Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New typhoon H battery

Reaction score
I see the new batteries are out and mine have about had it. Might as well purchase the newest and bigger batteries but curious if there’s an increase in flight time?

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

New batteries ? Other threads here seem to suggest there aren't any new ones ! Got a link ?

I received an email today from Terrestrial Imaging, went to their website and saw new 5250 I think, for the h h+. But they were out of stock.

Last edited:
Chad Dude... how the **** are ya, bud? You mean these?

Venom 4S 6700 mAh Battery - Typhoon H

if not, you have a link?

Normally I would never consider non OEM batteries but it’s not like I have a warranty anyways. Lol.

Thinking about getting the Mavic 2 Pro just for portability. I don’t have much room in my car with all the other camera equipment I have to carry around with me.

What’s up buddy!!! I’m good just been swamped with real estate Photography. I’ll post a link to a house I shot a couple weekends ago.

Link to 5250 battery:

Yuneec H520 5250mAh/15.2V High Voltage Battery

Link to photos:

Dropbox - Laura Barry Photos - Simplify your life

Yeah, no those batteries are specific to the 520 and the H Plus... they cannot be used on your Typhoon H. Correction, and thanks to @Peggy

You may want to look at these UltraX batteries... they give performance equal to the OEM

UltraX Replacement LiPo for Yuneec Typhoon H

Last edited:
I was under the impression that we could use them in the 480, we just couldn't charge them with our charger?

No, you have it reversed... the standard H batteries can be used in the Plus, but the lower voltage of the standard battery will reduce flight time. The higher voltage 520/Plus batteries cannot be used on the standard H... I would not want to see the results of powering up with that higher voltage battery on the H, though I suppose it would make for entertaining YouTube footage.

Reactions: ChadCloses
I had not seen someone test a 520/Plus battery in a standard H. I stand corrected, but at the same time, I have not seen any posts by anyone who has purchased the higher volt batteries to get longer flight time on the Typhoon H. Considering the much higher price of the 520/Plus batteries your ROI of the extra time in the air may not be worth the additional investment.

Also, neither the Yuneec OEM charger nor the EV-Peak/Morpilot DY-3 charger will work with those batteries... you would need the DY-5 model charger or a 3rd party LiPo charger and cables specific to the 520/Plus.

Since the pricing of the UltraX Replacement are less than half of the Plus batteries, IMHO you will still have the least cost per minute of flight time from the UltraX batteries.

Reactions: The_caged_bird
Frankly it is still unproven... turning the bird on is not taking off, with the full voltage load going through it. I'd have to see someone saying yes, the H works fine with these batteries and I have XX number of flights without any evidence of electrical damage from the battery starting out at a higher than normally rated voltage. Willing to bet that kind of damage is cumulative in nature and therefore not seen by a one-time power-up.

Reactions: The_caged_bird
I checked their other videos, they said they were going to do a video of the 480 flying with the 520 battery but they apparently never did.

I dunno, stuff like that really intrigues me. For instance, if I put 520 arms and motors on the 480, what kind of Frankenstein would I get?:p

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread!:p:p:p

Yeah, well Old Farthood does lead to inevitable tangents... now would someone bring me my prune juice... :(

Did someone call the good doctor? Or is someone trying to conger up the Devil himself? Well I can pass for both. I have not been following this post until my name was just used in vain by parties we will not mention (for fear of being deleted:oops:)

Dr. FrankenPhoon at your service.
This is definitely something I can, and will try. After all the Frankenphoon monster 480 is for the most part a test platform. So it looks like "Frank" and I need to perform a little experiment for the village folk. I have not tried this yet, only because I have not flown either 480 since getting the plus (why walk when you can ride?:cool:)

But I assure you now that my curiosity is piqued, I'll be heading down to the la-bor-i-tory first thing in the morning at the crack of dawn, just as soon as the Count goes to bed!

I shall return with my findings....

Last edited:
Reactions: ChadCloses

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval