Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New wifi module for H520

Both questions are answered in the text there where the picures come from:

"Full data connectivity is enabled with the ground station including mission upload/download, mission commands and telemetry. Currently, there is no physical interface to connect with an external payload. "

"Currently, there is no physical interface to connect with an external payload"

This isn't a problem. Only 2 or 3 cables would be necessary depending on whether the external Payload wants to send information. Soldering cables to RX, TX and Ground and running in parallel, I have done it a few times. Obviously the Payload has to support Mavlink.

finally a way to fly the h520 without a camera attached.

Terence,

I thought we can already fly an H520 without a camera. I vaguely recall doing just that. I know we can do a manual bind.

Isn’t it the calibrations (accelerometer, gimbal-duh, et al) that require the camera to be attached?

If the WiFi module will let us calibrate without the camera, one high five. If the WIFI module will let us fly the H520 with one ST16s, and control a payload with another controller, high five number two.

My next test will be to mount a CGO3+ to my H520 to see if I can control it with a ST16, while controlling the H520 with its ST16s. I don’t recall reading of anyone already trying this. If so, I missed it. Still could be fun.

Jeff

yes currently you can fly with out camera .However you would not have certain info that I consider critical such as battery level gps status on the h520 and other telemetry and can not do dry run of missions from mission planner before installing the camera payload. and yes you can attach a cgo3+ to h520 and use the h480 st16 to see the camera but you have no gimbal control. cgo3+ will be set front and center view only. and you would not have any telemetry being sent to the h520 st16s controller. With yuneec wifi adapter and a double mounting plate adapter that can be made to fit on to the h520 like the h480 realsense module can be installed physically on the h520. Question then becomes voltage and amperage draw of the setup.

Last edited:
I also have a very good guess why they choose e50 over e90 camera to base the wifi adapter on. the basic wire structure of the e50 and most important the wifi board built directly on the e50 controller. While on the e90 you have atleast three critical pieces in different locations that have to be connected and atleast 2 that need heat sinks and that make using the e90 not suitable to convert over. now to solve the amperage and voltage question may be answered by, what the lowest voltage the wifi adapter needs to function. and what is the voltage reading on the rear cable they left in the h520 that goes into the not used lamp shade that is used for the h480 intel rs module. if that cable can be modified to supply power to the wifi module then run a rx line and tx line from the gimbal in parallel to the wifi module. the main gimbal plate should be freed up for use for a non yuneec payload mount on the h520. and with the wifi adapter which is a dummy e50 camera. calibrations of the h520 should be more precise by removing the camera that vibrates the air frame when doing the calibrations

Last edited:
The yangda sky eye II, with the flir duo pro R have a payload about 870 grams.
It's impossibile to Mount a double slide for this payload and E90 camera and have a good flight time.
Than the wifi module is the road to fly with other payload as lidar, thermalcam, pollution air station, multispectral camera...

I just have the double slide, but the flight time is around 12 min.

Instead with only the flir is around 19 min (standard battery, non gifi battery)

Hi all dears
I'm a newbie on this forum;
I unsderstand that the wifi module is based on the E50 mainboard.
Does any one has the layer and the wiring of this wifi module?
Does any one able to provide this wifi module?
Best regards
Fly

Last edited:
Teoretically it's posibble to attach any mavlink telemetry(wifi, or any other) to Yuneec usb port or tx/rx from gimball connector.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430