.

Not trying to push you off the cliff; rather there have been plenty of posting asking your very same question.

One recommendation I always pass along: If anyone is new to radio control, or even seasoned in RC but new to quadcopters, hexacopters, or the like... go search for something inexpensive, such as a Hubsan 107L (just an example to get you started.)

For $50 (USD) or less, one can practice and learn required skills inexpensively, rather than risk your big purchase. The nerves will be greatly reduced once you do take out your baby for it's maiden voyage.

Good luck!

Jeff

Thanks Jeff, too late, purchased the Typhoon, arrives Monday. My background is ROV operations offshore oil and gas so I am familiar with some of the drone's hard and software plus the flying. Reading the manual now, complicated little bugger! I am a Wisconsin native, Manitowoc, Go Pack!

Aqua,

Never too late, if you’re referring to my suggestion of an inexpensive drone to start with. I ordered my H, then ordered a hubsan before the H arrived. Had plenty of RC experience, but glad I honed up the drone skills before sending my baby out into the skies.

As for Manitowoc, I’ll let that slide. Spent all but the last 4.5 years in the Twin Cities. Still stinging, being so close to being “home” next Sunday!

Always next year, eh?

Hey fellas, i'm kind of new had 4 flights lol. Has anyone found an updated "what's this light mean?' list?

Hey fellas, i'm kind of new had 4 flights lol. Has anyone found an updated "what's this light mean?' list?

Check out the sticky thread for the H discussion forum for the “make a better manual” talk. I haven’t had the need to look, but if there is a better list than the original, bets are it’s there.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff, I checked it out earlier and saw the super early date of the post thinking it wasn’t replayed to the h pro . I’ll do some reading this next visit and hope you’re right.

These lights just don’t match up to the downloaded manual and I’m finding out yuneec does a terrible job at updating their site or answering the phone.

Enjoying the heck out of my Cool drone though lol

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
ALWAYS ALWAYS double check your battery to ensure they are locked in, costly mistake a lot of us have made as we watch ours birds fall from the sky. It'll feel tight but not be locked.

DO NOT
1. Fly in to trees.
2. Fly in to walls.
3. Land in lakes, ponds or oceans.

The first 2 I can attest to. 3 is a guess.

But good luck, you're gonna luv it.

Reactions: Firemangerald
Hi everyone,
I am new to drone flying, and I am studying to take the Part 107 test. I just recently bought a refurbed Typhoon H for what I believe to be an excellent price ($350.00) and I like it a lot. I was looking to get the RealSense addon, but it is about the same price I paid for the drone. I recently came across a refurbed Typhoon H Pro with RealSense RTF for $598.00. Do you guy think the RealSense is worth the money or am I better off sticking with the Typhoon H? If I get the Pro can return the H or just sell it. Any input would be appreciated.

RealSense is most useful for only a few things on the H.

- the RealSense module includes downward facing sonar
- helpful if you try to land the H with the landing gear up - it won'd land
- required if you want to use IPS (indoor positioning system)

- Follow me Smart Mode

- Watch me Smart Mode

There is also a caveat for the RealSense. Don't fly into bright light at dusk/dawn as it may cause errors or it may miss identifying obstacles.

Last edited:
Also look for Captain Drone on Youtube. He has some excellent videos.

Read the manual suggested above.

Find a wide open spot away from people and obstructions. Go low and slow until you get the feel for it.

You are in for a whole lot of fun. Enjoy!

Also look for Captain Drone on Youtube. He has some excellent videos.

Read the manual suggested above.

Find a wide open spot away from people and obstructions. Go low and slow until you get the feel for it.

You are in for a whole lot of fun. Enjoy!

+1 on.Drone Captain!!!

Check out the Buelle109 Channel! I think his name is Pat (Ty). He has 6 videos on the Typhoon H. All I can say is WOW!!! Ya gota check him/them out!!!! GREAT STUFF!!! I'm waiting for the next Video to drop!!!

Drone Captain, and Jeff Sibelius do great stuff too!!!

Between those guys and this Forum, you will get a lot of great info!!!!

I'm a NEW Guy too!

Willie

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cosmoarts