Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New to YuneecPilots Q500 4K pilot

Reaction score
Hello, just learning how to get around forum. My name is Lowell
John, from Yuneecskins thinks my problem is a resistor on the Drone board. No tilt, but works fine on the Steady Grip.
So I'm asking for help with disassembly and repair.

First of all, welcome to YuneecPilots!

Download this document published by @WTFDproject https://yuneecpilots.com/attachments/wtfdproject-rev82-pdf.26682/.

Bring up attachment 55 (Q500 Camera Tilt Transistor). Taking the cover off of the Q500 involves a lot of screws. It is a good idea to lay them out on a piece of cloth (so they don’t roll around) in the pattern you remove them. When you reassemble the cover be very cautious that the wiring through the arms does not get pinched.

This is a simple desolder old connection and solder to new connection task. You can power up and test before reassembling the cover.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Thanks for the warm welcome. I downloaded and performed wire move solder fix. And it works great now. I wonder what caused it to fail in the first place ? Used all your advice
and I got all 64 screws back , with no issues. Thanks a lot. Lowell

Reactions: DoomMeister
Glad it worked. They are small transistors and there is no telling what caused the failure. A transient voltage spike, a high current draw from leaving the gimbal lock in place, or any number of things that cause electronics to say “I ain’t gonna work no more”.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss