Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Q500 batteries swollen

Reaction score
i just received my q500 from beach camera and the batts are a little swollen, they were at 75% and 3.9v per cell, the package had been opened and i believe it was a return, i am waiting on a replacement, my question is how long can new batteries stay in the box, i am assuming Yuneec isnt makeing new Q500s to put on the shelf? or are they?

i just received my q500 from beach camera and the batts are a little swollen, they were at 75% and 3.9v per cell, the package had been opened and i believe it was a return, i am waiting on a replacement, my question is how long can new batteries stay in the box, i am assuming Yuneec isnt makeing new Q500s to put on the shelf? or are they?
Chances are that it was stored at full power, ie 100% charge. I was flying with a friend yesterday who had the same problem and indeed, he had stored it over the winter at full charge. Lipo's have a storage charge, namely, 3.84 v per cell...or roughly at 50% charge for long term storage. When you buy batteries online from reputable dealers, that is where the battery charge level is at...unless there is something wrong with the battery. Always store your batteries at the storage charge. Almost all good chargers allow you to deplete and charge a battery to storage charge for long term storage. I make it a habit of always discharging my batteries to the storage level, even if I am only storing them for a few days. Keeping a fully charged batter for any length of time is a sure way of damaging them.
ks

Reactions: chimpax

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
premadsoftwaresolutions