Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New to drones, first post.

Reaction score
I'm an old, retired guy that's looking for a new hobby.
I've been thinking about a drone for a while and had thought it would be a DJI Mavic Pro. I was about to take the plunge when I read the many horror stories on their forum. Yeah, I know, you only read about the bad stuff but the thing that got me was the repeated bad customer service. Another thing is that I need a display larger than a smart phone and the Mavic seems to like Apple and is "so so" with Android (mine is not on their supported list). Mavic + Apple tablet = $$$$$ more than I want to spend.
I really like what I'm hearing about the Yuneec Typhoon H Pro w/ RealSense. I've read about some problems here but I can tolerate some of that if Customer Service is helpful and that's what I'm finding out here on this forum.
I've flown electric RC helicopters before so I don't want to start with too basic of a drone.
I come seeking opinions/suggestions from anyone here with a minute to spare.
David

Hi David, I have both Yuneec Typhoon H and a couple Phantoms. I personally like the H better than my phantoms, there is nothing wrong with them, I just "feel" better flying the Typhoon. I have not had to deal with DJI tech support so I cannot provide any feedback on this. I have had a few questions for Yuneec and other than the long hold times they are great. You are in the right place to get some opinions, let us know if you have any questions. BTW Welcome to the fourm!

I'm an old, retired guy that's looking for a new hobby.
I've been thinking about a drone for a while and had thought it would be a DJI Mavic Pro. I was about to take the plunge when I read the many horror stories on their forum. Yeah, I know, you only read about the bad stuff but the thing that got me was the repeated bad customer service. Another thing is that I need a display larger than a smart phone and the Mavic seems to like Apple and is "so so" with Android (mine is not on their supported list). Mavic + Apple tablet = $$$$$ more than I want to spend.
I really like what I'm hearing about the Yuneec Typhoon H Pro w/ RealSense. I've read about some problems here but I can tolerate some of that if Customer Service is helpful and that's what I'm finding out here on this forum.
I've flown electric RC helicopters before so I don't want to start with too basic of a drone.
I come seeking opinions/suggestions from anyone here with a minute to spare.
David
Welcome to the Yuneec forum. Lots of us are old retired guys who happen to enjoy this hobby. If you are used to flying copters and avoid hitting things you might want to consider 2-3 extra batteries rather than the RealSense which adds $3-400 to the cost. But.....many folks here will debate that view.
Many of us migrated to Yuneec from other brands and it seems like most decide to stick with it. There is a definite learning curve with the H. There are a lot of good tutorial videos on Youtube (and lots of bad ones). There are also reviews on Youtube, but sadly, most were done by DJI promoters. We can provide you links if you like. Just ask.
There was a fantastic sale price a few days ago and I expect that will happen again. Someone usually posts a link when that happens so keep checking in.

Last edited:
Reactions: grandpawmoses
Thanks for the replies. We've adopted our 12 year old grandson and I think a drone would be something we could both be involved in even with the age gap.

Thanks for the link. That much of a discount was enough to make me do it.
Typhoon H Pro w/ RealSense, two batteries, ST16 remote, CG03+360 camera, case, & Wizard for $1199.
There was no mention of the battery charger but it's probably included too, if not it's still a good deal.
It will come with a stock battery charger. I have several aftermarket chargers but the only one I use now is this one because it's so easy to put the bats in storage charge: Amazon.com: EV-PEAK 70Wx2 6A/CH Intelligent Battery Charger for Yuneec Typhoon H Drones Battery and Remote Controller with 5V 2A USB: Camera & Photo

That charger has great specs. Personally, I prefer a charger that can be used with almost any LIPO or LIHV battery. But hey, you pays your dough and gets your choice.:D

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Yuneec Pilots forum. I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Yuneec quadcopter’s.
Enjoy!
*User Manuals: Support Downloads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech