Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New update available BUILD784_20181122

Reaction score
Yuneec just released a new build 784_20181122, but yet again they choose not to reveal any info on the build.

Any pilots tried out the new build yet and have any info on what the update includes?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-12-07-13-04-27.png
    Screenshot_2018-12-07-13-04-27.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 126
Reactions: oliver
Just for clarification to others, RPW is in the US, so this update is accessible outside of EU as well... me sees a busy morning at CS... call early and get in that queue.

Reactions: JackMTaco
This update is a patch to build 777, I as well as a couple or a handful has problems with this build 777. I hope that this build patch the pixilations and controller reboot in flight.

Here's my experience with 777

Any other tools re-added, like oh say, cruise control?

Reactions: JackMTaco
Contemplating on why mine rebooted in the middle of downloading the kernels at 56% could be due to my media gallery is full of content that I’ve neglected to delete?

No, the return of using the D trim pads to initiate controlled flight. Oh well... I am beginning to wonder if that function will ever re-appear...:rolleyes:

How interesting. I just did a quick search, because that’s new to me... GEEEZ! That would be helpful if Yuneec brings it back, as well another great features that’s offered with the original H

In addition to squashing a few bugs, this release includes better gimbal stability and UI change for disabling NFZs.

Reactions: mbernholdt
In addition to squashing a few bugs, this release includes better gimbal stability and UI change for disabling NFZs.
Thanks

Performed the upgrade with my usual procedure: downgrading everything to build 652 and then going straight to 784. On updating the gimbal code to 784, the gimbal motors did some three tone noise that was not there on 777 (maybe they changed something).
No compass calibration done or any other calibration. Position hold is excellent, my H+ never drifted when flying on my usual test places (my home is pretty congested with WiFi), no lag or other disturbances noted.

Results are excellent: image looks rock solid on video, photos are crisp and colourful.

Normal mode

Original mode

Gorgeous mode

So today I upgraded to Build 784 and immediately after the gimble upgrade happened the camera started vibrating badly and would not stop unless the camera was pointing at 45 degree.
I didnt panic as I knew how to fix this as it has happened before so I will give you the steps here just in case it happens to you.
What I am bewildered with is these issues happen so randomly as other users have upgraded without issue, so if you don't know how to do this you will have to send your H Plus back to Yuneec for it to be fixed.
So here is the method of fixing it.

First of all make sure your camera is pointing straight at 0 degree, I believe that this is the main cause of the gimble upgrade going wrong and causing vibration.
If it all goes wrong do the following steps but first follow this tutorial on how to extract the H Plus firmware.
How to Upgrade/Downgrade C23 Camera Firmware for the H Plus

1, shut down H Plus
2, remove SD Card from C23
3, using the firmware extraction method above put an OLDER gimble firmware (gimble.yuneec) onto a fresh formatted in FAT 32 SD Card (of course you will have needed to save the older firmware in the first place)
4, insert sd card in C23 and switch on the H Plus (do not have the ST16S switched on)
5, wait until the C23 flops and then realigns, leave for a further 2 mins and your vibrations should now have stopped, if not try an even older firmware for the gimble. Switch off H Plus
6, format the SD Card again and then drag and drop the latest gimble firmware on the SD Card
7, re insert the SD Card into C23 and repeat steps 4 and 5

Your C23 should now not have any vibrations and saves you a trip back to Yuneec repairers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trepox