Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New update Trouble

Reaction score
I just got the Mantis Q today and I worked for hours trying to set it up but I'm having trouble. I am able to connect my phone to the drone and can pick up video from the drone to my phone, however when I open the app it says an update is needed and when I press the button to update I get another notification saying "Network Error" and it gives me the option to Retry, but it keeps doing the same thing. I would love some insight on this issue, thanks!

Reactions: terry griffin
I just got the Mantis Q today and I worked for hours trying to set it up but I'm having trouble. I am able to connect my phone to the drone and can pick up video from the drone to my phone, however when I open the app it says an update is needed and when I press the button to update I get another notification saying "Network Error" and it gives me the option to Retry, but it keeps doing the same thing. I would love some insight on this issue, thanks!

I bought my mantis q yesterday and spent hours trying to work around the error. A " couldnt connect" kept popping up. I took it out to a field close to home and for some reason it did the update right there at the field. I have no idea why it didnt work at home. I have great internet and wifi.

Hang on for better answers. but !! This was an issue before and was resolved, Mine work last time I flew. good luck.

I bought my Mantis several weeks ago and it did the exact same thing. I was trying to update it in my house, and it would never give me an option to connect.

It just kept saying "network error".

I took it outside, in the middle of a large field, and fired it up. It went through the process, downloaded the update, and I have been flying perfectly ever since.

I think it had something to do with trying to bounce back and forth between the "house" wifi and the "Mantis" wifi.

I could be completely wrong, but after leaving the house, everything worked perfect.

Jerry

There's a lot of interference in most homes that will cause update issue. So as those above, go outside, bring a beer or four and try updating again. If it still fails, try four more beers, continue with beer until you think the Mantis q is flying. Problem solved!;)

I could be wrong, but I believe the Mantis Q updates the way the Breeze did. You connect to the Mantis via the phone’s WiFi and to the Yuneec servers via cellular network.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430