Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New software update

Reaction score
Hello friends, just turned on the mantis and saw that there is a new firmware update, does anybody knows what’s new with this update?

Changes listed

CC946AFE-545B-480C-85B9-BCB781158577.png

Mr DoomMeister:), love your work I was a Commercial Pilot once too. MS put a stop to it.
With this 'no fly zone' stuff....do you reckon it actually works?
Reason I ask is because here in Australia the powers that be are getting a few ideas in place for the near future because there are some Nimrods about who are doing the wrong thing, same everywhere apparently.
NO fly zones will surely come in but Aerodromes around here are not anywhere near the numbers you folks have in the States.

Chroma Pilot - in Europe the No Fly Zones definitely work, you cannot arm the motors while in NFZ (which is usually in 6km radius of commercial airports).

So, about the update: I'm very curious has the range improved, considering that the update featured changes to streaming? Anyone here tested that?

Reactions: Chroma Pilot
Does anyone know where I can purchase Camera filters for my Mantis q. I'm having problems filming during periods of bright sunlight.

@KenHunt
According to the manual (page 6) you should be able to set the ISO and exposure values. Both are on default.
ISO default is 100 and EV is 0
The brighter it is, EV needs to be set to the + side, and darker setting to the - side.
You may already know this?:)

Attachments

• Mantis Q_USER MANUAL_V1.0_20180921.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 7
Mr DoomMeister:), love your work I was a Commercial Pilot once too. MS put a stop to it.
With this 'no fly zone' stuff....do you reckon it actually works?
Reason I ask is because here in Australia the powers that be are getting a few ideas in place for the near future because there are some Nimrods about who are doing the wrong thing, same everywhere apparently.
NO fly zones will surely come in but Aerodromes around here are not anywhere near the numbers you folks have in the States.

From what I saw in the app you need to have your commercial registration information sent to Yuneec. They then send you a code you enter in the app to unlock the NFZ on your drone. I am quite certain that the code will only unlock the Mantis Q with the serial number that matches the information sent to Yuneec.

Reactions: 2functionalMonster

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwclarc1