Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New User/ Flyer help

Reaction score
Hi,

I am new to professional quadcopter, recently brought a typhoon G from police auction. It is in bad shape, have figured out some parts i need, rest need help.
So the propellers are gone, need those, controller is missing , from youtube figured out that 5.4 ghz transmitter under the copter is missing.
In picture 2, there is something hanging by the camera, what is it and what do i need to fix it?
picture 3, there is a connector in battery compartment, what is it?
picture 4, nose is broken, should i glue it?
there are few more pics included, anything that i missed, you pros might help me with.

Also, apart from kijiji, ebay etc, any reliable place to buy parts (inexpensive).
btw, i did turn it on, lights turned on and camera did a bit of movement too.

thanks

p.s should mention, my previous experience is with small indoor heli and quad with exception of viper that i used to learn out door flying :)

Attachments

• 20170909_153255.jpg
    20170909_153255.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 45
  • 20170911_153034.jpg
    20170911_153034.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 40
  • 20170911_153053.jpg
    20170911_153053.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 35
  • 20170911_153135.jpg
    20170911_153135.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 35
  • 20170911_153132.jpg
    20170911_153132.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 35
  • 20170911_153045.jpg
    20170911_153045.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 38
I know this is not a lot of help, but,
If you go to this Map :Yuneec Pilots Home Locations
You may find a pilot near where you live, most of the people on that map are members of this forum.
You can always send them a PM and maybe meet up.
The props are easy to find, The ST-10 controller can be found as well. Unless I know the seller, I would opt for a new one. The part right above the camera lens is the 5.8 Ghz clover leaf antenna use for the video down link.
With out seeing it in my hands I am not sure what the loose connector is for. (camera??)
Many places to get spare parts from, and several in the USA that also do repair work.

Bob

Reactions: khanlov
from youtube figured out that 5.4 ghz transmitter under the copter is missing.
I don't think anything is missing. Although this may be a G model it will be identical to the Q500 4k. I looks like the camera is a CGO3. The G model would have a different gimbal and mount for a Gopro camera. The one you have does not. That antenna you see hanging out of the camera is the 5.8GHz video antenna.
The hole in the top can be repaired with JB Weld for plastic.
The wire next to the battery compartment is the connector for a special USB cable that connects the Q500 to your computer. You will need that to run the diagnostics on the Q using the GUI software. You can download the GUI from Yuneec.com.
I can't see anything else in the pictures well enough to make any further judgements. I don't see anything hanging next to the camera.

thank you guys for the help. I guess now i know whats missing and whats not. Just need to order some parts and get ground control.

The 'missing antenna' i was talking about, saw it in the manual 'Rayray' posted link for. it is on page 9 under preparing MK58 title.

once again, really appreciate the help. Amazing people and support :)

thanks Steve

just naive question but there is no external antenna/transponder to communicate with ground station?

The antennas on the ST10 are inside the front flat panel. The video antenna on the Q is the one you see on the camera. The other antennas vary in location on the Q, usually on the landing gear.

thanks steve. one more quick question, would ST10 that comes with yuneec blade work with this model?

thanks

since you have been helpful, i thought of sharing my progress. Just brought these. Typhoon battery had some juice, was able to bind machine and camera. Works great. turned it on as well but since props are missing, didn't take off :$
now i need connecting wire for balancing charger, props and glue :)

Also, there are 4 button, 2 on either side of power button (up/down, left/right). Even manual doesn't have any explanation. what are those for?

Attachments

• 20170912_230613.jpg
    20170912_230613.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 8
  • 20170912_230657.jpg
    20170912_230657.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Incidentally, you can use any mini USB charger for the ST10. A phone charger works fine but may take several hours.

Here's a good place to start with videos. Jeff has lots of videos for the Q500 that are very helpful.

Also, learn to use Hardware Monitor on the ST10 to check all your switches, sliders and sticks. In particular the sticks need checked regularly as they get sluggish and will need cleaned.
When you get ready for your first flight sit the Q on level ground, reach underneath and turn on the power and then don't touch it until it is fully booted. Let it sit with the motors off for 13 minutes to allow the GPS to fully update. On subsequent flights it will only take it a minute or two. Nope, that's not in the manual.

watched 4 videos, really helpful.
one thing missing is, even he didn't talk about those 4 buttons i mentioned earlier.

mine is a typhoon G with CG03 camera

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval