Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New update for H520 version 1.6.18

Reaction score
Just got an email from Yuneec Europe that theres a new update available. Looks like support for the E10Tv and 'general bug fixes'. Again no updated desktop version. Nothing earth shattering!

Capture_yuneec.PNG

great to hear but I am working on something that either will brick my h520 or thanks to a screwup on a new mainboard repair making it to were I gain all functions of h plus and h520. they forgot to addin the security lockdown that yuneec uses that prevents h plus software finding the h520 and the binding to it. I aready spinned the h520 motors up with the h plus software. that did not go totally to plan but now I am able now update c23 gimbal and firmware

Last edited:
Reactions: arruntus
great to hear but I am working on something that either will brick my h520 or thanks to a screwup on a new mainboard repair making it to were I gain all functions of h plus and h520. they forgot to addin the security lockdown that yuneec uses that prevents h plus software finding the h520 and the binding to it. I aready spinned the h520 motors up with the h plus software. that did not go totally to plan but now I am able now update c23 gimbal and firmware

Please keep us informed Terrence, it's very interesting what you tell us :)

Regarding the update, I find it very curious what they have implemented.

- Improved stick-centering safety check. How many ST16S are failing on this issue? Because it is something that already affected the H480 and to put a check means that they have gone through the middle door, aisssss.................. ?
- Remove the option from the hidden menu and make it visible because they must be suffering many stations of the same problem ?
- General bug fixes........ Like not saying anything.......... :rolleyes:

We'll be lucky and in September we'll have a fat update? with added features?????????????

Arruntus, a day before, said .... "Now one thing I think is going to happen, there is no confirmation. An update that can be fat for September or October. We'll see what new surprises await us"

YES, If that's it, it's a failure. Your crystal ball must be messy!

Hi, Arruntus. What a big update!
I do not see this update as transcendent.
Moving a hidden menu function to the normal menu. what a job he must have since the last update of May ...
Frankly, I think I will not even do it, for now the bird flies very well like that.

Last edited:
Reactions: PatR
My RC Monitor after updating to newest version
1566499275448-607751618.jpg
Nothing responds...
Update: I had to restart The st16s again and it looks like everything is Ok. Hope IT wont back.
Well here we go again...
IMG_20190822_212727.jpg

Last edited:
Arruntus, a day before, said .... "Now one thing I think is going to happen, there is no confirmation. An update that can be fat for September or October. We'll see what new surprises await us"

YES, If that's it, it's a failure. Your crystal ball must be messy!

Hi, Arruntus. What a big update!
I do not see this update as transcendent.
Moving a hidden menu function to the normal menu. what a job he must have since the last update of May ...
Frankly, I think I will not even do it, for now the bird flies very well like that.

xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDdddddddddd Don't be bad. Let's read together "An update that can be fat for September or October". Let's analyze it, it's not a big update, it's not September or October. I don't think it matches a single ? ? ? ?

In two weeks the deadline begins, we enter in September. Anyway, you and the rest of us, who are already veterans, know how the deadlines work with Yuneec, don't get nervous, it would be a waste of time ?????

xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDdddddddddd Don't be bad. Let's read together "An update that can be fat for September or October". Let's analyze it, it's not a big update, it's not September or October. I don't think it matches a single ? ? ? ?

In two weeks the deadline begins, we enter in September. Anyway, you and the rest of us, who are already veterans, know how the deadlines work with Yuneec, don't get nervous, it would be a waste of time ?????

To be fair to Arruntus, we've seen this pattern before. Just before the last big update (promoted at CES in January) we got a small update that included support for the new 3DR version (H520-G?).

This seems to be how they work - add support for new variant vehicles or cameras in small updates to ensure they don't break multiple things at a time... then provide enhancement updates on their own.

It wouldnt surprise me if we don't receive any feature enhancements until the H520-rtk is released... whenever that might be... that's assuming support isn't already out, but I could well have missed it.

I agree, everything may be that we have another "small" update for RTK version support, but I'm afraid that dron version will have a software version just for it. Makes sense. Time will tell.

I was referring to an update for the old H520 that we have most of :p

well I can not have h plus software totally working. there is tx conflict between h plus and h520 go figure oh well atleast I can update the firmware on the c23 gimbal and camera. just did 24 flights to test the firmware 12 flights on e90 12 flights on c23. the pictures is were I do my test and training flights. yun_14 is from c23 camera first 2 are from e90

Attachments

• YUN_0004.JPG
    YUN_0004.JPG
    12.9 MB · Views: 18
  • YUN_0025.JPG
    YUN_0025.JPG
    10.5 MB · Views: 19
  • YUN_0014.JPG
    YUN_0014.JPG
    7 MB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Reactions: arruntus
well I can not have h plus software totally working. there is tx conflict between h plus and h520 go figure oh well atleast I can update the firmware on the c23 gimbal and camera. just did 24 flights to test the firmware 12 flights on e90 12 flights on c23. the pictures is were I do my test and training flights. yun_14 is from c23 camera first 2 are from e90

I understand you have both software installed simultaneously, don't you? Do you have problems but is it functional?

no problems with the data pilot at all that's fully functional. h plus is another matter for now. unless I can setup the st16s as a dual boot system . I think usability of the h plus beyond keeping the camera up to date on firmware is going to be mute. despite h plus displaying video feed with e90. H plus also sees the h520 receiver module only got it to bind once and able to do compass calibration. On a good note the firmware as helped out I had issues with the e90 with data pilot where it was timing out and resulting in data pilot semi binding to the h520 while not effecting the flight control when airborne half the items found in data pilot are not listed when the h520 connected to the st16s. It was stuttering on the connection the line near the top of the screen that you see when first connect to st16s was not smooth. I had to remove the sd card from the camera to get full bind with full data pilot to be functional. Looks like that was fixed.

Last edited:
Bugger. I've been deliberately away from here for a while, have flown our H520 last time somewere in the beginning of june. Everything worked well then and before that. Now it started to feel like there might be some spare time to use fiddling with it. I updated everything, went ok, thus it seems that they have implemented some windows™ features in; updates needed three times power off/on. After updates I went through compass and accelometer calibrations and they went through, just with a little glitch, in second to last phase in accelometer calibration gimbal went berzerk and now it does this instatly after powering on. I'm strongly thinking on putting the bird back in case and putting the case in some dark place where it will not be found.

Last edited:
Capture.JPG
Sublime! In flight, you only have to compensate with the Roll stick, but you have to do very quickly ......moqueur dji.gif
There to turn 360 °, it turns.

Terrence
How did you recover from the TX upgrade ?? I was installing it and it completely locked my ST 16
It won’t turn on now at all

Hm, maybe I should back off a little with my accusations considering this last software update. Did some testing yesterday and the fault is definitely in E90 gimbal. CGOET works fine and H520 flies as it should. I can prevent E90 from spinning as wild as ahown above just by grabbing ity before it gets going, it may stand still or spin on opposite direction in moderate speed which is possible to achieve also with gimbal controls. There is no response from E90, thus it sends videosignal but I have no control over it. After been attached on H520 a while on table and powered on and no matter has it been spinning on slow pace or not have been spinning at all gimbal arm is hotter than **** so there is likely a short circuit somewhere.

It's pretty much impossible for me to guess did the crash that happened early spring have something to do with this, E90 lost its antenna then, new one was installed and camera checked working well. It has been flown after that before this incident on over a dozen occasions and on over 30 separate flights. I'm guessing its time to send it for repairs and pay some more.

Hmm, was just looking at the firmware page and one of the 'Improvements' descriptions on the Android firmware update says the following;

"Repositioning control pad (Left pad up/down: brightness, Left pad left/right: white balance, Right pad up/down: zoom in/out, Right pad right/left: zoom in/out)"

I assume this adds some use to the D-pads then?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval