Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New to drones battery question

Reaction score
Hi folks another newb here. I have a couple days ago picked up a used Q500 4k. I've been watching videos about this drone for a while so have already conquered my first flight.

Now to the problem. The previous guy I hope stored the batteries OK. I use the skyrc (official one) to charge the batteries to the 12.6v but I get around 5 minutes of flight time recording at 4k if that makes a difference. After those 5 minutes the usual battery low warning appears and soon lands.

I checked the voltage according to the hand controller it reads 10.2v using a multimeter I see 11.6v. So it seems the controller is not aquaring the correct voltage. Or because the batteries were stored for 2 years is this the likely issue?

Thanks in advance

Andy

Old, worn batteries are a real thing, and probably why the guy sold it. With my refurbished unit's battery, I get around 15 minutes with the video set to 1920x1080 and the response slider set to rabbit.

Hi folks another newb here. I have a couple days ago picked up a used Q500 4k. I've been watching videos about this drone for a while so have already conquered my first flight.

Now to the problem. The previous guy I hope stored the batteries OK. I use the skyrc (official one) to charge the batteries to the 12.6v but I get around 5 minutes of flight time recording at 4k if that makes a difference. After those 5 minutes the usual battery low warning appears and soon lands.

I checked the voltage according to the hand controller it reads 10.2v using a multimeter I see 11.6v. So it seems the controller is not aquaring the correct voltage. Or because the batteries were stored for 2 years is this the likely issue?

Thanks in advance

Andy
First step is reduce image Resolution to 2k, that has an effect. I'd check each battery for bloat, if they won't lay flat they need replacing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430