Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

new tid bits about h520 comming online

Reaction score
well well yuneec full of suprises pleasant ones at that if they hold true take with grain of saly but would be real happy if so true from terrestrialimaging.com h520 preorder page the following info

All of these cameras will be compatible with H520 upon release. All the cameras will be compatible with the H480 as well but not upon release. The E90 will not be compatible with the H480 immediately, but Yuneec promises to make it backwards compatible in the future. The cameras are not the only things that will be backwards compatible. The new and more powerful batteries for the H520 will be compatible with the Typhoon H480 and the H480 batteries will be compatible with the H520

well well yuneec full of suprises pleasant ones at that if they hold true take with grain of saly but would be real happy if so true from terrestrialimaging.com h520 preorder page the following info

All of these cameras will be compatible with H520 upon release. All the cameras will be compatible with the H480 as well but not upon release. The E90 will not be compatible with the H480 immediately, but Yuneec promises to make it backwards compatible in the future. The cameras are not the only things that will be backwards compatible. The new and more powerful batteries for the H520 will be compatible with the Typhoon H480 and the H480 batteries will be compatible with the H520
What make you "belive" this....? Facts or?

why do we not have a forum for the H520 i thought this forum was for the typhoon H
the 520 is not a replacement for the H it is a commercial product . a completely different beast .
they will be selling both for some time to come .

mods please create its separate forum and move these post

Please, What are your sources ?

Sure wish they would finally release this thing. Some have need of the new cameras now. I'm currently looking at a $15,000.00 non consumer product to do such work if the 520 does not become available soon. Having to go that route would relegate use of the H to minimal levels and end further purchases of Yuneec stuff until they provided a 40mpxl or higher image.

Yuneec, and others, now have a tremendous opportunity to capture a large segment of the commercial market since they don't transmit data to the manufacturer. Yuneec only needs to make a truthful public statement relating their products do not store data specifically to be used for manufacturer uploads or link to an outside server for data exchange and terminate the OTA firmware upgrade program immediately. They'll need to assure the accuracy of such a statement. They should act quickly to grab that market segment before some other outfit jumps on it or the maker that is quickly losing it corrects the error of their ways.

Lack of agility can be damaging in ways not yet realized.

Sure wish they would finally release this thing. Some have need of the new cameras now. I'm currently looking at a $15,000.00 non consumer product to do such work if the 520 does not become available soon. Having to go that route would relegate use of the H to minimal levels and end further purchases of Yuneec stuff until they provided a 40mpxl or higher image.

Yuneec, and others, now have a tremendous opportunity to capture a large segment of the commercial market since they don't transmit data to the manufacturer. Yuneec only needs to make a truthful public statement relating their products do not store data specifically to be used for manufacturer uploads or link to an outside server for data exchange and terminate the OTA firmware upgrade program immediately. They'll need to assure the accuracy of such a statement. They should act quickly to grab that market segment before some other outfit jumps on it or the maker that is quickly losing it corrects the error of their ways.

Lack of agility can be damaging in ways not yet realized.
Expect this statement shortly. ;)

Sure wish they would finally release this thing. Some have need of the new cameras now. I'm currently looking at a $15,000.00 non consumer product to do such work

PatR did you check the Freefly Alta? Freefly ALTA 6

Of course the full set you need to start filming will surely cost more than 15k, but well.

here are the web sit links should work.

Yuneec H520 with E50 Camera Pre-order
H520
even if the batteries are interchangeable flight times for the 520. the 520 will take a hit in flight time from the h480 batteries
Thank you my friend, but i cannot see:
"All of these cameras will be compatible with H520 upon release. All the cameras will be compatible with the H480 as well but not upon release. The E90 will not be compatible with the H480 immediately, but Yuneec promises to make it backwards compatible in the future. The cameras are not the only things that will be backwards compatible."
Sorry, my english is poor...

firmware updates should take care of camera's compatability. for the h480 just at a later date. the 520 should be available for over 2500 starting with the cameras with the e50 bundle being lowest. so far the is no cgo3+ with the 520 being offered. the upper end should be around. 5000 to 6000 for the cgo et bundle. rough estimates with what virtgodrones was pricing for preorders before the price change which will be 20 percent more than what was listed. I got my order just in time before the price change and locked mine in for 1699 bare bones just 2 batteries ,drone and controller. current pricing should move that to a bit north of 2000.

forgot to mention they emailed me about the date they are expecting the 520 to be shipping out of the factory.(we all know that this can change at any time) first week of September.

PatR did you check the Freefly Alta? Freefly ALTA 6

Of course the full set you need to start filming will surely cost more than 15k, but well.

I've been very aware of the Alta since it was still in the design stages. My first "pro" level camera rig was a CineStar 6 equipped with a Freefly Radian servo driven gimbal that was used to carry Canon or Nikon cameras. FreeFly has been at the forefront of professional grade multirotors since at least 2011, and is a VERY good company to deal with. I did not consider the Alta because it's a little more than I wanted to deal with in size and expense, although it would be effective for the application. It also jacks up the cost of hull insurance by quite a bit, which has to be factored into the bidding process.

Is the H520 thermal camera the same as current CGOET? I'm thinking of purchasing one. 08/08 I picked for date release, 8 is the Chinese lucky #.

I've been very aware of the Alta since it was still in the design stages. My first "pro" level camera rig was a CineStar 6 equipped with a Freefly Radian servo driven gimbal that was used to carry Canon or Nikon cameras. FreeFly has been at the forefront of professional grade multirotors since at least 2011, and is a VERY good company to deal with. I did not consider the Alta because it's a little more than I wanted to deal with in size and expense, although it would be effective for the application. It also jacks up the cost of hull insurance by quite a bit, which has to be factored into the bidding process.

Do you think other $15k rig won't jack up the insurance cost? If you're looking for quite expensive piece of kit you must be ready for high insurance costs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval