Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Typhoon "H" has curved (uncorrected lense) issue out of blue

Reaction score
I bought a new "H" with Real Sense from Costco a month ago but been quite ill since then so I'm just now setting it up and flying it. Initially it flew flawlessly until yesterday when all of sudden in mid-flight and the middle of an assignment my stills developed the horrible "uncorrected lens curvature along the horizon" issue big time. I wasn't taken video so I didn't test that function. Needless to say I and my client were very upset and the shoot was suspended. To my knowledge there didn't appear to be any settings changes on my ST16. I can't find anything that gives me a clue on what might have happened and thought I'd come here for any suggestions anyone may have. Batteries were all good. Beats me. I tried to send photos here but photos are on my pc and don't know squat about URL etc. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I can't find anything that gives me a clue on what might have happened
The first thing to try when you have some sort of glitch, land and reboot both the H and ST16. You don't have to fly to check the camera. Just turn the system on in the house and "hand fly" to see if the problem persists. If it's still a problem try updating the firmware on the camera.

No I have to figure out the "URL" before I can do anything with them. Thanks
You don't need a url to upload .jpg pictures. Just click on the Upload button below and select the pictures that are on your computer.
However, you don't really need to load any pictures. It would be better to work on the problem with the camera.

These are the 2 pictures that Droneman sent to me.
I think it helps getting an idea of how bad the curved horizon is. I took some video recently and I see the horizon is not straight, but Droneman´s picture is much worse. Looking forward to hear what the reboot did for him.

So @Droneman what did you find after a reboot and testing the camera? Does it still have the same problem?
I've been so busy preparing for a housing move I didn't get a chance to do a complete evaluation but I did fire up the bird long enough to take a couple of photos and short video yesterday and - as someone suggested it may have been a momentary glitch that day because my 3 test photos at 3 different altitudes were perfect. That being said the fact that it happened at all gives me less confidence in the H and also means I'll have to pay more attention to the photos as they are taken just to be sure they are as they should be. I chose to fly test the camera opposed to doing a bench test so s to simulate conditions as they were when the problem occured. Fingers crossed it won't occur again. I thank everyone for their time and support. It is great comfort to know you are there. I thank you all very much. Curious, I would like to know the cause of the problem whenever possible, however --- I know it not always possible.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval